come play with us at [url=top-law-schools.com]TLS[/url][img]http://mylsn.info/replaced_post.png[/img] Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
anyriotgirl

Platinum

if I got the statute of frauds tattooed on my arm would they let me sit for the bar?

Post by anyriotgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:58 pm

the state is NY. we are allowed to wear hoodies, but not with the hood up, so I am not sure which way they fall on this one
Last edited by anyriotgirl on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

thisisxael

New

Re: if I got the statute of frauds tattooed on my arm would they let me sit for the bar?

Post by thisisxael » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:33 pm

ive heard they won't let you be buried in the ABA approved new york bar exam cemetery if you do

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Re: if I got the statute of frauds tattooed on my arm would they let me sit for the bar?

Post by anyriotgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:47 pm

thisisxael wrote:ive heard they won't let you be buried in the ABA approved new york bar exam cemetery if you do
I heard this is just a myth the ABA tells to discourage tattoos and the rule has never actually been enforced
Last edited by anyriotgirl on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
thisisxael wrote:ive heard they won't let you be buried in the ABA approved new york bar exam cemetery if you do
I heard this is just a myth the ABA tells to discourage tattoos and the rule has never actually been enforced
Personally, I just went with tatooing it on my dick, and then I could take a look if I needed to take a piss.

I know, I know. Male privilege.
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:51 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
Personally, I just went with tatooing it on my dick, and then I could take a look if I needed to take a piss.

merkin we know you didn't have enough space to fit the whole thing, stop pretending

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

devilblue

New

Post by devilblue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 pm

A similar situation didn't prevent the state of Illinois from housing Michael Scofield in a prison even though he had tattooed the building blueprint all over his body.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:11 pm

devilblue wrote:A similar situation didn't prevent the state of Illinois from housing Michael Scofield in a prison even though he had tattooed the building blueprint all over his body.
As a die-hard prison break fan - I +1 this and "like it"

thisisxael

New

Post by thisisxael » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:43 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
everyone will think you've abandoned your membership to the ny bar if you get one tho

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:48 pm

thisisxael wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
everyone will think you've abandoned your membership to the ny bar if you get one tho
it's okay I'll still have my non possessory rights

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whats an updog

Bronze

Post by whats an updog » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:the state is NY. we are allowed to wear hoodies, but not with the hood up, so I am not sure which way they fall on this one
You'd be fine so long as the tattoo is in writing.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:33 pm

I thought about getting "fair play" and "substantial justice" on my biceps.

Halp

Bronze

Post by Halp » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:52 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:I thought about getting "fair play" and "substantial justice" on my biceps.
Hardest I've laughed in weeks. :lol:

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:36 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

What if there's not enough room left after Wendy's name?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:42 pm

mjb447 wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

What if there's not enough room left after Wendy's name?
You mean Welcome to Jamaica Have a nice day!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:50 am

I'm pretty sure I need to get a tattoo saying that the Necessary and Proper Clause is not an independent source of Congressional power. I've got M. SOUR and BARRK down so otherwise I should be good tattoo-wise!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 am

Slytherpuff wrote:I'm pretty sure I need to get a tattoo saying that the Necessary and Proper Clause is not an independent source of Congressional power. I've got M. SOUR and BARRK down so otherwise I should be good tattoo-wise!
What about FIAT?

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:23 am

whats an updog wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:the state is NY. we are allowed to wear hoodies, but not with the hood up, so I am not sure which way they fall on this one
You'd be fine so long as the tattoo is in writing.
And signed by the party to be charged!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:54 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

merkin we know you didn't have enough space to fit the whole thing, stop pretending
The five categories of contracts that must be written down in order to satisfy the statute of frauds are:

1) contracts for the sale of an interest in land,
2) contracts for the sale of goods for $500 or more (under the U.C.C.),
3) contracts in consideration of marriage,
4) contracts that cannot be performed within one year of the contract being made and,
5) contracts of suretyship.
That was kind of the joke.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:39 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

The five categories of contracts that must be written down in order to satisfy the statute of frauds are:

1) contracts for the sale of an interest in land,
2) contracts for the sale of goods for $500 or more (under the U.C.C.),
3) contracts in consideration of marriage,
4) contracts that cannot be performed within one year of the contract being made and,
5) contracts of suretyship.
That was kind of the joke.
You forgot contracts as executor of an estate :-P

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:05 pm

THIS MADE ME LOL

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Is there any other way to block peripheral vision? Serious question.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”