Failed the UBE, Thinking of Finally Quitting the Scam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
BillCooper

New

Failed the UBE, Thinking of Finally Quitting the Scam

Post by BillCooper » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Scored a 266 on the UBE. Needed a 270. 144.4 on MBE and 121 on MEE. Only had a month and a half to study with Themis due to not having money for a bar review course. Dead broke. No job. Thinking of checking out.

Startled Rabbit

New

Re: Failed the UBE, Thinking of Finally Quitting the Scam

Post by Startled Rabbit » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:21 pm

BillCooper wrote:Scored a 266 on the UBE. Needed a 270. 144.4 on MBE and 121 on MEE. Only had a month and a half to study with Themis due to not having money for a bar review course. Dead broke. No job. Thinking of checking out.
There are a few states that require 260 and a few that require 266 for a pass. I understand that with you being dead broke, it might not be possible to consider moving to any of those right now, but maybe consider it in the future?
Last edited by Startled Rabbit on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carrie_Homeland

New

Post by Carrie_Homeland » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:25 pm

If you decide to transfer you could go to many UMB states, including NY, NJ and DC. Consider your options.

BillCooper

New

Post by BillCooper » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Carrie_Homeland wrote:If you decide to transfer you could go to many UMB states, including NY, NJ and DC. Consider your options.
Wait, so I don't have to take the bar again and I could transfer to those states with a 266?

Carrie_Homeland

New

Post by Carrie_Homeland » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:53 pm

BillCooper wrote:
Carrie_Homeland wrote:If you decide to transfer you could go to many UMB states, including NY, NJ and DC. Consider your options.
Wait, so I don't have to take the bar again and I could transfer to those states with a 266?
Yes, http://www.ncbex.org/exams/ube/score-portability/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:56 pm

BillCooper wrote:

Correct. Montana is near WA and requires a 266 or less. Read about UBE score transfers online. It is real, I know people who have done it. You can practice law and don't need to take the bar again. I know Missouri and New Mexico are low UBE states. I think Utah is too. Idaho is high. Don't think Oergon is UBE.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillCooper

New

Post by BillCooper » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:58 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
BillCooper wrote:

Correct. Montana is near WA and requires a 266 or less. Read about UBE score transfers online. It is real, I know people who have done it. You can practice law and don't need to take the bar again. I know Missouri and New Mexico are low UBE states. I think Utah is too. Idaho is high. Don't think Oergon is UBE.
You've made my day.

Carrie_Homeland

New

Post by Carrie_Homeland » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:01 pm

BillCooper wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
BillCooper wrote:

You've made my day.
It may not seem like it right now, but congrats on passing! I'm still waiting on results but if I do as well as you I will be estatic.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:09 pm

BillCooper wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
BillCooper wrote:

You've made my day.
+1
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Startled Rabbit

New

Post by Startled Rabbit » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:10 pm

Carrie_Homeland wrote:
BillCooper wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
BillCooper wrote:

You've made my day.
It may not seem like it right now, but congrats on passing! I'm still waiting on results but if I do as well as you I will be estatic.
Same here. I'm in a state that requires 266.

Congrats on passing the bar!

Single-Malt-Liquor

Silver

Post by Single-Malt-Liquor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:56 am

Best thread in the bar forum this is.

barman143

New

Post by barman143 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:49 pm

Carrie_Homeland wrote:
BillCooper wrote:
Yes, http://www.ncbex.org/exams/ube/score-portability/
How about the scenario in which one takes a UBE exam and passes, but wishes to transfer that score to another UBE jurisdiction but requires a higher passing score? For example, passing Missouri with a 260 buy wanting to gain entry to NY which requires a 266.

jess

Post by jess » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:06 am

BillCooper wrote:Scored a 266 on the UBE. Needed a 270. 144.4 on MBE and 121 on MEE. Only had a month and a half to study with Themis due to not having money for a bar review course. Dead broke. No job. Thinking of checking out.
sorry to hear that your score wasn't enough. I'm scared to death now because your description about your performance on the essays seems extremely similar to my experience.

