Essays that have mixed topics Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
iliketurtles123

Bronze

Essays that have mixed topics

Post by iliketurtles123 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:03 am

Some essays have mixed topics. For example, Crim Pro and Evidence.

On some model answers, at least for Themis, the model answers sometimes answer the questions based only on one subject, while in few occasions, it may delve into other topics for one question.

How do we know whether to stay within the topic?

For example, it's so difficult to tell whether a question is asking about Miranda or admissibility of evidence because I could write both. And given how most essay questions seem clear cut (yes or no), it seems like there isn't really a way to tell which one the essay is looking for.

blueapple08

New

Re: Essays that have mixed topics

Post by blueapple08 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:01 am

You don't. Just throw as much shit as you can and hope some of it sticks. It's a game of points.

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:32 am

You really just have to go with your gut on the essays. You've put in the time, you've studied your ass off, what do you think they're asking for? The bar is not the time to second-guess yourself, you have to make a decision about what they're asking you for and have confidence that you're probably correct.

haexam

New

Post by haexam » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:03 am

Most of the previous MEE questions (for UBE jurisdictions) I have come across state what topic(s) they relate to (e.g. see http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=ht ... ument%2F26)
Can anyone confirm if the topics appear on the actual MEE? And if so, can we assume that the analysis/discussion should be limited to the listed topic(s)?

bwh8813

Bronze

Post by bwh8813 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 am

haexam wrote:Most of the previous MEE questions (for UBE jurisdictions) I have come across state what topic(s) they relate to (e.g. see http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=ht ... ument%2F26)
Can anyone confirm if the topics appear on the actual MEE? And if so, can we assume that the analysis/discussion should be limited to the listed topic(s)?
Yeah, I could be mistaken but I don't think the topic headers like that appear on the actual exam. I think those are added after the fact as part of study material.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:14 am

bwh8813 wrote:
haexam wrote:Most of the previous MEE questions (for UBE jurisdictions) I have come across state what topic(s) they relate to (e.g. see http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=ht ... ument%2F26)
Yeah, I could be mistaken but I don't think the topic headers like that appear on the actual exam. I think those are added after the fact as part of study material.
This is correct. They don't tell you what the essay is about.

And address everything you think is relevant, even if it's mixing topics. Miranda and admissibility could easily both be addressed in one crim pro topic, or it could be like mixing civ pro and torts or the like.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”