Bar Exam: The Next Generation Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Bar Exam: The Next Generation

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:38 pm

For those who didn't catch the news, it looks as though the bar exam is going to be completely overhauled. In 2025 or 2026. So not right around the corner.

Right now these are just preliminary recommendations but there will be a vote in the last week of January in which the recommendations could become final. Then, I assume, the work begins on creating the exam.

All info as it stands today is @ https://testingtaskforce.org/research/p ... amination/

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

cavalier1138

Re: Bar Exam: The Next Generation

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:45 am

If I'm reading this correctly, it sounds like they want to convert the exam to a more comprehensive version of the MPT, which I think makes a ton more sense than the current setup.

Does anyone know if they intend these recommendations to cover the MPRE? Seems a little silly to leave that test in the same multiple-choice format when everyone recognizes that it's not working.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Bar Exam: The Next Generation

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 am

I think you're absolutely right about your thoughts on the MPT. I read that the MPRE will remain a separate stand-alone exam.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”