NY Third Department Admissions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cls1650

New

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by cls1650 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Has anyone done the virtual swearing in ceremony in AD3? Do you just watch the YouTube video at the appropriate time and then affirm that you attended and recited the oath?

Jcanqueen12

New

Post by Jcanqueen12 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:01 am

I just received the invite for the June 25 ceremony. Application was submitted in early February

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 am

TO2NYlaw wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:33 pm
I’m wondering if/when to check in regarding my application for admission. I submitted a fairly straight forward application (in the sense that I answered no to any yes or no answer that entailed an explanation and am a lawyer in good standing in another jurisdiction) in mid-April. I didn’t know about the completion email you receive until I came across this thread and am not familiar with what kind of timing was the norm pre-covid. I’m wondering when would be a reasonable time to follow-up just to make sure there are no issues. I was thinking late June?

Thanks to everyone who responded to this question earlier. I didn’t end up following up (was waiting until July) but received the completion email earlier this week :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:43 am

I received a letter asking for an explanation, which I immediately responded to. Have any of you had any experience with this and how long before you received additional information regarding your application from the 3rd department?

hp2348

New

Post by hp2348 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:14 am

Hello everyone! Who all are getting sworn in today?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

onionhead

New

Post by onionhead » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:24 am

me! i hope the ceremony wont take long.

anavlopez

New

Post by anavlopez » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:40 am

I received a message that my application was under review and I'd be hearing from them in the near future, does anyone know what "near future means"? Also, do swearing in happen in between ceremonies or will I have to wait until the next one?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:44 pm

anavlopez wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:40 am
I received a message that my application was under review and I'd be hearing from them in the near future, does anyone know what "near future means"? Also, do swearing in happen in between ceremonies or will I have to wait until the next one?
For now you will likely have to wait until the next one. They did announce a while ago that they will consider adding additional virtual ceremonies in the interim, but they have not made any new announcements since.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:44 pm
anavlopez wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:40 am
For now you will likely have to wait until the next one. They did announce a while ago that they will consider adding additional virtual ceremonies in the interim, but they have not made any new announcements since.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I feel like I've been waiting forever, I mean like I graduated a year ago! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm just not the most patient person on the planet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Hello all. Anyone else who hasn't heard back after submitting the affidavit? Last step towards getting admitted, I guess I am running out of patience :P

TO2NYlaw

New

Post by TO2NYlaw » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:57 pm

What affidavit are you referring to? I got an email a few weeks ago saying my app was complete, they may or may not do C&F and that the only thing left to do was register online and pay the $375 to get my attorney number. Now I’m afraid I’ve missed something 😬.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:59 am

TO2NYlaw wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:57 pm
What affidavit are you referring to? I got an email a few weeks ago saying my app was complete, they may or may not do C&F and that the only thing left to do was register online and pay the $375 to get my attorney number. Now I’m afraid I’ve missed something 😬.
I think she refers to the affidavit one has to submit after taking part in a virtual oath ceremony, so not to worry. On June 25th they held the largest ceremony to date, with over a thousand new attorneys. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes some time for the office of attorney admissions to review and file the affidavits. When did you submit your application?

Lse_146

New

Post by Lse_146 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 am

Same here. They requested a few extra documents that were needed to complete my application, I sent those ASAP and they confirmed a few weeks ago that it was complete and they were going to check whether a C&F was needed or not. Haven’t heard anything since then... do we have to pay the registration fee at this stage or is it better to wait until they confirm our ceremony date?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:59 am
TO2NYlaw wrote:
I think she refers to the affidavit one has to submit after taking part in a virtual oath ceremony, so not to worry. On June 25th they held the largest ceremony to date, with over a thousand new attorneys. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes some time for the office of attorney admissions to review and file the affidavits. When did you submit your application?
Great - thank you for your response!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:38 am

Lse_146 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 am
Same here. They requested a few extra documents that were needed to complete my application, I sent those ASAP and they confirmed a few weeks ago that it was complete and they were going to check whether a C&F was needed or not. Haven’t heard anything since then... do we have to pay the registration fee at this stage or is it better to wait until they confirm our ceremony date?
I had to provide the board with an update to my app, so I paid mine and then emailed them the number I was assigned (after payment) as well as the update. I figured that way they would know I’ve completed all the steps. I don’t know if it’s necessary, but they mentioned I pay be invited to an admission ceremony next month in my completion email, so I figured I’d just pay and give them the info and maybe that would help in securing a spot in the admission ceremony next month.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:59 am
TO2NYlaw wrote:
Amazing - thank you for your response!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 am

TO2NYlaw wrote:
Oh sorry, my bad. By affidavit I meant the Attorney Admission Verification Statement which is to be sent after the virtual ceremony. I guess they take some time to process it and then after that the admission becomes effective.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cls1650

New

Post by cls1650 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 am
TO2NYlaw wrote:
Oh sorry, my bad. By affidavit I meant the Attorney Admission Verification Statement which is to be sent after the virtual ceremony. I guess they take some time to process it and then after that the admission becomes effective.
I mailed mine in June 25 and my registration was effective June 30.

justkiddingunless

New

Post by justkiddingunless » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:28 pm

My application was deemed complete last month but I I've not heard since... Has anyone heard about a July ceremony?

peterlong

New

Post by peterlong » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:42 pm

justkiddingunless wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:28 pm
My application was deemed complete last month but I I've not heard since... Has anyone heard about a July ceremony?
In my email they said “the earliest available Ceremony you may be invited to participate in will be at noon on Thursday, July 23, 2020.” But the calendar on their website has not been updated.

edcrycry

New

Post by edcrycry » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 am

I also received an email stating "If an interview is not required, depending upon availability, we will attempt to schedule you for the earliest available remote ceremony. At this time, the earliest available Ceremony you may be invited to participate in will be at noon on Thursday, July 23, 2020"

However, I have not heard back until now, which is only two weeks before the date. I wonder if anyone receives a confirmation?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cls1650

New

Post by cls1650 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:01 pm

edcrycry wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 am
I also received an email stating "If an interview is not required, depending upon availability, we will attempt to schedule you for the earliest available remote ceremony. At this time, the earliest available Ceremony you may be invited to participate in will be at noon on Thursday, July 23, 2020"

However, I have not heard back until now, which is only two weeks before the date. I wonder if anyone receives a confirmation?
I got a confirmation email 9 days before the ceremony.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:51 am

I also received an e-mail yesterday stating the application is complete with the below message. Sent my application on May 19.

“At this time, the earliest available Ceremony you may be invited to participate in will be at noon on Friday, August 21, 2020. As soon as possible, we will invite you to participate in a remote ceremony. Please be advised that you may not receive an invitation for a remote ceremony until one week before the ceremony is scheduled to take place.”

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:51 am
I also received an e-mail yesterday stating the application is complete with the below message. Sent my application on May 19.

“At this time, the earliest available Ceremony you may be invited to participate in will be at noon on Friday, August 21, 2020. As soon as possible, we will invite you to participate in a remote ceremony. Please be advised that you may not receive an invitation for a remote ceremony until one week before the ceremony is scheduled to take place.”
Thank you for sharing! I submitted my application the first week of May, and received confirmation of receipt, but I have not heard back yet whether the application is complete. Did you apply on exam or motion? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:52 am

I completed my application a month ago, When do we know whether or not an interview will be required?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”