NY Third Department Admissions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
TO2NYlaw

New

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Post by TO2NYlaw » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 am

Can anyone shed some light on what exactly the affidavit you have to submit after the virtual ceremony entails? I’m mainly wondering if it needs to be notarized, requires a witness or another person in any way? If so I’d like to try and make some arrangements ahead of time since I’m on my own. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:38 pm

TO2NYlaw wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 am
Can anyone shed some light on what exactly the affidavit you have to submit after the virtual ceremony entails? I’m mainly wondering if it needs to be notarized, requires a witness or another person in any way? If so I’d like to try and make some arrangements ahead of time since I’m on my own. Thanks!
It just requires your signature. No notary or witnesses.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:38 pm
TO2NYlaw wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 am
It just requires your signature. No notary or witnesses.
Amazing - thank you!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:26 am

Anyone received an invitation for the August 21st virtual ceremony? If yes when you received an email confirming our complete application?

Nikaf

New

Post by Nikaf » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:38 am
Lse_146 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 am
Same here. They requested a few extra documents that were needed to complete my application, I sent those ASAP and they confirmed a few weeks ago that it was complete and they were going to check whether a C&F was needed or not. Haven’t heard anything since then... do we have to pay the registration fee at this stage or is it better to wait until they confirm our ceremony date?
I had to provide the board with an update to my app, so I paid mine and then emailed them the number I was assigned (after payment) as well as the update. I figured that way they would know I’ve completed all the steps. I don’t know if it’s necessary, but they mentioned I pay be invited to an admission ceremony next month in my completion email, so I figured I’d just pay and give them the info and maybe that would help in securing a spot in the admission ceremony next month.
I have similar situation. I just paid the registration fees. Did you receive an invitation for the August 21st ceremony?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 am

FYI - I receive the invitation email for the July online ceremony exactly 1 week before.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Nikaf wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:40 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Lse_146 wrote:
Same here. They requested a few extra documents that were needed to complete my application, I sent those ASAP and they confirmed a few weeks ago that it was complete and they were going to check whether a C&F was needed or not. Haven’t heard anything since then... do we have to pay the registration fee at this stage or is it better to wait until they confirm our ceremony date?
I had to provide the board with an update to my app, so I paid mine and then emailed them the number I was assigned (after payment) as well as the update. I figured that way they would know I’ve completed all the steps. I don’t know if it’s necessary, but they mentioned I pay be invited to an admission ceremony next month in my completion email, so I figured I’d just pay and give them the info and maybe that would help in securing a spot in the admission ceremony next month.
I have similar situation. I just paid the registration fees. Did you receive an invitation for the August 21st ceremony?
Not yet. I was told in the completion email that I may be invited to the August 21 ceremony and to advise them within a certain number of days if I couldn’t attend on that day. After that, I paid the fee and addressed the update to the application I had to send in (And mentioned that I paid the fee in that email). They acknowledged receiving that email, but haven’t heard anything since.

It sounds like a lot of the invitations to the ceremonies go out much closer to the date. That combined with the fact that they asked me to inform them if I couldn’t attend that one makes me feel relatively confident that I’ll get the invite closer to the day.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:48 pm
Nikaf wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lse_146 wrote:
Not yet. I was told in the completion email that I may be invited to the August 21 ceremony and to advise them within a certain number of days if I couldn’t attend on that day. After that, I paid the fee and addressed the update to the application I had to send in (And mentioned that I paid the fee in that email). They acknowledged receiving that email, but haven’t heard anything since.

It sounds like a lot of the invitations to the ceremonies go out much closer to the date. That combined with the fact that they asked me to inform them if I couldn’t attend that one makes me feel relatively confident that I’ll get the invite closer to the day.
[/q
Do you know when will they inform us whether we are selected for an interview? is it closer to that day? It has been over a month and have heard nothing.

kasap

New

Post by kasap » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:24 pm

I just submitted my digital application through email. Is there anyone else who has submitted a digital application. Do digital applications take any shorter to get concluded? I am wondering that how long may it take. Thanks in advance.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pika-pika

New

Post by pika-pika » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:33 pm

Could you guys share your data points — application submitted / receipt acknowledged / application complete / interview appointment / swear-in schedule etc. Thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:27 am

application submitted: March 10 (By postal mail)
receipt acknowledged: March 12
application complete: April 29 and June 9
interview appointment: No ("If you have not already had a personal interview, it has been determined that an interview is not warranted.")
oath invitation e-mail received: July 14
swear-in schedule: July 23 (online)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:27 am
interview appointment: No ("If you have not already had a personal interview, it has been determined that an interview is not warranted.")
Would you please let us know when did you receive this email:
"If you have not already had a personal interview, it has been determined that an interview is not warranted."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:27 am
When did you receive this email?("If you have not already had a personal interview, it has been determined that an interview is not warranted.")

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:13 pm
When did you receive this email?("If you have not already had a personal interview, it has been determined that an interview is not warranted.")
On July 14 (= oath ceremony invitation email).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:13 pm
On July 14 (= oath ceremony invitation email).
Do you know of anyone who was invited for an interview instead of the virtual ceremony? if Yes, when would they inform the applicants if they are selected for interviews?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Nikaf wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lse_146 wrote:

1- I know few people who were not able to pay their registration fee. Do you have an idea why?
2- Do you know anyone who was invited for an interview and not to the virtual ceremony?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Has anybody received any recent updates from the third department? I submitted my application three months ago (first week of May) but I have not received an update yet, besides the email confirming the application had been received. I emailed the attorney admissions office to update the office address I had provided in y application (we have moved offices), and I tried to inquire if they had any update regarding processing times. They just replied that I will be notified via email once my application has been reviewed. Does anyone else have news? Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:59 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Nikaf wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lse_146 wrote:

[/q
Do you know when will they inform us whether we are selected for an interview? is it closer to that day? It has been over a month and have heard nothing.
Hi, have you received an invitation for August 21st ceremony yet?

ukhalid24

New

Post by ukhalid24 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 pm

Hey everyone, my application was complete July 17th, told that I may be invited for Aug 21st ceremony. Nothing has come in since. Anybody else get an invite to Aug 21st ceremony yet or be told about Aug 21st ceremony and then receive an invitation to interview?

pika-pika

New

Post by pika-pika » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:34 pm

ukhalid24 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 pm
Hey everyone, my application was complete July 17th, told that I may be invited for Aug 21st ceremony. Nothing has come in since. Anybody else get an invite to Aug 21st ceremony yet or be told about Aug 21st ceremony and then receive an invitation to interview?
Could you please share your timeline?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:52 pm

pika-pika wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:34 pm
ukhalid24 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 pm
Could you please share your timeline?

Applied March 7th
Asked for additional documents June 10th
Provided about a week later on June 17th
Went complete July 17th and informed about being potentially invited to the August 21st virtual swearing in

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:25 pm

Nikaf wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lse_146 wrote:

Any updates on your application?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:25 pm
Nikaf wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lse_146 wrote:

No, have you received any updates?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:19 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:25 pm
Nikaf wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lse_146 wrote:

No, have you received any updates?
Nothing as of yet. I was supposed to be invited for Aug 21 if all went well but still waiting...

TO2NYlaw

New

Post by TO2NYlaw » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 pm

Has anyone received an invite to the Aug 21 ceremony?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”