SECOND DEPARTMENT ADMISSION CHARACTER AND FITNESS Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lilmissa5591

New

Re: SECOND DEPARTMENT ADMISSION CHARACTER AND FITNESS

Post by lilmissa5591 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:18 am

Elleonleo wrote:Does anyone know when the November swearing in date might be? Or when that will become available? Trying to plan a few things around it. Thank you!
I received a swear in date for Nov. 13th, yesterday. Also, I'm in need of an extra ticket if anyone is being admitted that day and doesn't need it! Thanks!

Miscuser

New

Post by Miscuser » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:16 am

A. Took July Bar
B. Results October 23rd
C. Submitted October 24th
D. Notified next day of error in application. Fixed same day.
E. Notified via email November 20th of interview on November 25th.
F. Results and swear in TBD.

Tips: have your application ready to go before bar results come out and hand deliver your application.

yankees12345!

New

Post by yankees12345! » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:37 pm

How long does one have to apply for character and fitness after passing the New York bar? Seems like most people do it in November after the July bar.

Wondering if I could wait until January (I’m already barred elsewhere).

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:21 pm

yankees12345! wrote:How long does one have to apply for character and fitness after passing the New York bar? Seems like most people do it in November after the July bar.

Wondering if I could wait until January (I’m already barred elsewhere).
IIRC, you have up to 3 years from the date you sat for the UBE to submit a complete application before your UBE score expires. (Note, your MPRE and NYLE scores also expire. MPRE scores last 4 years, and I forget how long NYLE scores last.)

Obviously, don't procrastinate. Applying in November/December/January after passing the July bar is typical. Many take even longer to finish getting all the required affirmations. I'd say applying the day after results come out is relatively uncommon (though obviously, good for Miscuser for being so on top of things).

S2C

New

Post by S2C » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:46 am

Has anyone that recently submitted their application been contacted for an interview yet? I submitted my application about 3 weeks ago and haven't been contacted yet. I'm assuming things are slow because of the holidays?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Post by cbbinnyc » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:25 pm

S2C wrote:Has anyone that recently submitted their application been contacted for an interview yet? I submitted my application about 3 weeks ago and haven't been contacted yet. I'm assuming things are slow because of the holidays?
I submitted materials in person on Dec 23, haven't heard anything. Only about a week and a half ago, so not as surprising, but still good to know I'm not the only one ... assume your guess that the holidays slowed things down is probably right.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:44 pm

S2C wrote:Has anyone that recently submitted their application been contacted for an interview yet? I submitted my application about 3 weeks ago and haven't been contacted yet. I'm assuming things are slow because of the holidays?
Submitted November 11 in person. Complete silence until I heard from my interviewer on December 20 that she would reach out on Jan 6th (after her holiday vacation) to schedule my interview for mid-January. Sit back, it'll be a little while. I wouldn't worry after only 3 weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Has anyone who submitted their application in December been interviewed or sworn in yet? I submitted my application in mid-December and it's been radio silence since. My employer is getting annoyed that I'm not admitted yet, and I'm starting to worry maybe there's something wrong with my application that they haven't told me about yet (or they lost it or something haha).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 02, 2020 11:35 pm

I just passed Feb 2020, but I’ve already submitted my app, and I’m hoping to hear what others have to say about the 2nd department process in the midst of the pandemic.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nyclawbabyy

New

Post by nyclawbabyy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:51 am

Did you interviewer say right away whether you passed or did you have to wait to hear a couple days after the CF interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:26 pm

nyclawbabyy wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:51 am
Did you interviewer say right away whether you passed or did you have to wait to hear a couple days after the CF interview?
I can't answer your question, but I was wondering whether you had any sense of when you applied? I applied with the Second Department and my application was deemed complete in April (due to covid), but I haven't heard back since so I'm a little concerned.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:26 pm
nyclawbabyy wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:51 am
I can't answer your question, but I was wondering whether you had any sense of when you applied? I applied with the Second Department and my application was deemed complete in April (due to covid), but I haven't heard back since so I'm a little concerned.
Has anyone heard anything? Has anyone been sworn in? I'm starting a new position in a few months and am increasingly concerned I won't be sworn in before. My app was also complete around April.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”