What if a student takes the NY bar in Feb 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
stv

New

What if a student takes the NY bar in Feb 2017

Post by stv » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:37 pm

The UBE in New York starts in July 2017. If a student takes the NY bar in Feb 2017,it will not be retrospectively applied to the UBE, right? It will be only the admission to the NY bar?

ndp1234

Bronze

Re: What if a student takes the NY bar in Feb 2017

Post by ndp1234 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:39 pm

NY has already administered the first UBE exam in July. I know because I took it.

stv

New

Post by stv » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Oh I double checked the website. You are right - it was July 2016, not 2017. Thanks!

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:21 pm

ndp1234 wrote:NY has already administered the first UBE exam in July. I know because I took it.

How did you do? Do you have any tips for Feb peeps? I'm licensed in FL currently.

ndp1234

Bronze

Post by ndp1234 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:02 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
ndp1234 wrote:NY has already administered the first UBE exam in July. I know because I took it.

How did you do? Do you have any tips for Feb peeps? I'm licensed in FL currently.
I passed with a score good enough for all the states, which is all that matters.

My advice is to practice the MBE. Then practice the MBE again. Make sure you know the MBE highly tested rules cold. I really messed up the MEE portion (left a whole question blank). I'm convinced my MBE saved the day. MEE is a crapshoot (and only 30%), but MBE follows specific guidelines (# of Q's per subject, fixed number of Q's etc.) and structures ( all the questions have a specific pattern), so there's less of a surprise and it's easier to master.

Hope this helps!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OzStriker1

New

Post by OzStriker1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:49 am

SPAM
Last edited by OzStriker1 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jir92

Bronze

Post by jir92 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 am

OzStriker1 wrote:I agree, the MEE is a total crap shoot. If you need extra help though, I really like Studicata's "MEE Attack Outline" - made my life a lot easier for the essay portion. Only $97 backed with a pass or money back guarantee.

Here's a sample from their site: https://[link redacted]/h7e45g
Could I get a sample or a screenshot from either Real Property, Evidence, or Crim Law/Pro so I can see if it matches up with my course and if it's worth buying?

PunkWonkMike

New

Post by PunkWonkMike » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:11 pm

At the risk of being obtuse (something that didn't keep me from attending law school, but I digress...), did you use Studicata for a previous bar exam administration? I can't find any info on Studicata except the limited things posted in a thread or two here on TLS and was under the impression that Feb 2017 was their maiden voyage. They look great, way more readable that most outlines, but the newness and relative lack of testimonials is making me hesitant.

mod edit: the studicata posts were spam by a company representative and have been deleted

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 pm

ndp1234 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

I passed with a score good enough for all the states, which is all that matters.

My advice is to practice the MBE. Then practice the MBE again. Make sure you know the MBE highly tested rules cold. I really messed up the MEE portion (left a whole question blank). I'm convinced my MBE saved the day. MEE is a crapshoot (and only 30%), but MBE follows specific guidelines (# of Q's per subject, fixed number of Q's etc.) and structures ( all the questions have a specific pattern), so there's less of a surprise and it's easier to master.

Hope this helps!
I had a similar experience (I didn't leave any MEE blank but I may as well have). I'd recommend the Critical Pass app for smart phone (I think it's like $60) if you're like me and are on your phone when commuting/shitting/whatever if you're not strapped for cash, every MBE point counts. Really thankful that the MEE is only worth 30%. The MPT also felt like a guaranteed 15%+ in terms of how much easier it was than the MEE.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”