Quickest lender for a bar loan, still waiting on state results but want to sit for FL Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Quickest lender for a bar loan, still waiting on state results but want to sit for FL

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 pm

It's going to cost me $1250.00 alone to register and I'm not working full time yet (interviewing and looks like I will be soon). I already took out only half of the maximum amount I was allowed for Sallie Mae but there was requirements such as being 12 months out from graduation etc. I didn't expect to fail that second time, let alone waiting on this third result. Can anyone recommend a lender for a small loan (2-4k) just to get through the fees and get on my feet with work. I never took out a personal loan and not sure how bad it impacts credit compared to regular student loans, but not sure what other options there are. Thank you!

maxmartin

Silver

Re: Quickest lender for a bar loan, still waiting on state results but want to sit for FL

Post by maxmartin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:21 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:It's going to cost me $1250.00 alone to register and I'm not working full time yet (interviewing and looks like I will be soon). I already took out only half of the maximum amount I was allowed for Sallie Mae but there was requirements such as being 12 months out from graduation etc. I didn't expect to fail that second time, let alone waiting on this third result. Can anyone recommend a lender for a small loan (2-4k) just to get through the fees and get on my feet with work. I never took out a personal loan and not sure how bad it impacts credit compared to regular student loans, but not sure what other options there are. Thank you!
The quickest and cheapest way is to apply a 0% APR credit card. Chase Slate and many AMEX, CITI or BOA cards offer 0% APR for 12 to 15 months.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Re: Quickest lender for a bar loan, still waiting on state results but want to sit for FL

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:42 pm

maxmartin wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:It's going to cost me $1250.00 alone to register and I'm not working full time yet (interviewing and looks like I will be soon). I already took out only half of the maximum amount I was allowed for Sallie Mae but there was requirements such as being 12 months out from graduation etc. I didn't expect to fail that second time, let alone waiting on this third result. Can anyone recommend a lender for a small loan (2-4k) just to get through the fees and get on my feet with work. I never took out a personal loan and not sure how bad it impacts credit compared to regular student loans, but not sure what other options there are. Thank you!
The quickest and cheapest way is to apply a 0% APR credit card. Chase Slate and many AMEX, CITI or BOA cards offer 0% APR for 12 to 15 months.
I already applied and was granted a Chase Freedom Credit Card and CK tells me to apply for the Blue Cash every day from American Express. I think getting rejected on a credit card hurts more than a loan? Going to call some companies now and see. I can always consolidate with a personal loan too but the rate has to be fixed.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”