How the !@$% do people memorize all the law necessary for essays? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
nrthwst4now

New

Re: How the !@$% do people memorize all the law necessary for essays?

Post by nrthwst4now » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:49 pm

JoeSeperac wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:So getting 110/175 or 63% is below the mean (which was about a 140 in July 2016). How much do you need to get on the MEE/MPT to pass then in an UBE jurisdiction? From other calculators I've seen floating around, One could get a 50th percentile mean score, and still pass with a 25th and 20th percentile scores on the MPT and MEE.
I don't have a calculator for this yet, To figure it out, just go to NCBE's website and look at the July 2016 statistics:
http://www.ncbex.org/publications/stati ... tatistics/

The Written scaled score percentiles should match the MBE percentiles. So if passing is 270 and you have a 140 MBE, then you need 130 on the Written portion. A 130 in July 2016 reports a percentile of 8.7. Accordingly, add this 8.7 to every prior percentile (just paste it all into excel) to get a total of 28.1. This means if you scored a 130 on the MEE/MPT in July 2016, you did better than 28.1% of UBE examinees nationwide (while your MBE of 140 means you did better than 48.7% of all J16 examinees).
I know this is an old thread, but I am wondering how these stats have held up over the past few administrations?

JacksonEsq1

New

Re: How the !@$% do people memorize all the law necessary for essays?

Post by JacksonEsq1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:44 pm

Bump. Any new info on topic?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”