. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
applepie123

New

Post by applepie123 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Last edited by applepie123 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

passx3

New

Re: Waiting for July bar result, but failed August MPRE

Post by passx3 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:36 pm

applepie123 wrote:I just found out that I failed my MPRE. Thus, even if I pass the bar, I won't be able to admitted to the bar in November, which is when the swearing in ceremony is usually held.
Assuming that I pass the MPRE in November and get my results in December, does anyone know when I could be sworn into the bar?
Would it be when the February bar takers are having their ceremony?
Please share your story if you've been in my shoes.
Thank you.
In my jurisdiction you definitely do not have to wait for a swearing in ceremony to start practicing... you can have any notary administer the oath and then just sign it, notarize, and send it to the bar. So, I would think that a few days after you pass the MPRE you would recieve the oath in the mail and could send it in.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:45 pm

applepie123 wrote:I just found out that I failed my MPRE. Thus, even if I pass the bar, I won't be able to admitted to the bar in November, which is when the swearing in ceremony is usually held.
Assuming that I pass the MPRE in November and get my results in December, does anyone know when I could be sworn into the bar?
Thank you.
My understanding is that you can be sworn in anytime after you have completed all the requires steps.

In my case I passed the February CBX. I passed the MPRE in August, and am still waiting on my background check. As soon as that's done (hopefully!) I'll get sworn in. There are, in California at least a LOT of people who can swear you in, including a notary public.

applepie123

New

Post by applepie123 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:46 pm

Last edited by applepie123 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applepie123

New

Post by applepie123 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Last edited by applepie123 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:49 pm

applepie123 wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
Thank you.
My understanding is that you can be sworn in anytime after you have completed all the requires steps.

In my case I passed the February CBX. I passed the MPRE in August, and am still waiting on my background check. As soon as that's done (hopefully!) I'll get sworn in. There are, in California at least a LOT of people who can swear you in, including a notary public.
May I ask which jurisdiction?
I took the Illinois bar. Do you know anything about Illinois?
I think you can find all of this info online. Some states are very relaxed. For NJ, for example, I think all you need is a like a licensed attorney and a bible. My friend posted a pic last year of her husband swearing her in at their house. It could've been a joke, but it was online.

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Post by ChocolateTruffle » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:30 am

applepie123 wrote:I just found out that I failed my MPRE. Thus, even if I pass the bar, I won't be admitted to the bar in November, which is when the swearing in ceremony is usually held.
Thank you.
I can't answer your questions, but I just wanted to let you know that I failed the MPRE twice in 2013, the year I graduated from law school. I recently just took the MPRE this August and passed. I listened to the Barbri lectures online and did practice questions from the book and on Themis (but did not listen to Themis lectures) for about two days and that was sufficient. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”