Taking the bar again in NY Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
RJgoodmen

New

Taking the bar again in NY

Post by RJgoodmen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:49 pm

Hey I wanted someone’s advice or maybe someone is in the same situation I am and can let me know that they’re doing. I just saw on the NY bar examiners website that I have only 4 days to register to be allowed to retake the NY bar exam in September. I failed my first time a year ago and did not take it in this past February. I already have a course so that’s an issue. A good friend of mine who had also failed While using Barbri loved Marino bar review and recommended it so I am signed up for their retaker course. They have been very nice and let me know they will help customize a study plan for me as soon as I decide for sure when I am going to take the exam. I also am planning to use Adaptibar to help with my MBE issues which I know are a problem. I have heard good things about them. My question is, should I try to take the exam in September or wait until the next February exam? I would think that the extra time would only help me prepare plus there seems to be a lot of uncertainty about September still that makes me very nervous. On the other hand, the sooner I pass, the sooner I get admitted and I am pretty sure there is a decent legal job waiting for me at that point. So I’m confused about what to do now

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”