NY Third Department Admissions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:54 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:56 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:25 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:07 pm
Given that we are exactly one week away, did anyone of those who was tentatively scheduled for 8 December remote ceremony actually received a final invitation email?
I'm the Anon above who asked the same question. I received my formal invitation a few days ago (I had some supplemental information but C&F approved me without an interview).

Good luck, hopefully you received yours yesterday? Or otherwise maybe they'll send soon.
When did you send your application and then receive the email that says your application was completed? I’d appreciated it if you can share your timeline.
I don't really have the time to dig into my emails and find the exact timestamps, but in a general sense, I sent my initial application around mid July. About two months later they asked for some supplemental information, which I responded to after about one day, and they then responded about a week later with the tentative invitation to the December ceremony. I didn't hear anything after that until about a week ago when they confirmed my place.
Thank you so much for your response. I am still waiting for the final invitation so I wanted to compare your dates with mine. I sent my initial application in September and got the completed email in November. Hopefully, I will receive the final invitation to the December ceremony soon :/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:54 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:56 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:25 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:07 pm
Given that we are exactly one week away, did anyone of those who was tentatively scheduled for 8 December remote ceremony actually received a final invitation email?
I'm the Anon above who asked the same question. I received my formal invitation a few days ago (I had some supplemental information but C&F approved me without an interview).

Good luck, hopefully you received yours yesterday? Or otherwise maybe they'll send soon.
When did you send your application and then receive the email that says your application was completed? I’d appreciated it if you can share your timeline.
I don't really have the time to dig into my emails and find the exact timestamps, but in a general sense, I sent my initial application around mid July. About two months later they asked for some supplemental information, which I responded to after about one day, and they then responded about a week later with the tentative invitation to the December ceremony. I didn't hear anything after that until about a week ago when they confirmed my place.
Thank you so much for your response. I am still waiting for the final invitation so I wanted to compare your dates with mine. I sent my initial application in September and got the completed email in November. Hopefully, I will receive the final invitation to the December ceremony soon :/
Yes, good luck! Hope you get it, but if not, I'm sure the next one will include you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:31 am

A bit of a strange-ish question, but can anybody describe the online ceremony? I am asking specifically because my family wants to use the link to view the ceremony later today, is this ok? Also about how long does it run?

Thanks!

EDIT - To answer my own question, it's a youtube stream so no need to dress up and can send around the link to whomever you like.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:28 am

A rather technical query, once we receive an email confirming admission, how long it takes for our names to appear online in the attorney directory? My employer needs to check that I am indeed admitted and mere email from the 3rd Department does not seem to suffice and it will take another week or two for the 3rd Department to process and send out my certificate of good standing request.

UPD: To answer my own question, in my case it took one-two business days

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:10 am

Has anyone received an invite for the February 24th ceremony yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:10 am
Has anyone received an invite for the February 24th ceremony yet?
Nope, still waiting.

Update: received the invite today!

mszczepansky

New

Post by mszczepansky » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:46 am

Hi All,

Could anyone please let me know regarding the current timeline? They confirmed the receipt of my application in mid-October and I have not heard from them since then.

Are there any updates on how the swearing-in ceremony will look like in 2022, and when it will take place?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:28 pm

Here's a decent thread on that topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/barexam/commen ... read_here/

mszczepansky

New

Post by mszczepansky » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:14 am

Hi All,

Some update and timeline from me:

- I submitted my papers in October 2021, and on October 25, 2021, received the confirmation that my application has been received by the office;
- on December 7, 2021, the office sent me an email and requested for some additional information that I provided on the same day;
- on December 9, 2021, I was informated that all my papers are complete, and that they will be referred to a member of C&F Committee.

I hope that helps!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

insurmountainable

New

Post by insurmountainable » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:06 am

Has anyone received an invite link for the Jan 13 ceremony yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:27 pm

I am trying to get some clarity on the Distance Education component credit amount. So my law school kept us virtual from middle of Spring 2020 until graduation Spring 2021 because of Covid. I did not take any Distance Education credits prior to that. Should I make that I did or did not take any Distance Education credits? Also, if so, then it would have been all of the classes from Spring 2L through the end of law school.

I know they did some waivers but I was not sure if how I should mark that. Thank you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”