Virginia Bar Exam - Anyone use Lexbar? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ScurryRay

New

Virginia Bar Exam - Anyone use Lexbar?

Post by ScurryRay » Mon May 07, 2018 11:07 am

Anyone ever use Lexbar (www.virginiabarexamtutor.com) to prep for the Virginia bar exam? Any thoughts on whether it is worth the $400?

ScooterGa

New

Re: Virginia Bar Exam - Anyone use Lexbar?

Post by ScooterGa » Tue May 08, 2018 5:08 am

I did use for February 2018 and passed. It focuses solely on essays abd is to be done at the end of a regular bar prep course. I self studied and used it about 3 weeks before the bar. The guy who runs it does a “pre test” of a few Virginia multiple choice questions then gives you an essay and model answer. He also has about a 10 to 15 minute video talking about the essay and the Virginia law that goes with it.

The biggest help out of it is he is a practicing Virginia attorney and gives better explanations than some Barbri lecturers do. Some Of the essays that he does give you are pulled off of the Internet and already have model answers written for them. But what he does differently is he writes them as if a student wrote it before the bar short into the point. Because if you look at some of the model answers that are on the Internet they have a great deal of detail and citations that you will not see on a majority of students essays. Some of the essays that he does give you are pulled off the Internet and already have model answers written for them. But what he does different way is he writes them as if a student wrote it taking the bar; short and to the point, which is what the bar wants. Because if you look at some of the model answers that are on the Internet they have a great deal of detail and citations that you will not see on a majority of students essays.

I think that it did help me to solidify parts of Virginia law that are regularly tested. And he also personally grades three of the essays, but you can ask him for help or pointers after you have done the others. I wrote essays each one even if he said to just outline it. He is also very quick to answer your email questions.

shwng

New

Post by shwng » Thu May 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Lexbar helped me a lot. I used a mix of barbri's essay book, Emmauels, VEE Flashcards (new product on the market, I had an advanced set before they went on sale), Critical Pass Flashcards and Lexbar. I wish I had taken Lexbar the first time as it really helped key me in on how to issue spot and better identify the subjects being tested in an essay question. If you need help on the essay portion, Lexbar is a really good resource.

VirginiaBarExamTutor

New

Post by VirginiaBarExamTutor » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am

Glad to hear it helped you too, shwng! And thanks for the update on those VA flashcards. I had not heard of them before.

Patriot1776

New

Post by Patriot1776 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:11 pm

(bump)

Wondering what people are using today for the essays. Hoping to find a resource that includes a concise set of commonly tested rule statements and minimal fluff.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”