Civ Pro questions harder in Adaptibar or actual exam? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
judysmith

New

Civ Pro questions harder in Adaptibar or actual exam?

Post by judysmith » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:17 am

Just curious for any previous exam takers who used Adaptibar if the Civ Pro questions in Adaptibar are on par with the difficulty of the actual exam questions or if they are easier or more difficult?

LMMadison

New

Re: Civ Pro questions harder in Adaptibar or actual exam?

Post by LMMadison » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Gonna bump this. Passed in February (now taking the UBE in second jx in July), but found civ pro (and con, to a lesser extent) to deviate significantly from Barbri. As others have remarked, prep materials had significant SMJ/PJ/Venue focus, where that was a distinct minority on the actual exam.

Did folks find another prep source (e.g., Adaptibar or otherwise) to better prepare them for, or more align with, actual MBE civ pro questions?

9xSound

New

Post by 9xSound » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:57 pm

There are different opinions about Adaptibar's civ pro questions. I thought Adaptibar's problems were sufficiently close to the real thing, and I found them to be very useful in my bar prep. If anything, Adaptibar's civ pro problems were slightly harder than the real thing. For what it's worth, when I passed the bar, people had said that the MBE kicked their butt, but I found it completely manageable — thanks to Adaptibar and how I used it. The other subjects on Adaptibar contain only problems that previously appeared on the MBE. Civ pro is the only one that feels like a crap shoot. Now that the MBE has been testing civ pro for two years, I'd like to think that they'll start releasing a few sample problems to give candidates an idea of the true difficulty. Maybe they already have — I haven't heard one way or the other.

E&H

New

Post by E&H » Mon May 01, 2017 7:25 am

9x..Can you elaborate on how you used Adaptibar?
Thnx!

9xSound

New

Post by 9xSound » Mon May 01, 2017 6:09 pm

E&H wrote:9x..Can you elaborate on how you used Adaptibar?
Thnx!
After every few hundred problems, I printed my wrong answers from that batch of problems. Before doing any new problems, I re-reviewed every missed problem and hand-wrote the relevant issue or rule of law that I had missed in the white space on each page. (Very tedious.) By showtime, I had about 350 of these in a folder. I re-reviewed all of my previous wrong answers every time I added a new batch of wrong answers. The night before the MBE, I was reading some of them for the fifth or sixth time. These problems addressed my weaknesses, the areas where I needed the most focus. By annotating and re-reviewing my wrong answers from Adaptibar over and over, the rules that I needed to study the most were the rules that I had studied the most. Just as importantly, they had context. The benefit of proper context cannot be overstated when you don't understand a rule very well.

E&H

New

Post by E&H » Mon May 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Much thanks :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”