Civil Procedure MBE questions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jss

New

Civil Procedure MBE questions

Post by Jss » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Hello,

I am looking for advice re Civil Procedure study materials/questions for the MBE. I am using Bar Max, old Barbri books (2013, so no civil procedure) and Critical Pass cards. I really need practise Civ Pro questions.

I am considering buying the most recent Emanuel book since it contains 200 practise questions. I would really appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

Thank you!

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Civil Procedure MBE questions

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:00 am

The two books I tend to like best for Civ Pro questions are Strategies and Tactics for the MBE, and Strategies and Tactics for the Finz Multistate Method. Still waiting on official questions released by the NCBE from prior exams, but for now these are a good alternative.

--Sean

Mhens

New

Post by Mhens » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 am

FWIW, I used barbri and critical pass flashcards for the July 2016 exam. The barbri Civ Pro MBE questions had a huge emphasis on issues like diversity jurisdiction, venue, and supplemental jurisdiction and very little practice with the actual Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. On the MBE there maybe a handful of questions on those topics and just about everything else were on nuances in the rules. I believe they were covered in the critical pass flashcards, but I didn't spend a ton of time studying the nuances of the rules since barbri made it seem that the rules wouldn't be tested heavily. Civ Pro was my strongest subject in the barbri practice tests and I felt like I was thrown for a loop with the questions on the actual MBE. Whatever practice questions you buy I would try and make sure the questions are more of even balance between rules questions and other issues like SMJ, personal jurisdiction, venue, etc.

Damion

New

Post by Damion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:39 pm

I have gone over both Adaptibar civ pro questions and "Best Multis" civ pro questions and I would strongly suggest to sign up with Best Multis.

http://bestmultis.com/

I took the July 2016 Bar exam and the questions from BM were very very similar. Also BM provides much detailed explanations, so you are not left wondering why you got the answer wrong. I would not recommend Adapti bar civ pro since they are extremely tough and useless (my opinion).

I would say BM would be the ideal choice and worth every penny...

I literally breezed through the MBE questions.

The rest of the tested areas are pretty much similar but, again Adapti bar gives one liner explanations which is really frustrating and useless....

Hope it helps.

Jss

New

Post by Jss » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:50 am

Damion wrote:I have gone over both Adaptibar civ pro questions and "Best Multis" civ pro questions and I would strongly suggest to sign up with Best Multis.

I took the July 2016 Bar exam and the questions from BM were very very similar. Also BM provides much detailed explanations, so you are not left wondering why you got the answer wrong. I would not recommend Adapti bar civ pro since they are extremely tough and useless (my opinion).

The rest of the tested areas are pretty much similar but, again Adapti bar gives one liner explanations which is really frustrating and useless....

Hope it helps.
Thanks! Bestmultis is also almost double the price, do you know if there is a civ pro only option?
Adaptibar does not offer that, I asked them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:22 pm

Damion wrote:I have gone over both Adaptibar civ pro questions and "Best Multis" civ pro questions and I would strongly suggest to sign up with Best Multis.

Hope it helps.
I also took July 2016 and studied exclusively with Adaptibar. I thought the civ pro questions were fine. There are definitely some more nuanced questions on the bar that you won't see, but for the most part Adaptibar will prepare you if you do enough of them.

Rap Genius

New

Post by Rap Genius » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:57 pm

Last edited by Rap Genius on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jss

New

Post by Jss » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:17 am

Mhens wrote:FWIW, I used barbri and critical pass flashcards for the July 2016 exam. The barbri Civ Pro MBE questions had a huge emphasis on issues like diversity jurisdiction, venue, and supplemental jurisdiction and very little practice with the actual Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. On the MBE there maybe a handful of questions on those topics and just about everything else were on nuances in the rules. I believe they were covered in the critical pass flashcards, but I didn't spend a ton of time studying the nuances of the rules since barbri made it seem that the rules wouldn't be tested heavily. Civ Pro was my strongest subject in the barbri practice tests and I felt like I was thrown for a loop with the questions on the actual MBE. Whatever practice questions you buy I would try and make sure the questions are more of even balance between rules questions and other issues like SMJ, personal jurisdiction, venue, etc.
Thanks a lot, it just seems nobody seems to offer just civ pro questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”