UBE condensed outline/visual aid trade? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
studying4bar

New

UBE condensed outline/visual aid trade?

Post by studying4bar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:51 pm

So I am at 25.8% complete and have no idea how far behind that is but I have begun really putting in more time with memorizing and practicing and one way that seems to help is condensing things into "super mini" outlines or flowchart type visual aids. For example, I just stopped my contracts one for the evening and I have 20 pages of my 51 page lecture handout condensed onto 2 pages and I was a big color coder so issues are one color, analysis is highlighted with white text, side notes/key words or language are in orange, and exceptions in green, etc. Is everyone doing this/if people are doing this then would you be interested in an exchange? My thinking is that we could have another source to look at and if outlines diverge on a point or points we can talk about it and ensure we get to the correct statement. On the other hand, if doing this is a waste of time, let me know that too lol

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: UBE condensed outline/visual aid trade?

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:23 pm

This doesn't sound at all to be a waste of time. All that work is really forcing you to think about the material in a way that merely reading outlines wouldn't accomplish. It strikes me as a very effective way to learn the material--similar to how people would create their own outlines for law school final exams.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

estefanchanning

Bronze

Re: UBE condensed outline/visual aid trade?

Post by estefanchanning » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 pm

studying4bar wrote:So I am at 25.8% complete and have no idea how far behind that is but I have begun really putting in more time with memorizing and practicing and one way that seems to help is condensing things into "super mini" outlines or flowchart type visual aids. For example, I just stopped my contracts one for the evening and I have 20 pages of my 51 page lecture handout condensed onto 2 pages and I was a big color coder so issues are one color, analysis is highlighted with white text, side notes/key words or language are in orange, and exceptions in green, etc. Is everyone doing this/if people are doing this then would you be interested in an exchange? My thinking is that we could have another source to look at and if outlines diverge on a point or points we can talk about it and ensure we get to the correct statement. On the other hand, if doing this is a waste of time, let me know that too lol
It's not a waste of time to condense, but it's a waste of time to share resources. Do you really want to put your trust in someone else's un-vetted condensed outline? Also how many people would you do this with? If you have a group of 10 people each giving you a 2 page outline on contracts, doesn't that defeat the purpose of condensing?

I think you should keep condensing yourself, but I'd advise wasting time with sharing info.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”