Passed bar exam on 5th try. Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Passed bar exam on 5th try. Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Hey everyone,
I finally passed the UBE last after taking it five times unsuccessfully. Thanks to everyone for their encouragement! That helped.
I want to comment on what I did differently which may have popped me over the top.
I was testing in the 230s and 240s. I couldn't seem to pop 265. I was doing roughly 128ish in the multiple choice (MBE) section and 112ish in the written (6 essays in the MEE and 2 MPTs)
I knew I could do better on the MBE so I just kept doing a shit ton of multiple choice.
In the last weeks before the bar, I proly did 100 a week for a month and a half. Afterwards, I looked at what I got wrong AND what I got right.
But then I really focused on MEEs and MPTs since I knew that's where the money was.
As for the MEEs: I looked at an online list of most heavily tested areas of law on the MEEs. Smart Bar Prep has a list online. (Don't buy this. Just download a copy from their site)
Their list includes the most heavily tested areas. The list will tell you: from Feb 1995 to Feb 2020 the percentage of time a particular area of law has been tested. EX: Civ Pro 94% v Partnerships 65%. Then it will list sub areas that are heavily tested. EX: SMJ: Diversity Jurisdiction 37%. BIG ONE! (Know the shit out of this bitch!).
I studied the shit out of the most heavily tested areas. So if it wasn't tested above 8% or 9%, then I didn't even look at it. I looked at what was MOST likely going to be tested. And I didn't bother with stoopid shit like Conflict of laws. (That's not even a thing. Is It?)
Finally I made my MPTs look purdy! I worried less about if I was hitting all the facts, I really focused on complete sentences, capitalization, succinct ideas, in other words I MADE IT LOOK LIKE A DOCUMENT I WOULD TURN INTO MY LEAD ATTORNEY! I mean that thing was freakin' spotless. Yea, ok I was missing a few facts and few areas of law maybe, but it was a pretty thing. (Not like my last ones, ew gross. They looked like law school notes, DON'T SUBMIT NOTES!).
Final point: I NEVER FUCKING GAVE UP!
You shouldn't either.
Love,
Frankenfarter
See you in court!

rhs67858

New

Re: Passed bar exam on 5th try. Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Post by rhs67858 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Hey, first off congrats.

Tried 5 times too (CA). Last time was 2019 Spring and missed by less than half a point (1389.74 out of 1390 I think). No excuses but that last time I also made super stupid mistakes that were preventable.

Not making this about me. In short, I work in biz dev for a tech company. Doing fine but frustrated. I am unhappy because I feel like I have this black eye. I am also overcompensating in both my professional and personal life, and all because I have not passed yet. I swear. It's wild.

I realized this this morning. Actually, this morning is when I determined I would take it again hence coming back to check in with TLS.

Good luck with your endeavors, be ferocious in your practice, and thank you for posting this.

tsam6842

New

Post by tsam6842 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Congratulations! Very happy for you.

I will be taking it for the 3rd time myself this July, so I will view you as an inspiration.

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Sun May 02, 2021 11:21 am

Congrats!!!! Determination is key!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Sun May 30, 2021 6:11 pm

Congrats to you. I failed ny UBE 5 times. I registered for July... but my low self-esteem is taking the best of me. There is no hope for a failure like me.

michre1989

New

Post by michre1989 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:27 am

I just found out I passed on what was my 3rd attempt! To those who are receiving bad news in the next few weeks, do not give up - you can pass! There is no reason you can't as long as you are willing to do the work and put the effort in.

jdthebest

New

Post by jdthebest » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:19 am

I passed on my 2nd try - just found out! I hope anyone who does not pass the first time does not give up. There is no reason that anyone who is reasonably intelligent cannot pass the bar, it just takes the right study approach I think. And different study tools work better for some people than others. But you can pass, you just need to realize it is a test, once you can take some of the pressure off yourself, it is much easier to put it in perspective.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”