MPT Answer Formats Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
iamsherlocked

New

MPT Answer Formats

Post by iamsherlocked » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:27 pm

I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this question, so maybe someone can shed some light. What formats for the MPT do we need to know before we go in? A legal memorandum is one of them, which means that we need to know the corresponding headings/format cold, but are there any other formats that we need to know in advance? If so, does anyone know of an online resource that shows the formats and the headings that they are ideally looking for?

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Re: MPT Answer Formats

Post by Mr. Archer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:38 pm

If you're taking a course like Barbri or Kaplan, there will be instructions in your materials. You might be asked to write a memorandum, demand letter, client letter, or some other type of legal document. The NCBE has a description of the types of documents http://www.ncbex.org/exams/mpt/preparing/
I'm not sure if the corresponding formats are explained online, but you could always look at sample answers.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:04 pm

I think anything more obscure than a memo is going to have enough instructions in the fake assignment letter from your imaginary boss, or the example document, to get it mostly right. I think one of mine was "Dear associate: Please write a memo, but it should only have the Discussion and Conclusion sections." Okay then. My first time taking the bar, both MPTs were "letters to clients" that had a sort of checklist of what to explain/answer, and no real format.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:58 pm

Letter to the judge, partner or client, argument section of brief, will, trust, jury instructions, closing argument, demand letter, interrogatories, and I think there a few more.

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:23 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”