NY Third Department Admissions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:48 pm

I was scheduled for the April swearing in ceremony and I received an email from the 3rd department last week letting me know I would be receiving an invite to the May 15th remote swearing in ceremony. Woo!

Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:04 pm

I received an email saying I "may" be invited to the June virtual swearing in ceremony. For the folks that received this same email for the May ceremony, have you received an official invitation yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received an email saying I "may" be invited to the June virtual swearing in ceremony. For the folks that received this same email for the May ceremony, have you received an official invitation yet?
No official invite yet. Just the first email that said I "will be invited" to the May ceremony. I'm thinking they are planning a Zoom invite and will send it out week of or something.

Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received an email saying I "may" be invited to the June virtual swearing in ceremony. For the folks that received this same email for the May ceremony, have you received an official invitation yet?
N
o official invite yet. Just the first email that said I "will be invited" to the May ceremony. I'm thinking they are planning a Zoom invite and will send it out week of or something.
When did you submit your completed application? I submitted in February and I only received an email stating the earliest ceremony I "may be" invited to would be May 15, but I haven't received any official notification that I am actually invited to this date. Did you receive this notification?

KPocius

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by KPocius » Tue May 05, 2020 9:33 am

Also received an email that I might be invited for a virtual session in May, but have not received any further follow-up. Hopefully it will come in some time this week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 05, 2020 11:40 am

Hello! Have any of you received an information from the Third Department in the last few days saying that the application is completed? Was there any information about the oath?

justkiddingunless

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by justkiddingunless » Tue May 05, 2020 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello! Have any of you received an information from the Third Department in the last few days saying that the application is completed? Was there any information about the oath?
I've only received an e-mail stating they're working on apps from late jan/early february. That was a week or so ago.

Haven't heard a peep since. Submitted complete app first week of March. Starting to feel like i won't be sworn in until September. :?

User avatar
uclapookie09

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:54 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by uclapookie09 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:49 pm

KPocius wrote:Also received an email that I might be invited for a virtual session in May, but have not received any further follow-up. Hopefully it will come in some time this week.

Just curious, when did you complete and submit your application?

KPocius

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by KPocius » Tue May 05, 2020 6:18 pm

uclapookie09 wrote:
KPocius wrote:Also received an email that I might be invited for a virtual session in May, but have not received any further follow-up. Hopefully it will come in some time this week.

Just curious, when did you complete and submit your application?
Hi! Got a confirmation that my file was complete late Jan and was originally scheduled to have my ceremony in April :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 05, 2020 6:54 pm

KPocius wrote:
uclapookie09 wrote:
KPocius wrote:Also received an email that I might be invited for a virtual session in May, but have not received any further follow-up. Hopefully it will come in some time this week.

Just curious, when did you complete and submit your application?
Hi! Got a confirmation that my file was complete late Jan and was originally scheduled to have my ceremony in April :(
Ah! I didn’t submit until February and got the completion email in March for a June ceremony. But I did get the email saying I “may be” invited to the May ceremony. I wish they would just confirm it already!

justkiddingunless

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by justkiddingunless » Fri May 08, 2020 10:43 am

For those who applied in late Feb/Early March, have you heard anything from the 3rd?

Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 pm

Did folks get a formal invite to the May 15 virtual swearing in yet? I still haven't received anything.

KPocius

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by KPocius » Mon May 11, 2020 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 pm
Did folks get a formal invite to the May 15 virtual swearing in yet? I still haven't received anything.
I got an email last Friday asking me to confirm my address, which I found a bit strange.

It also had the following: "You may expect an update regarding the admission ceremony in the near future"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 pm
Did folks get a formal invite to the May 15 virtual swearing in yet? I still haven't received anything.
Today I received the email with the official invite for the May 15 ceremony.

justkiddingunless

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by justkiddingunless » Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 pm
Did folks get a formal invite to the May 15 virtual swearing in yet? I still haven't received anything.
Today I received the email with the official invite for the May 15 ceremony.
When did you submit your completed app? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 12, 2020 2:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 pm
Did folks get a formal invite to the May 15 virtual swearing in yet? I still haven't received anything.
Today I received the email with the official invite for the May 15 ceremony.
Glad to hear that! Has anyone else received an official invite for the May 15?

It seems that I missed the cut, or do you think that they are sending it out on a rolling basis?

Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 12, 2020 9:09 am

I also received an official invite to the May 15 ceremony yesterday. I got the address verification email last week too.

I was scheduled for the April ceremony and have already had an in-person interview in Albany.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 12, 2020 9:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:09 am
I also received an official invite to the May 15 ceremony yesterday. I got the address verification email last week too.

