Two Bar exams Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Two Bar exams

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Is anyone planning on taking two bar exams? There are 2 fall admissions dates (early September, late September). Also at least some states will stick with the July exam. Would taking 2 different jurisdictions' bar exams be a good plan in case you fail one. I am a 3L still working on the job search. I was planning on either taking California bar or New York/MA bar because of families/ties in those states. It looks like its possible to take two bars, and even theoretically three. What do you think about taking 2? California is notoriously difficult to pass. So passing in a different state might increase my job prospects.
Thanks!

QContinuum

Re: Two Bar exams

Post by QContinuum » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Taking two bar exams in close succession is doable. In the pre-UBE days, it wasn't uncommon for adjacent states to partially stagger their bar dates so as to permit, say, taking days 1 and 2 of the NY bar, then driving down to NJ on night 2 and, on day 3, taking day 2 of the NJ bar. (The MBE score from NY would be ported to NJ, in lieu of taking the MBE on day 1 of the NJ bar). Folks routinely did this, and routinely passed both.

Now, is something like that brutal? Yes. Would I recommend it? Not particularly. I'm not convinced I could do it. But many have done it successfully, so apparently it's doable, depending on personal stamina and ability to spend enough time prepping for 2 bar exams simultaneously.

Throwaway5818

New

Re: Two Bar exams

Post by Throwaway5818 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:40 pm

I'm planning to do the same thing. Now we just need some states to go through with July exams lol.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”