john_brown

New

Post by john_brown » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:22 am

mvp99 wrote:
sorry to hear that your score wasn't enough. I'm scared to death now because your description about your performance on the essays seems extremely similar to my experience.
Same, although that score would be (just) good enough in my jurisdiction.

fearless16

New

Post by fearless16 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:41 pm

Score transfers for UBE states are real. I'm almost done with the process now. Took in Arizona. A few points shy for AZ but enough for neighboring New Mexico. I can work there and be home every other weekend.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:54 am

fearless16 wrote:Score transfers for UBE states are real. I'm almost done with the process now. Took in Arizona. A few points shy for AZ but enough for neighboring New Mexico. I can work there and be home every other weekend.
How long did the transfer process take? How long until you will be sworn in?
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Post by ChocolateTruffle » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:54 pm

You're lucky in my eyes. I am unemployed, broke as well, with a lot of student debt. I HOPE I get a 266! NY is the state I took the test in. But if I get a 260 (even then I'll probably be lucky because I think I failed), I'll look for a job in New Mexico until I take the exam again. At least you have a score that is good enough for NY and Washington DC !

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:54 pm

ChocolateTruffle wrote:
You're lucky in my eyes. I am unemployed, broke as well, with a lot of student debt. I HOPE I get a 266! NY is the state I took the test in. But if I get a 260 (even then I'll probably be lucky because I think I failed), I'll look for a job in New Mexico until I take the exam again. At least you have a score that is good enough for NY and Washington DC !
Don't forget Minnesota and Missouri as well as New Mexico

theInnerCircle

New

Post by theInnerCircle » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:16 pm

really, just waive in anywhere and you can fed law, no matter. it's not so bad to "fail" a particular ube when you think about it. :/

fearless16

New

Post by fearless16 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:16 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
fearless16 wrote:Score transfers for UBE states are real. I'm almost done with the process now. Took in Arizona. A few points shy for AZ but enough for neighboring New Mexico. I can work there and be home every other weekend.
How long did the transfer process take? How long until you will be sworn in?
The process was relatively straightforward. I did have to fly to New Mexico to take the class in New Mexico law but otherwise, it was basically the same reams of paper work I'd need for any other jurisdiction. Hoping to get sworn in in the next month or so.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fearless16

New

Post by fearless16 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Make that next "few" months or so ... Next swearing in is not until February. I think there is a remote option but I'm not sure how that works.

BillCooper

New

Post by BillCooper » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:35 am

fearless16 wrote:Make that next "few" months or so ... Next swearing in is not until February. I think there is a remote option but I'm not sure how that works.
I am thinking of getting licensed in NM as well. How long did it take for them to complete your application and let you know you were good to go.

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:50 am

I sincerely hope I'm not jinxing myself by inquiring (still have a few weeks before IL scores come out...and I'm a 3rd time taker) but I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can transfer an MBE score from a non-UBE jurisdiction to a UBE jurisdiction?

I'm interested in this mainly because I'm considering moving out of IL, but also in the event that I fail, a small bit of hope that I could transfer my MBE score would be awesome.

rkreymer

Bronze

Post by rkreymer » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 pm

lawst_ wrote:I sincerely hope I'm not jinxing myself by inquiring (still have a few weeks before IL scores come out...and I'm a 3rd time taker) but I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can transfer an MBE score from a non-UBE jurisdiction to a UBE jurisdiction?

I'm interested in this mainly because I'm considering moving out of IL, but also in the event that I fail, a small bit of hope that I could transfer my MBE score would be awesome.

I believe you can transfer your MBE score to Washington DC from the non-UBE jurisdiction it has to be 134 and higher I believe and other states as well you just have to research what the transfer score must be.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”