Maryland Law Component Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DalRock

New

Maryland Law Component

Post by DalRock » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:52 pm

To pass, you need to get 40 correct answers out of 50 questions in 90 minutes.

Alonso

New

Re: Maryland Law Component

Post by Alonso » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:59 am

Hey,

Has someone taken the Maryland Law Component? If so, could you please share what I can expect?

FappleJax

New

Post by FappleJax » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Alonso wrote:Hey,

Has someone taken the Maryland Law Component? If so, could you please share what I can expect?
It's pretty straightforward. You first download the .pdf of the subject matter outlines and then you have 90 mins to answer 50 multiple choice questions open-book. Grading is instant and you have as many chances as needed to get 40 out of 50 correct. Once you do, you get a certificate saying you passed the Maryland Law Component. Overall, not too bad. I was able to complete it while at work.

Alonso

New

Post by Alonso » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:19 pm

Thanks! Truly appreciate it.

Are the questions similar to the bar exam where you have hypos that you have to apply the law, or more like recitations (memorization of the law) of it?

Thanks again for the help.

FappleJax wrote:

It's pretty straightforward. You first download the .pdf of the subject matter outlines and then you have 90 mins to answer 50 multiple choice questions open-book. Grading is instant and you have as many chances as needed to get 40 out of 50 correct. Once you do, you get a certificate saying you passed the Maryland Law Component. Overall, not too bad. I was able to complete it while at work.

FappleJax

New

Post by FappleJax » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Most of the questions are like that, they give you a hypo and you have to pick from choices A-D. There are a few "gimme" questions like "What is the rule in Maryland for _____" but only a few.
Alonso wrote:Thanks! Truly appreciate it.

Are the questions similar to the bar exam where you have hypos that you have to apply the law, or more like recitations (memorization of the law) of it?

FappleJax wrote:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alonso

New

Post by Alonso » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:32 pm

Thanks, FappleJax! You are the best.
FappleJax wrote:Most of the questions are like that, they give you a hypo and you have to pick from choices A-D. There are a few "gimme" questions like "What is the rule in Maryland for _____" but only a few.
Alonso wrote:Thanks! Truly appreciate it.

FappleJax wrote:

gpca

New

Post by gpca » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:44 pm

When do they send this to applicants? I thought it was after the notice was filed, but never got anything or a response from SBLE.

DalRock

New

Post by DalRock » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:01 am

Anyone took their oath of admission for Maryland UBE Transfer applicants?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”