Advice re: New York Bar Exam/ UBE Feb 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
OhioLaw22

New

Advice re: New York Bar Exam/ UBE Feb 2017

Post by OhioLaw22 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Hello,

I'd appreciate any advice on how to proceed. I have a job offer in New York contingent on passing the Feb 2017 bar exam. I recently passed the July 2016 Ohio bar exam and killed the essays, but got a 130 on the MBE (not great with multiple choice questions).

My plan now is to take the Feb 2017 UBE, but I'm a bit confused about a few things:
1) Is it possible to transfer an MBE score towards UBE credit?
2) If so, do I meet the minimum score threshold, and is it worth it in my case to do so?
3) For those who have taken the UBE: Is it possible to use my old Barbri study materials to prepare, or what would you recommend?
4) Any other thoughts or advice on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, and best wishes to you all!
Last edited by OhioLaw22 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joeyc328

Bronze

Re: Advice re: New York Bar Exam/ UBE Feb 2017

Post by joeyc328 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 pm

OhioLaw22 wrote:My plan now is to take the Feb 2017 UBE, but I'm a bit confused about a few things:
2) If so, do I meet the minimum score threshold, and is it worth it in my case to do so?
3) For those who have taken the UBE: Is it possible to use my old Barbri study materials to prepare, or what would you recommend?
3) Any other thoughts or advice on the situation would be greatly appreciated.
1. No
2. N/A
3. This is personal preference. It is probably worth getting adaptibar just to have more MBE questions to do.
4. Other advice is depending on where you live you might be more comfortable taking the bar in a jurisdiction you are more comfortable in and transferring the score over. If you are already in New York and know where you are going that is fine, but you might be more comfortable taking the UBE in Idaho with 80 other people (you will also get a quicker turn around for your job).

OhioLaw22

New

Re: Advice re: New York Bar Exam/ UBE Feb 2017

Post by OhioLaw22 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:26 pm

joeyc328 wrote:
OhioLaw22 wrote:My plan now is to take the Feb 2017 UBE, but I'm a bit confused about a few things:
3) Any other thoughts or advice on the situation would be greatly appreciated.
1. No
2. N/A
3. This is personal preference. It is probably worth getting adaptibar just to have more MBE questions to do.
4. Other advice is depending on where you live you might be more comfortable taking the bar in a jurisdiction you are more comfortable in and transferring the score over. If you are already in New York and know where you are going that is fine, but you might be more comfortable taking the UBE in Idaho with 80 other people (you will also get a quicker turn around for your job).

Appreciate the advice! Thank you!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”