NCBE Practice vs Actual MBE Score Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
HairySmokeball

New

NCBE Practice vs Actual MBE Score

Post by HairySmokeball » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:06 pm

In the middle of bar prep for next week's exam. I have been using Themis, but not very happy with my scores (on practice q's or practice exams). Some folks have recommended using at least one practice NCBE exam which I did and scored about 12% better than I have on the Themis questions. I did a quick search to see if there are any reports from past takers of NCBE practice exam scores vs actual MBE but couldn't find anything more recent than 2009.

So, if any of you bar passers are out there and did the NCBE practice tests, how did it compare with your score? I do understand that we don't know our MBE raw, but just looking for some numbers to compare with. Thanks all!

Jcanqueen12

New

Re: NCBE Practice vs Actual MBE Score

Post by Jcanqueen12 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:19 am

HairySmokeball wrote:In the middle of bar prep for next week's exam. I have been using Themis, but not very happy with my scores (on practice q's or practice exams). Some folks have recommended using at least one practice NCBE exam which I did and scored about 12% better than I have on the Themis questions. I did a quick search to see if there are any reports from past takers of NCBE practice exam scores vs actual MBE but couldn't find anything more recent than 2009.

So, if any of you bar passers are out there and did the NCBE practice tests, how did it compare with your score? I do understand that we don't know our MBE raw, but just looking for some numbers to compare with. Thanks all!

I would be interested in this information as well but somehow there is not much info out there,which is weird especially considering these came out in 2017.

Dunnkirk85

New

Post by Dunnkirk85 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:42 am

According to some other threads I've seen, that exam is not particularly helpful in that it doesn't include the harder level questions that will show up on the exam, mainly just the easier to easy/medium ones.

ncheerharan

New

Post by ncheerharan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:10 am

Dunnkirk85 wrote:According to some other threads I've seen, that exam is not particularly helpful in that it doesn't include the harder level questions that will show up on the exam, mainly just the easier to easy/medium ones.
Well shit. I got a 75 on that, but thought it was hard and you're out here telling me those were the easy questions?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”