2018 July California Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Nightcrawler

Bronze

Re: 2018 July California Bar

Post by Nightcrawler » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:06 am

Anyone who got sworn in knows how long it takes until you appear in the “attorney search” section of the Calbar website?

diatribe

New

Post by diatribe » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:15 am

Nightcrawler wrote:Anyone who got sworn in knows how long it takes until you appear in the “attorney search” section of the Calbar website?
Was sworn in on 12/3 and sent oath card around 4:30pm same day. 12/6 by 8:30am my name was live on the attorney search

Porkypots

Bronze

Post by Porkypots » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:56 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post but... I’m a 3l in CA and I am currently registered to take community property in the spring... but now I’m wavering because I want to take a more flexible Schedule. Is it necessary to take a community property class for bar prep? Will I have to learn too much during bar prep time?

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:56 am

Porkypots wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to post but... I’m a 3l in CA and I am currently registered to take community property in the spring... but now I’m wavering because I want to take a more flexible Schedule. Is it necessary to take a community property class for bar prep? Will I have to learn too much during bar prep time?
For some, it's a pretty simple subject. For me, I wish I'd taken it in law school because it was my worst subject. Just didn't make the most sense to me. But I still managed, so it's not necessary. What kind of flexibility are you looking for?

Porkypots

Bronze

Post by Porkypots » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:24 am

a male human wrote:
Porkypots wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to post but... I’m a 3l in CA and I am currently registered to take community property in the spring... but now I’m wavering because I want to take a more flexible Schedule. Is it necessary to take a community property class for bar prep? Will I have to learn too much during bar prep time?
For some, it's a pretty simple subject. For me, I wish I'd taken it in law school because it was my worst subject. Just didn't make the most sense to me. But I still managed, so it's not necessary. What kind of flexibility are you looking for?
thanks for your response. Ive been in school for four years, so I am simply exhausted at this point and wanted to have only one final. I have four classes but only two finals. I know it sounds like laziness but its not.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

longwait

New

Post by longwait » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:02 am

Your bar review course will teach you everything you need to know about community property for an essay on the bar.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:04 pm

longwait wrote:Your bar review course will teach you everything you need to know about community property for an essay on the bar.
I agree, I took community property and it was a waste of time, IMHO.

Porkypots

Bronze

Post by Porkypots » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:53 pm

great! thanks everyone for your responses :)

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:17 pm

To those of us who passed and are still subscribed to this thread: do we have to resubmit fingerprints again for the new requirement that all attorneys submit by April 2019, or were our 2018 fingerprints sufficient?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jptx

New

Post by jptx » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 am

Auxilio wrote:To those of us who passed and are still subscribed to this thread: do we have to resubmit fingerprints again for the new requirement that all attorneys submit by April 2019, or were our 2018 fingerprints sufficient?
The status of your fingerprinting requirements is on your state bar profile. I did it again.

abogado2018

New

Post by abogado2018 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:23 am

I called the state bar and they said I didn't have to do it again. I was fingerprinted last year during 3L.
jptx wrote:
Auxilio wrote:To those of us who passed and are still subscribed to this thread: do we have to resubmit fingerprints again for the new requirement that all attorneys submit by April 2019, or were our 2018 fingerprints sufficient?
The status of your fingerprinting requirements is on your state bar profile. I did it again.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”