NY 1st Department Admissions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mcr3535

New

Re: NY 1st Department Admissions

Post by mcr3535 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm

FYI: I got an email a few days ago saying that my swearing-in date is Nov. 2 (no interview)

Brunette

New

Post by Brunette » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:08 am

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone who’s gone through an admissions ceremony lately could explain what it’s like. When did you get info re: logistics? Is it on Zoom? How many applicants attend? Is there any personal element to it or is it just one big group thing? Hoping to get a better idea of what to expect when the time rolls around.
Thanks!

Lancair

New

Post by Lancair » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Got an email saying my admission ceremony is going to be Nov 9. Huge relief. No mention of an interview or the requirement being waived, so not sure if that’ll happen before then.

teenageluminary

New

Post by teenageluminary » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:33 pm

I received an invite for the Oct. 26th ceremony today.

As I noted upthread, I (re)submitted my application online due to the pandemic around July 27th - so for anyone else who is still waiting to hear from the first department, it took about 11 weeks for everything to be processed.

Cohen20

New

Post by Cohen20 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Congrats guys you must be relieved. Anyone know if we’re officially admitted immediately after the oath ceremony or if we have to wait until we get some other documentation?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Is anyone aware of whether affidavits have to be hand signed, considering the fact that we are only making digital submissions now?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Has anyone heard back from the First Department lately? They haven't responded to any of my emails, going on 5-6 months. Their voicemail is also full...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Does anyone have trouble watching the orientation videos online? The videos keep buffering and can't start. I have tried my laptop, iPad, and iPhone and none of them works. :?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”