I was scheduled for the April ceremony and have already had an in-person interview in Albany.
Many thanks, it seems that I will be stuck in the purgatory a little bit more. :(

User avatar
uclapookie09

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:54 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by uclapookie09 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:16 am

justkiddingunless wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 pm
Did folks get a formal invite to the May 15 virtual swearing in yet? I still haven't received anything.
Today I received the email with the official invite for the May 15 ceremony.
When did you submit your completed app? Thanks.
I submitted my app the first week of February. Admission via motion. I did email the Third Dept that I had an urgent need for admission, given that I moved here from California for a job. Not sure if that made it faster.

Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 12, 2020 12:34 pm

I received an email a couple of weeks ago saying I "may" be invited to the June virtual swearing in ceremony. I also emailed with my circumstance for expedited admission but received no response. Did anyone who received a similar email for the May ceremony not get an official invite? I'm trying to figure out if I should count on being admitted in June.

edcrycry

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 3:37 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by edcrycry » Wed May 13, 2020 3:53 am

I submitted my application early Feb, was asked to supplement my application on 30 April, resubmitted the information on the same day, and received the following email on the same day.

The email does not mention any potential dates of swearing-in. Since then, I have not heard from them. Did anyone receive this same email?

Receipt of your email is acknowledged and your responses have been added to your file.

Please be advised that your application has been reviewed by our office and deemed complete. There is nothing further required at this time.

Due to current circumstances, we are unable to provide further information at this time, however you may expect an update regarding the next step in the process in the near future. We are doing our best under the circumstances and will provide additional information as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you,

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 348883
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 am

It sounds like you have just officially "completed" your application. They will likely start reviewing it soon and, if all goes well, they will schedule you for a remote swearing in down the road.
edcrycry wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:53 am
I submitted my application early Feb, was asked to supplement my application on 30 April, resubmitted the information on the same day, and received the following email on the same day.

The email does not mention any potential dates of swearing-in. Since then, I have not heard from them. Did anyone receive this same email?

Receipt of your email is acknowledged and your responses have been added to your file.

Please be advised that your application has been reviewed by our office and deemed complete. There is nothing further required at this time.

Due to current circumstances, we are unable to provide further information at this time, however you may expect an update regarding the next step in the process in the near future. We are doing our best under the circumstances and will provide additional information as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you,

justkiddingunless

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by justkiddingunless » Wed May 13, 2020 11:46 am

edcrycry wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:53 am
I submitted my application early Feb, was asked to supplement my application on 30 April, resubmitted the information on the same day, and received the following email on the same day.

The email does not mention any potential dates of swearing-in. Since then, I have not heard from them. Did anyone receive this same email?

Receipt of your email is acknowledged and your responses have been added to your file.

Please be advised that your application has been reviewed by our office and deemed complete. There is nothing further required at this time.

Due to current circumstances, we are unable to provide further information at this time, however you may expect an update regarding the next step in the process in the near future. We are doing our best under the circumstances and will provide additional information as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you,
congrats on the complete app!

What did they ask you to supplement if you don't mind me asking?

edcrycry

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 3:37 am

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by edcrycry » Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 am

Two supplements:

1. Clarification of the timeline of my employment (which does not require any additional document) with a simple confirmation via email

2. The law school certificate for my legal practice course (LPC) in the UK for which I did not consider as a "law school" in the first place. Fortunately, the education provider was quick to respond.

And I guess I will share more information here for everyone. This is in the first email from NY Bar requesting my supplement:

"Due to the current unique circumstances, we are currently accepting emailed versions of completed form law school certificates, provided they are emailed directly to our office from the law school. "

Note that my education provider was unable to stamp the form law school certificate with the official seal of school as everyone is working remotely at home due to COVID. I forwarded the email chain with the education provider which explains this and the NY Bar accepted my version without an official seal from the school.

Hope the above helps.

justkiddingunless

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by justkiddingunless » Thu May 14, 2020 12:00 pm

edcrycry wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 am
Two supplements:

1. Clarification of the timeline of my employment (which does not require any additional document) with a simple confirmation via email

2. The law school certificate for my legal practice course (LPC) in the UK for which I did not consider as a "law school" in the first place. Fortunately, the education provider was quick to respond.

And I guess I will share more information here for everyone. This is in the first email from NY Bar requesting my supplement:

"Due to the current unique circumstances, we are currently accepting emailed versions of completed form law school certificates, provided they are emailed directly to our office from the law school. "

Note that my education provider was unable to stamp the form law school certificate with the official seal of school as everyone is working remotely at home due to COVID. I forwarded the email chain with the education provider which explains this and the NY Bar accepted my version without an official seal from the school.

Hope the above helps.
Very helpful thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”