2020 September California Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Heyall

New

Re: 2020 September California Bar Exam

Post by Heyall » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:34 pm

All 5 essays, 2 MBEs, and the PT are available to download. I got a confirmation email for each.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 pm

Heyall wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:34 pm
All 5 essays, 2 MBEs, and the PT are available to download. I got a confirmation email for each.
Though they sent a receipt that all of the files have been downloaded, I am missing essay 2. Anyone else have that problem?

Heyall

New

Post by Heyall » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 pm
Heyall wrote:
Though they sent a receipt that all of the files have been downloaded, I am missing essay 2. Anyone else have that problem?
Did you scroll all the way down on the left side. The scroll bar is thin.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:20 pm

Heyall wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 pm
Heyall wrote:
Did you scroll all the way down on the left side. The scroll bar is thin.
I did. I ended up calling Examplify tech support and they were able to resolve the problem. Apparently for some users specifically Essay 2 doesn't show up. They had to download it on their side. If anyone has issues they would need to call Examplify to download it again.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:04 pm

Good luck everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GS1123

New

Post by GS1123 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:40 pm

I've downloaded the exam! So nervous!!!

I feel like I'm not retaining information anymore, but also feel like I don't know anything. I'm really nervous. I keep forgetting stuff, even though I thought I knew it. Just a heads up, I'm a licensed attorney taking the attorneys' exam. I guess, I felt this way before I took the NY bar. But still nervous. Any advice on how to maximize these last few days? I really don't want to waste them. I can put in at least another 40 hours of studying before the exam on Monday.

Heyall

New

Post by Heyall » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:30 pm

GS1123 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:40 pm
I've downloaded the exam! So nervous!!!

I feel like I'm not retaining information anymore, but also feel like I don't know anything. I'm really nervous. I keep forgetting stuff, even though I thought I knew it. Just a heads up, I'm a licensed attorney taking the attorneys' exam. I guess, I felt this way before I took the NY bar. But still nervous. Any advice on how to maximize these last few days? I really don't want to waste them. I can put in at least another 40 hours of studying before the exam on Monday.
I'm not qualified to give anyone advice, but I'm practicing writing out rule statements really fast. Morning, afternoon, and night. I just start writing rules so I can get them out quickly at any time of day, since the exam is all morning and afternoon.

Best of luck!

shengren

New

Post by shengren » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:53 am

Does anyone know if a desk lamp is allowed on my desk during the exam? I checked the FAQ for the exam and it says "Have a light or a window in front of you to ensure that your face is well lit for the
photo." Does that mean it is allowed?

Heyall

New

Post by Heyall » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 pm

shengren wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:53 am
Does anyone know if a desk lamp is allowed on my desk during the exam? I checked the FAQ for the exam and it says "Have a light or a window in front of you to ensure that your face is well lit for the
I'm assuming it would be allowed.

I saw a comment on twitter from someone saying they're taking the exam in a laundry room where it's bright, because otherwise if the place is too dark, the cam/recognition software will have a problem.

That's what was done on the practice exam. The cam took your picture to see if there was enough light to recognize you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shengren

New

Post by shengren » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Heyall wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 pm
shengren wrote:

I saw a comment on twitter from someone saying they're taking the exam in a laundry room where it's bright, because otherwise if the place is too dark, the cam/recognition software will have a problem.

That's what was done on the practice exam. The cam took your picture to see if there was enough light to recognize you.
Thank you!

cocaineledger

New

Post by cocaineledger » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:58 am

shengren wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:00 pm
Heyall wrote:
shengren wrote:

Thank you!
Hopefully you see this in time -- I emailed the bar and asked them this specific question -- here is the response:

"Furniture, including a lamp, is allowed. Anything with writing, books, papers, or anything of this sort should be removed or covered. Any electronic devices should be removed or covered. "

shengren

New

Post by shengren » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:36 pm

cocaineledger wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:58 am
shengren wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:00 pm
Heyall wrote:
shengren wrote:

Thank you!
Hopefully you see this in time -- I emailed the bar and asked them this specific question -- here is the response:

"Furniture, including a lamp, is allowed. Anything with writing, books, papers, or anything of this sort should be removed or covered. Any electronic devices should be removed or covered. "
Thank you so much!

GS1123

New

Post by GS1123 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:07 pm

What do you guys think the odds are that they would have business associations on this exam, considering the last one had it?

This is the one subject I barely studied compared to the rest. Kinda worried. Guess I could cram it in tomorrow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cls1650

New

Post by cls1650 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:41 pm

GS1123 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:07 pm
What do you guys think the odds are that they would have business associations on this exam, considering the last one had it?

This is the one subject I barely studied compared to the rest. Kinda worried. Guess I could cram it in tomorrow.
I think it's pretty unlikely. Also, it's pretty easy to at least get some points if you know the general concepts of agency and partnerships, which are pretty straightforward. Corporations is a little trickier, but you could do a quick review before Monday. Good luck!

Heyall

New

Post by Heyall » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:46 am

GS1123 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Never say never, but Business Association is only tested once every few years. The last time it was tested back-to-back was in 2010.

Heyall

New

Post by Heyall » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:09 pm

Am I a complete idiot, or does someone know who Elmo is?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:22 pm

Heyall wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:09 pm
Am I a complete idiot, or does someone know who Elmo is?

No, but Elmo knows who you are now

Happy 50% day!! May all of your ExamSofts crash tomorrow and everyone receive license by technicality

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:05 pm

My ExamSoft did not work MBE part 2 and PT :cry: It had worked by MBE part 1 and I suppose I had done well essays and MBE 1st. It was a too bad day. I cannot do anything now :cry: Does anyone have a similar error?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:17 pm

Oh dear, I am very sorry to know you have to go through with such issue.

I also had issue on my 5th essay my computer got freeze and I had to call during test examsoft. Not to my surprise it took 1 hr 30 min before finally I got back to essay 5th and finished it.

Other than that .. everything was smooth.
But, I have concerned about flags becuz while I got back to essay 5th it asked resume code the examsoft guy give it to me on call while I was monitoring when I entered and click to see resume code working. Once I entered, essay 5th showed up in screen than I got off the phone and got up shut down phone and put in my bathroom...

I have concern if this call for violation 6 :(

I am worried. Anyone know?

Miss Trial

New

Post by Miss Trial » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:17 pm
I have concern if this call for violation 6 :(
I am worried. Anyone know?
Did you end up getting one?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”