Michigan Character and Fitness notices being sent out Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
UMich11

Bronze

Michigan Character and Fitness notices being sent out

Post by UMich11 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:03 pm

Maybe i'm late to the game but just got my Character and Fitness notice that i was recommended/approved and now am just waiting on exam results. I forgot a few items so my file was delayed a bit. Just an FYI to anyone else that's waiting.

lionsfan1557

New

Re: Michigan Character and Fitness notices being sent out

Post by lionsfan1557 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks for the update. A couple of my friends got their notices a few days ago. I still have not received mine. I sent it a lot of papers and updated some things in May. I was just wondering does anyone have a rough timeframe on when to start getting worried if I don't receive a notice? I have been extremely worried about this process and disclosed literally everything I could think of but yet I still feel I will be dragged into a hearing. I just wanted to know if anyone has any insight with this in Michigan or knows how the process works in terms of timeframes of notices or recommendations for hearings? Thanks

newbie2016

New

Post by newbie2016 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:54 am

I'm in the same boat with you Lions fan. My investigation was held up because some references were late. I just recently sent more documents as requested. It appears that my file is moving through the system though. For me, this is the bigger of the two hurdles because if C&F is denied, you can't reapply for 2 years whereas if you fail the bar you can take it again in a few months. All my plans are on hold while I wait for something from them. The waiting is very difficult but we'll make it through it.

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:09 pm

newbie2016 wrote:I'm in the same boat with you Lions fan. My investigation was held up because some references were late. I just recently sent more documents as requested. It appears that my file is moving through the system though. For me, this is the bigger of the two hurdles because if C&F is denied, you can't reapply for 2 years whereas if you fail the bar you can take it again in a few months. All my plans are on hold while I wait for something from them. The waiting is very difficult but we'll make it through it.
My investigator contacted me Wednesday and asked for two documents (one I already sent but apparently he asked for again) regarding a car accident I got into last week. They didn't press me for other issues I disclosed that I thought I would get pressed for so maybe that's a good sign and like you said my file as well seems to be finally moving. Nonetheless, I do still fear a denial as that could happen since Michigan is very strict with their C&F process as I've been told by others. It's funny because when you explain to outsiders that you would rather fail the bar than C&F they do not seem to understand why until you tell them about the two year bar to admissions which I believe is too harsh. I really believe we just need to hang in there she we'll hopefully be ok! Good luck and update us when you get a chance as I will as well for better or for worse.

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:45 am

I received my notice on August 8th. I was lazy and did my stuff pretty late, so I don't think my file was complete until sometime in June or maybe early July. I didn't have much to disclose but I have lived in a lot of different places, so I had a lot of sets of background checks/driving records to request. I didn't receive any requests for more documents or anything, so it seems like once all of my stuff was in it was a pretty smooth process for me luckily.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:58 pm

I submitted everything requested to the investigator on August 26th and still haven't heard back or received an approval or denial yet. I know quite a few people who are waiting for approvals still. Not going to lying I am getting impatient and I am very anxious. Does anyone know how long this waiting in Michigan drags on for in terms of an approval or denial? I just want to know what direction I have to go with my life instead of waiting everyday for the mailman to deliver a piece of paper. Thanks and good luck to those still waiting.

newbie2016

New

Post by newbie2016 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Stay the course Lionsfan. I know how difficult it is. I am doing the exact same thing. I can't even concentrate at work because my whole life is literally on hold waiting for this one piece of paper. I'm also constantly checking my email because I got a letter in July saying they only needed a couple of things to complete my C&F Cert and then two weeks later I got a request for more stuff. I know there are only a few people working on it though and there have to still be a ton of applications to review. I am hopeful something comes this week though. I got a letter in the mail yesterday from BLE and my heart sank but when I opened it, it was just that they were missing my MPRE score (because I took that test 4 or 5 years ago). You've invested a lot of time and effort. It will be worth it. Hold tight. I'll let you know as soon as something is updated on my end.

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:28 pm

newbie2016 wrote:Stay the course Lionsfan. I know how difficult it is. I am doing the exact same thing. I can't even concentrate at work because my whole life is literally on hold waiting for this one piece of paper. I'm also constantly checking my email because I got a letter in July saying they only needed a couple of things to complete my C&F Cert and then two weeks later I got a request for more stuff. I know there are only a few people working on it though and there have to still be a ton of applications to review. I am hopeful something comes this week though. I got a letter in the mail yesterday from BLE and my heart sank but when I opened it, it was just that they were missing my MPRE score (because I took that test 4 or 5 years ago). You've invested a lot of time and effort. It will be worth it. Hold tight. I'll let you know as soon as something is updated on my end.
Thanks for replying. I know you are right at the end of the day we have to keep waiting and hopefully get something this week. I am in the same boat as you in the sense that I cannot even focus at work or even in my personal life outside of work is being constantly ruined by thinking about this approval. I am hoping we both get good news this week. My fingers are crossed for both of us and hopefully it's this week. Hang in there too! I'll update back here as soon as I get something.

newbie2016

New

Post by newbie2016 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi Lionsfan!!

I finally got my approval letter today. Yours will be coming soon too. You know, I think we were worried for no reason. UMich11's app was sent early March and the approval wasn't rec'd until August 1st. I didn't send my app until May and they asked for additional stuff August 10th which I sent by the 22nd. All in all, it took about 4 months. That's pretty standard I think. You'll be fine. Then we just have to wait another month or so for our exam results. :D :D :D :D :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:02 pm

newbie2016 wrote:Hi Lionsfan!!

I finally got my approval letter today. Yours will be coming soon too. You know, I think we were worried for no reason. UMich11's app was sent early March and the approval wasn't rec'd until August 1st. I didn't send my app until May and they asked for additional stuff August 10th which I sent by the 22nd. All in all, it took about 4 months. That's pretty standard I think. You'll be fine. Then we just have to wait another month or so for our exam results. :D :D :D :D :D
That makes me very happy you got yours today!! Congrats! Unfortunately I am still waiting. I'm hoping I get something any day now because I am literally going crazy. But thanks for letting me know you got yours in! Yes, you are right we also got about another brutal month to wait for these bar results :? Anyways, I hope I can report back here soon with some good news. In the meantime please enjoy this moment and congrats again

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:23 pm

lionsfan1557 wrote:
newbie2016 wrote:Hi Lionsfan!!

That makes me very happy you got yours today!! Congrats! Unfortunately I am still waiting. I'm hoping I get something any day now because I am literally going crazy. But thanks for letting me know you got yours in! Yes, you are right we also got about another brutal month to wait for these bar results :? Anyways, I hope I can report back here soon with some good news. In the
meantime please enjoy this moment and congrats again

Guys, I just got my approval in today. Wow I am so happy right now I hope everyone else got their approval! Congrats everyone who did

newbie2016

New

Post by newbie2016 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Oh my goodness I'm so happy for you!!! Alright now we can all focus on the exam results. Woo hoo!! MiBar here we come!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”