CBX w/ Accommodations advice? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ca_bar_throwaway

New

CBX w/ Accommodations advice?

Post by ca_bar_throwaway » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Anyone here taken the CA Bar w/ accommodations? I have double time. Just curious to how I should study differently and whether I should be working on things a little differently?

This is a serious question, i am disabled, and please don't make this a debate re/ fairness of the accommodations please.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Re: CBX w/ Accommodations advice?

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm not in your position but I can weigh in anyway. My only advice is to study in real test conditions, which in your case is going to be the extended time period. You were granted your extra time for a reason and presumably you're going to need it, so just practice with the double time to get your stamina up and simulate real test conditions. Hopefully if nothing else this just means you'll have extra time to check over your multiple choice questions and write really solid essays.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:I'm not in your position but I can weigh in anyway. My only advice is to study in real test conditions, which in your case is going to be the extended time period. You were granted your extra time for a reason and presumably you're going to need it, so just practice with the double time to get your stamina up and simulate real test conditions. Hopefully if nothing else this just means you'll have extra time to check over your multiple choice questions and write really solid essays.
Agreed. Do some essays, pts, and mcqs under real conditions. Print out the essays and pts if you can. I put mine in a folder marked "Test Folder" to give it a "real" feel. You got this.

Get-it-done

New

Post by Get-it-done » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:59 am

ca_bar_throwaway wrote:Anyone here taken the CA Bar w/ accommodations? I have double time. Just curious to how I should study differently and whether I should be working on things a little differently?

This is a serious question, i am disabled, and please don't make this a debate re/ fairness of the accommodations please.
I have been granted accommodations as well, time and a half. What I have done is practice under that timed setting. I also pushed myself through to see how much I can do before I need a break. It's important to know just in case they are willing to work with you to schedule your break.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”