July 2018 Maryland Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
nthp

New

Re: July 2018 Maryland Bar

Post by nthp » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:15 pm

purplelaw887 wrote:Any possibility that we may know before Nov. 2nd? And how many of you took barbri as a prep course I'm wonder if their practice MBE is really a good predictor?

I don't think we will get our results until November 2nd, however, that hasn't stopped me from checking the jportal for results every day.

I took Barbri. In other threads on this board I have heard that there is normally a bump up during the actual exam, though I don't remember the actual number.

I'm am also waiting nervously.

purplelaw887

New

Post by purplelaw887 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:26 pm

nthp wrote:
purplelaw887 wrote:Any possibility that we may know before Nov. 2nd? And how many of you took barbri as a prep course I'm wonder if their practice MBE is really a good predictor?

I don't think we will get our results until November 2nd, however, that hasn't stopped me from checking the jportal for results every day.

I took Barbri. In other threads on this board I have heard that there is normally a bump up during the actual exam, though I don't remember the actual number.

I'm am also waiting nervously.
I've been checking everyday too! I feel like they already know who passed or failed by now.

sneakershop1

New

Post by sneakershop1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:59 pm

nthp wrote:
She only knew after the results came out and said something like “Congratulations! I still need X, Y, and Z from you.” I don’t believe she knew ahead of time. I doubt your school knows either and is probably just preparing in the event you pass.

The bar would want the interviewers to know who passed and didn’t do the interviewers didn’t waste their time with more interviews or follow ups.
Thank you, DCESQ! I think that you are right. School communication probably doesn't mean anything.
sneakershop1 wrote:I understand many people completed their interview prior to taking the exam. I've been told there is no correlation between passing/failing and receiving an interview after taking the test. However, it doesn't make much sense to me for the Applicant and the C&F attorney to have an interview if the Applicant failed. Am I thinking too much into this?

Does anyone know anyone that took the test, got an interview, and then failed?
I have a friend who knew two people that took the Maryland Bar last year, one of whom had their interview before results, and failed, and another who passed and then was given an interview. It doesn't look like it means anything, other than the schedule of the Bar interviewer, and perhaps, how difficult your case is.

I had my own Bar interview in September, with my references telling me that they received questionnaires in mid-August, which would have been too early for the Bar interviewer to know anything. I am nervous for results and would love for it to be a sign, but I just don't think it is, given what I have heard.
Thanks for all the responses. Looks like there is absolutely no correlation between interview and passing.

One last question because I"m annoying. In the situation,"one of whom had their interview before results, and failed," was the interview before the exam or the interview was after taking the exam? Thank you

nthp

New

Post by nthp » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:44 pm

sneakershop1 wrote:One last question because I"m annoying. In the situation,"one of whom had their interview before results, and failed," was the interview before the exam or the interview was after taking the exam? Thank you
I don't know. I don't know the person personally. I just got the information second hand. But I don't think it makes much of a difference. They have 800-1000 applicants to go through, so I assume it's pretty spread out.

The only thing that does make me wonder about, though, is if someone has a difficult character and fitness circumstance, and they are interviewed later in the game, did they make a determination before Bar results, or did the file just sit around and the bar interviewer go radio silent if they failed? Because I think that might be a possibility of a hint, though I'm not sure.

Next Friday cannot come soon enough.

nthp

New

Post by nthp » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 pm

The out-of-state attorney's exam results are out tomorrow at 4:30 p.m. Wish the same could be said about the general bar exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

purplelaw887

New

Post by purplelaw887 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Four more days guys. I just can't get my mind off the results. Also I looked at previous forum and there's suppose to some sort of glitch with system that predicts if you passed or not. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

sneakershop1

New

Post by sneakershop1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:46 pm

purplelaw887 wrote:Four more days guys. I just can't get my mind off the results. Also I looked at previous forum and there's suppose to some sort of glitch with system that predicts if you passed or not. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
what forum are you referring to?

purplelaw887

New

Post by purplelaw887 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:09 pm

sneakershop1 wrote:
purplelaw887 wrote:Four more days guys. I just can't get my mind off the results. Also I looked at previous forum and there's suppose to some sort of glitch with system that predicts if you passed or not. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
what forum are you referring to?
Here's the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comm ... ts_thread/

It's on reddit. I believe I've also seen this discussion about the glitch on TLS. But it's a rumor I think or maybe they fixed it now sure.

