NY Second Department Admission Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: NY Second Department Admission

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:04 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:49 pm
Any updates from anyone?

I submitted my materials in January, had to get a revised form to them in April, and haven’t heard back since being told the app was complete shortly thereafter. I called for a status check and I got the (what I assume to be) generic “your app is under review” response. I know they’ve been backlogged and doing ceremonies virtually, but it just seems like this has been an awfully long (and a bit concerning) wait even considering their backlog.
Did you ever hear back from them? I'm in a similar boat. Have been complete for several months. Am starting a new gig soon and need to be sworn in before that time. Just how bad is this backlog?
I did hear back from them finally. About two weeks ago, I had a pretty brief interview on Facetime with someone and we had a chill conversation. At the end, he told me that he approved my app, and I was sworn in on the 31st. Very thankful the process is over, but maybe if you still haven’t heard I would consider calling them and expressing your concern, especially if you don’t have any major issues on your application which otherwise might delay the process. Good luck!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:32 pm

How long after one's interview did people typically hear from the Committee about a swearing in date? And how long did you have to wait to actually get sworn in?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:32 pm
How long after one's interview did people typically hear from the Committee about a swearing in date? And how long did you have to wait to actually get sworn in?
For me, I heard the day after my “interview,” and then was sworn in the following week. So pretty quick turnaround

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:26 pm

I had my interview Wednesday and was asked about availability for swearing in just now.

For background, I submitted early March, was asked to answer a question I left blank in late May, and asked for availability for C&F interview Tuesday. The interview took about 5 minutes and wanted to know about an LSAT score they didn't have a number for. I didn't report my last take since I cancelled after taking; further proof that the only hang-ups with the bar involve non-disclosure. Always be candid folks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:26 pm
I had my interview Wednesday and was asked about availability for swearing in just now.

For background, I submitted early March, was asked to answer a question I left blank in late May, and asked for availability for C&F interview Tuesday. The interview took about 5 minutes and wanted to know about an LSAT score they didn't have a number for. I didn't report my last take since I cancelled after taking; further proof that the only hang-ups with the bar involve non-disclosure. Always be candid folks!
I forgot to mention that last week I emailed the bar staffer who asked about the blank question. I never received confirmation that my updated questionnaire had been received. Not saying everyone should flood their respective departments with inquiries about status updates, but if you've been in limbo for months it might not hurt to make sure you haven't been looked over.

Also, does anyone know when the next virtual swearing in will be?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am

2021 updates:

Submitted late December 2020. Received an email asking me to update a document. I sent that in before the new year. Got an email today asking me to interview today. Seems like things are working quickly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:45 pm

Anyone have a sense for the current second department timeline? I submitted in late Jan 2022, radio silence ever since.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”