Anyone planning on using Barbri's 67-day advantage plan? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
musashino

New

Anyone planning on using Barbri's 67-day advantage plan?

Post by musashino » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 pm

I know everyone's feeling completely exhausted from the July Bar, and probably don't even want to talk about studying for the bar for awhile, but not having taken Barbri or any test prep company, anyone planning on taking the 67 Early Study Plan? I think it's basically just Barbri... except earlier.

I haven't 100% decided yet, but I'm fairly certain I'd rather start much earlier considering I'll only be able to take a month or so off prior to the February Bar. I just wanted to gauge if any other people here are planning on it, so we'd at least have a thread going on to offer encouragement, advice, etc...

Is this 67 day program new btw? I called Barbri and they said the program will "probably" be open around Mid September.

L_William_W

Bronze

Re: Anyone planning on using Barbri's 67-day advantage plan?

Post by L_William_W » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:47 pm

IMO, if Barbri didn't work for you the first time, ditch them. Their approach won't change. Yours should.

musashino

New

Post by musashino » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:24 am

L_William_W wrote:IMO, if Barbri didn't work for you the first time, ditch them. Their approach won't change. Yours should.
Like I said, I haven't used any bar prep company ever.

SuperPollito

New

Post by SuperPollito » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:18 am

Here's the secret to passing the bar: memorize 1000 rules and exceptions, and take 1000+ practice questions. That's it, no trick. If you can do that in 3 months, fine, or two weeks fine, or even if you feel you need 5 months, fine.

I, personally, think starting 5 months or so out would cause me to forget half of the stuff and be burnt out by the time it mattered.

symphony07

New

Post by symphony07 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:38 am

SuperPollito wrote:Here's the secret to passing the bar: memorize 1000 rules and exceptions, and take 1000+ practice questions. That's it, no trick. If you can do that in 3 months, fine, or two weeks fine, or even if you feel you need 5 months, fine.

I, personally, think starting 5 months or so out would cause me to forget half of the stuff and be burnt out by the time it mattered.

uhhh are these posts in anticipation or belief of having not passed last week's exams? scary.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Zongo

New

Post by Zongo » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:23 pm

SuperPollito wrote:Here's the secret to passing the bar: memorize 1000 rules and exceptions, and take 1000+ practice questions. That's it, no trick. If you can do that in 3 months, fine, or two weeks fine, or even if you feel you need 5 months, fine.

I'm with this guy. For me, the extra 67 days would have been more of a detriment than a benefit come test day. I was already feeling the effects of being burned out from the 3 month schedule. To each his own. It doesn't really matter how much or how long other people study. It's all about finding that sweet spot for you. If you think it'll be helpful, then go for it. If you do end up taking Barbri, take everything they provide with a grain of salt.

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:48 pm

musashino wrote:I know everyone's feeling completely exhausted from the July Bar, and probably don't even want to talk about studying for the bar for awhile, but not having taken Barbri or any test prep company, anyone planning on taking the 67 Early Study Plan? I think it's basically just Barbri... except earlier.

I haven't 100% decided yet, but I'm fairly certain I'd rather start much earlier considering I'll only be able to take a month or so off prior to the February Bar. I just wanted to gauge if any other people here are planning on it, so we'd at least have a thread going on to offer encouragement, advice, etc...

Is this 67 day program new btw? I called Barbri and they said the program will "probably" be open around Mid September.
The Early Start program was available to the May test takers. It was essentially lectures and BarBri AMP (this stupid online repetitive tool that badgers you into picking the right answer by asking you the same questions over and over, different ways, in a very inefficient manner). The lectures were not always bar-exam specific--many of them were the same 1L or upperclass lectures that were available through BarBri when we were in school. (So they teach you, for instance, Crim Law, but not CrimLaw specifically tailored to bar prep.). I found the lectures very helpful for subjects I had no exposure to (CrimPro) and less helpful for subjects I'd already had (say, Contracts). The AMPs are pretty inefficient.

If it comes with your BarBri program without paying more, I'd go for it. If it's more money, not sure you wouldn't get a pretty similar benefit by simply getting an E&E for a subject or two that you feel weaker in and working from there. Hope that helps.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”