New

Post by 456123 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:42 pm

Yall. The glitch may be back.

I was playing around with resubmitting the notice of intent for the last couple days, and now I have a yellow exclamation mark next to "Submit Notice" on the My Application tab.

Can anyone else replicate this? What happens when you try to resubmit?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

New

Post by 456123 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:09 pm

Also MBE scaled scores hit a 34 year low.

Uuugh. I don’t have a good feeling about this.

nthp

New

Post by nthp » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:19 pm

456123 wrote:Yall. The glitch may be back.

I was playing around with resubmitting the notice of intent for the last couple days, and now I have a yellow exclamation mark next to "Submit Notice" on the My Application tab.

Can anyone else replicate this? What happens when you try to resubmit?
My Application tab still shows all green checkmarks. I haven't tried to resubmit, though I have gone into the Submit Notice tab. I think maybe because you kept hitting the button the system just gave you a warning sign? I think somewhere in prior threads they said that the system was fixed. I don't really know though.

lawomg

New

Post by lawomg » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:09 pm

456123 wrote:Also MBE scaled scores hit a 34 year low.

456123 :shock: :shock: You need to chill out Bro or Sis. This exam has been taken and passed. This is not a new process. If you wrote about negligence, contract, authority, adverse possession, the requirement of the prosecutor to turn over all evidence even exculpatory, 1st ammendment, standing, adultery, permissible fee splitting, relevant evidence, two dismissal rule, You should be good.

Drop the Mic :shock:

sneakershop1

New

Post by sneakershop1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:33 pm

456123 wrote:Also MBE scaled scores hit a 34 year low.

Where did you get this info?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nthp

New

Post by nthp » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 pm

I am nervous about tomorrow's results, which I feel can go either way for me. Good luck to everyone on this thread, and to all of the lurkers out there.

New

Post by 456123 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Update for future generations: the yellow exclamation mark was not a bad omen. Pass.

Anyone crunch the pass rate yet?

nthp

New

Post by nthp » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:00 pm

I passed! To those that didn't, I believe you'll get there the next time. If anyone out there needs someone to talk to, you can reach me at toplawschoolemail@gmail.com. I'll listen to you.

I also have a full set of Barbri books for Maryland, plus flashcards that I'm willing to give away for free to those with demonstrated need. They are for the July 2018/February 2019 Bar. Just e-mail me at toplawschoolemail@gmail.com to inquire.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lovelydarkanddeep

New

Post by lovelydarkanddeep » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:31 pm

456123 wrote:Update for future generations: the yellow exclamation mark was not a bad omen. Pass.

Anyone crunch the pass rate yet?
Looks like 59% if you round up.

491 people passed of 838 takers, not counting the lawyer's bar.

nthp

New

Post by nthp » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:41 am

This forum was so helpful to me during Bar prep and waiting for results, that I would like to pay it forward.

The biggest help for me was being surrounded by loved ones and kind friends during bar preparation. It was helpful to me to be around positive energy and people who believed in my abilities when I was having so much self-doubt. I would highly recommend seeking out those willing to listen to your ups and downs during Bar preparation. If you don't have this, I would be more than willing to be your cheerleader, as I believe half of the battle of passing is your situation in life at the moment you are taking the Bar.

For those with access to Barbri videos, I do know from the forum that they did not seem to be very popular, and people mostly skipped them or watched them on a faster speed. I watched them all and found them to be informative. If you skip around on the videos, I would highly recommend that you at least watch the video regarding what they are looking for on Maryland essays. Albeit it is common sense, they actually take you step by step through what they look for in an essay answer, and much more importantly, what not to do in an answer. The graders are sticklers on a lot of things. The video shows up in the last half of the course.

And finally, I found Adaptibar to be extremely helpful. If you learn by finding patterns, then this is the product for you. Doing problems and then reviewing the right answer and writing them down was helpful for me. I also know that people didn't like the poor explanations that Adaptibar gave for answers. I actually thought it was helpful not to explain every wrong choice, because it forced you to kind of do math and figure out the rest of the equation by just having the right answer explanation.

If you have any questions, let me know!

purplelaw887

New

Post by purplelaw887 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:25 am

I passed! This forum really helped! Congrats to everyone who passed. For those who were not successful it is not the end of the world trust me! You got this just find out where you went wrong and you will kill the bar in Feb!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”