California C&F status Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rcharter1978

Gold

California C&F status

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:48 am

Has anyone ever had luck calling to check on the status of their C&F application? I know its "under review" but I was hoping to see if there were any specific holdups, so I could address them (maybe an employer not sending back a form or something along those lines).

I called earlier today and left a message, but I haven't gotten a call back. I don't want to annoy whoever is reviewing my file, so is it okay to check, has anyone else done this?

LockBox

Bronze

Re: California C&F status

Post by LockBox » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:06 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:Has anyone ever had luck calling to check on the status of their C&F application? I know its "under review" but I was hoping to see if there were any specific holdups, so I could address them (maybe an employer not sending back a form or something along those lines).

I called earlier today and left a message, but I haven't gotten a call back. I don't want to annoy whoever is reviewing my file, so is it okay to check, has anyone else done this?
I called last year and got through to someone while my file was under review. They were nice and gave me a general response (i.e., call back if you haven't heard in 4 months).

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:08 pm

LockBox wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:Has anyone ever had luck calling to check on the status of their C&F application? I know its "under review" but I was hoping to see if there were any specific holdups, so I could address them (maybe an employer not sending back a form or something along those lines).

I called last year and got through to someone while my file was under review. They were nice and gave me a general response (i.e., call back if you haven't heard in 4 months).
Thanks, I'll try again, I don't want to be a pain but if someone is just being a wang about sending in the form I can at least call them and ask them about it.

Metal_Inquisition

New

Post by Metal_Inquisition » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:42 pm

I called about a week ago and got "your application is under review." I know that....any more info? Nope. The lady told me to call back in a month.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:46 pm

How long has it been since you submitted your C&F application?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:55 pm

rpupkin wrote:How long has it been since you submitted your C&F application?
It's been 2 months, which I realize isn't a long time but if there is an issue of someone just not sending in a form I could just make a few calls.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Metal_Inquisition wrote:I called about a week ago and got "your application is under review." I know that....any more info? Nope. The lady told me to call back in a month.
Yeah I got a hold of the reviewer today and got the same thing. She was nice but I sort of got the feeling she hadn't looked at my file...ever.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:00 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:
It's been 2 months, which I realize isn't a long time but if there is an issue of someone just not sending in a form I could just make a few calls.
It usually takes 2-4 months. Calling won't make anything happen faster, but it won't hurt.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:07 pm

rpupkin wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
It usually takes 2-4 months. Calling won't make anything happen faster, but it won't hurt.
That's a good way to look at it. I wonder why it takes so long.

Metal_Inquisition

New

Post by Metal_Inquisition » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:39 am

rpupkin wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
Does it take 2-4 months from date of submission or 2-4 months from date that you get the "This will confirm that the initial processing of the Application for Determination of Moral Character you filed with this office has been completed?" I got that e-mail a month ago, but I submitted everything in March.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”