Anyone else finish the mbe really early? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
barprepforca

New

Re: Anyone else finish the mbe really early?

Post by barprepforca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Just as a counter point, I was running up against the clock for the CA Bar Exam on both ends (literally finished both sections with <1 min) and managed to pass.

RecruiterMan

New

Post by RecruiterMan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Finally got my score; finished both the morning and the afternoon with an hour to spare, and ended up with a 165 scaled MBE.

HopingIPass2929

New

Post by HopingIPass2929 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:46 am

RecruiterMan wrote:Finally got my score; finished both the morning and the afternoon with an hour to spare, and ended up with a 165 scaled MBE.

Just a point. I do not think you can measure performance by the time you finish the MBE. The person above me finished with an hour to spare and received a 165, which is a great score and will get you a pass in every jurisdiction. I finished with 2 minutes to spare on each part, and received a 164.1. I think everyone is different, and for any future readers that are tripping out, just know that finishing is important, how long before the exam ends is pretty irrelevant. People pass with the same scores finishing an hour early or right at the final time.

lexingtonhr

New

Post by lexingtonhr » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:59 pm

HopingIPass2929 wrote:
RecruiterMan wrote:Finally got my score; finished both the morning and the afternoon with an hour to spare, and ended up with a 165 scaled MBE.

Just a point. I do not think you can measure performance by the time you finish the MBE. The person above me finished with an hour to spare and received a 165, which is a great score and will get you a pass in every jurisdiction. I finished with 2 minutes to spare on each part, and received a 164.1. I think everyone is different, and for any future readers that are tripping out, just know that finishing is important, how long before the exam ends is pretty irrelevant. People pass with the same scores finishing an hour early or right at the final time.

What was your method to studying for the MBE's?

diatribe

New

Post by diatribe » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:50 pm

I finished my AM session really early, finished my PM perfectly on time. CA doesn't let you know your scores if you pass but I got 150+ according to a score advisory. Took a law school offered MBE class then Kaplan MBE prep. No adaptibar or anything like that

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lantpenn

New

Post by lantpenn » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:20 pm

I finished 20-30 min early on both sessions. I attacked the MBE the same way I practiced. At the beginning of my study program I was scoring 50-60 correct. By the end of my program I was scoring 79-81 correct. I found out when I did not select my first choice and wavered, after narrowing the choices down to two, I would select the incorrect answer even when I KNEW it was incorrect! I trained out of this problem by creating a wrong answer review document. I then drilled on the analysis of these wrong answers. I stopped doing questions I was getting right. This is when I started getting 79-81 correct on my practice MBEs. I performed the same study method up until two days before the July 2021MBE. However, I did go over each answer to ensure I filled each bubble, then got up and left the testing area. I left it ALL on the table. I respected and trusted my hard preparation. I would like to think it will pay off because at the end of the day ....you just do not know ...until you know! I used BARMAX it was excellent!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”