Stopped Studying Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sflyr2016

Bronze

Re: Stopped Studying

Post by sflyr2016 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Totally hit a wall yesterday and today, too. I've lost the will power do do anything more. I think I am just going to lightly review the outlines from here on out, but I don't think i can put in any more full days or work on anything substantive. I'm burnt.

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:26 pm

sflyr2016 wrote:Totally hit a wall yesterday and today, too. I've lost the will power do do anything more. I think I am just going to lightly review the outlines from here on out, but I don't think i can put in any more full days or work on anything substantive. I'm burnt.
Same here. I gotta finish my mini outline on Corps and then do a quick one for Trusts, but after that, I think I'm just gonna stick to light review so I can be ready come test day. Maybe do 1 or 2 MPTs just to remind myself how to do them. I'm just afraid that doing an MPT or two will add to the burn. :(

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:24 am

sflyr2016 wrote:Totally hit a wall yesterday and today, too. I've lost the will power do do anything more. I think I am just going to lightly review the outlines from here on out, but I don't think i can put in any more full days or work on anything substantive. I'm burnt.
I'm going to try to make this the last time I give this advice, because I know I'm sounding like a Sony Discman. But I know how you feel, and please, instead of sleeping or vegging out, do something that you like doing for a few hours. Please get out of the house or out of the library. It doesn't have to be a full day, it doesn't have to be an excursion. Just something in your life that refreshes and relaxes you. At first you'll still be thinking about the bar, but a few minutes/hours in and you'll feel better, and you'll feel so refreshed and I think it will mean more for your studies in this final stretch.

lawstoodent

New

Post by lawstoodent » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Took a break yesterday at like 1pm and went to bed early -- it was the best thing I could've done. If any of you are still struggling, I recommend taking more breaks in the day and ending early/going to sleep before 11pm if possible.

Also, For what it's worth, if you guys have time, I'd recommend ending your MBE studies on OPE-3 and OPE-4. They are huge confidence boosters.

Good luck all!

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:02 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:
Same here. I gotta finish my mini outline on Corps and then do a quick one for Trusts, but after that, I think I'm just gonna stick to light review so I can be ready come test day. Maybe do 1 or 2 MPTs just to remind myself how to do them. I'm just afraid that doing an MPT or two will add to the burn. :(
Really feeling the same. Think I'm gonna try to do adaptibar questions to stay fresh, then do essays in the subjects I feel weak on (open book) and maybe make lists of the rules that keep coming up. Someone here said they went through the essay subjects and found basically the top five repeating rules and memorized them ... that seems manageable to me.

I would rather go in to the bar relaxed with all the preparation and studying and knowledge I've acquired over the last 10 weeks than feel totally strung out on game day ... hoping that's the right strategy lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:03 pm

lawstoodent wrote:Took a break yesterday at like 1pm and went to bed early -- it was the best thing I could've done. If any of you are still struggling, I recommend taking more breaks in the day and ending early/going to sleep before 11pm if possible.

Also, For what it's worth, if you guys have time, I'd recommend ending your MBE studies on OPE-3 and OPE-4. They are huge confidence boosters.

Good luck all!
Good for you, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”