Nov. 2019 MPRE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
exdeanrod

New

Nov. 2019 MPRE

Post by exdeanrod » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 pm

What's the general consensus on what is the necessary and sufficient amount of time to study for the MPRE? I was planning on putting in 6-7 full days of studying (think like eight hours_ with two more half days of studying (more like 3-4 hours).

And what are the best materials to use? I know BARBI has a free course and I've heard it's important to spend most of your time doing practice tests.

QContinuum

Re: Nov. 2020 MPRE

Post by QContinuum » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:23 am

If you are actually talking about the Nov. 2020 MPRE, now is way, way, way too early to be even remotely thinking about it. It takes, IME, about a week of serious but part-time prep (i.e., during law school, while still going to classes and doing your other normal stuff). Maybe two weeks max if you want to spread it out a bit more or you'll be taking the MPRE before you take PR (or your PR course turns out to be completely irrelevant for purposes of the MPRE, which isn't all that uncommon).

6-7 8-hour days plus 2 more 4-hour days is tremendous overkill and would not be the best use of your time.

exdeanrod

New

Re: Nov. 2020 MPRE

Post by exdeanrod » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:58 pm

QContinuum wrote:If you are actually talking about the Nov. 2020 MPRE, now is way, way, way too early to be even remotely thinking about it. It takes, IME, about a week of serious but part-time prep (i.e., during law school, while still going to classes and doing your other normal stuff). Maybe two weeks max if you want to spread it out a bit more or you'll be taking the MPRE before you take PR (or your PR course turns out to be completely irrelevant for purposes of the MPRE, which isn't all that uncommon).

6-7 8-hour days plus 2 more 4-hour days is tremendous overkill and would not be the best use of your time.
Lmao, I'm an idiot, I mean 2019. I'll see if I can edit it.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: Nov. 2019 MPRE

Post by Dcc617 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:05 pm

I studied for like half of the day before. I read the outline and did a few sets of practice questions. I passed by a pretty wide margin even though I was sure I failed when I walked out the door.

You may want to study more than me, but a week of full time study is absolutely overkill.

Rooks

New

Post by Rooks » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:53 pm

i studied the morning of (woke up at like 4am) and just did Barbri slides. planned to do a practice test but didn't have time. ended up getting an 86, good enough for all jds lol. finished the test about an hour and a half early, didn't review my answers. thinking back--definitely reckless, but it worked out and I wasn't really stressing over whether I was going to pass or not because I still had a few more attempts before graduation. I'd recommend one to two days of studying if you really want to be safe.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Scores are posted!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:14 pm

PASSED - 109

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:18 pm

LOL, needed an 85, scored an 86. Just responsible enough.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”