Courtesy seating for foreign applicant Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JoJePa

New

Courtesy seating for foreign applicant

Post by JoJePa » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:38 am

I am a foreign bar applicant who needs to resit the bar exam. I sat it in NY In Feb 2020 and have completed all the other requirements (NYLE etc). It looks like NY will never open up the exam in Sep to me given I’m not from a NY or US law school and I’m a retaker. Currently going through the list of courtesy seating states. Anyone out there found a state where I, as a retaker and foreign-educated individual, can sit it in September which is still taking applicants? Thank you.

b290

Bronze

Re: Courtesy seating for foreign applicant

Post by b290 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:42 am

JoJePa wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:38 am
I am a foreign bar applicant who needs to resit the bar exam. I sat it in NY In Feb 2020 and have completed all the other requirements (NYLE etc). It looks like NY will never open up the exam in Sep to me given I’m not from a NY or US law school and I’m a retaker. Currently going through the list of courtesy seating states. Anyone out there found a state where I, as a retaker and foreign-educated individual, can sit it in September which is still taking applicants? Thank you.
It’s very unlikely you’ll be sitting in September. The amount of states that would allow you to take an exam are already a few. The current situation has only relaxed rules for those who’ve graduated this year (and to a lesser extent domestically-trained first-time takers). Everyone else pretty much has to wait.

This isn’t the answer you’re looking for, but there isn’t much else. You might as well get your C&F done while you wait.

Prepare for Feb 2021.

My $.02

JoJePa

New

Post by JoJePa » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:30 am

Thx for taking the time to respond. February it is. Best wishes from Scotland, J

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:42 pm

JoJePa wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:30 am
Thx for taking the time to respond. February it is. Best wishes from Scotland, J
Thank you. I’m in the same boat (even though I have a US license). We are so far down the priority line. I took one look at the prioritization list and I came to the same conclusion.

At least we should pass with flying colors in February :lol: Good luck to you as well!

My $.02

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”