Adaptibar Progress Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
WheatThins

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar Progress

Post by WheatThins » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Yea, adaptibar has been very tough lately. Did the 2013 exam and got 76/100, which sounds about right since my average has been in the mid 70s. Going to try to maintain at this point and put some energy into the MEE.
Last edited by WheatThins on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:28 pm

rmhco wrote:
supervik80 wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:
mvp99 wrote:
Rahviveh wrote:
musashino wrote:Holy crap, what's wrong with you guys? :D

I'm at 75.4% and I thought I was a monster lol. Some of you are scoring 80%+? :shock: I mean.. I have an 86% on Torts...

That's essentially an auto-pass in some jurisdictions (most 50% MBE jx's, i think) regardless of how badly you do on the other half of the test.
I did a set of 100 today and got 88%. That got me to 1050. My last 350 have Been at 80%. However I have not touched civpro yet. Gonna start those tomorrow.

Also,,pretty sure 70% raw is auto pass for the ube
well.. yesterday Adaptibar decided again to test me with 20/50 really hard question (40% less) and my session average dropped to 68%.. is Adaptibar testing my weak areas?
I really hope so because I'm getting incredibly frustrated after getting literally hammered with questions with less than 50% success rate.

Same thing is happening to me, I'm getting peppered with weird property questions and criminal law questions. Not going to let it phase me. Does anyone believe that adaptibar users are not representative of the average bar taker. In other words, if you are getting doing average on adaptibar questions based on the statistics provided, you are probably doing better than the average bar examinee???

Hoping this too -- today I went down to 60%! I've only done 25 and am hoping it comes back up over the course of the day though. But definitely not a fun time for demoralization!

I'm wondering this too. From reading these threads from the past it seems like a lot of people resort to Adaptibar only after an initial failure so I'm wondering if maybe we are in a better place than we think. I climb to a 70 and then the second I get hit with contracts or property it drops

permapress

New

Post by permapress » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:33 pm

does anybody have an adaptibar code i can cop for a $50 discount? thanks in advanced!!

POA

New

Post by POA » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:44 pm

permapress wrote:does anybody have an adaptibar code i can cop for a $50 discount? thanks in advanced!!
Sent you a PM

POA

New

Post by POA » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:46 pm

How much harder/ easier do ppl think the adapti civ pro qs are than barbri??

... right now adapti Civ pro is kicking my ass

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

supervik80

New

Post by supervik80 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:53 am

POA wrote:How much harder/ easier do ppl think the adapti civ pro qs are than barbri??

... right now adapti Civ pro is kicking my ass

I think Adaptibar's questions go deeper into the FRCP than Barbri's, but Barbri's questions are more convoluded and difficult from a reading comprehension standpoint.

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:05 pm

WheatThins wrote:Yea, adaptibar has been very tough lately. Did the 2013 exam and got 76/100, which sounds about right since my average has been in the mid 70s. Going to try to maintain at this point and put some energy into the MEE.
Adaptibar has kicked my ass today and yesterday to the point I'm convinced I'm going to fail. Had been doing solid 75%, today down to 52%. Wondering what the hell I should do. It seems like some of the answers are contradicting themselves, though that obviously can't be the case.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:17 pm

rmhco wrote:
WheatThins wrote:Yea, adaptibar has been very tough lately. Did the 2013 exam and got 76/100, which sounds about right since my average has been in the mid 70s. Going to try to maintain at this point and put some energy into the MEE.
Adaptibar has kicked my ass today and yesterday to the point I'm convinced I'm going to fail. Had been doing solid 75%, today down to 52%. Wondering what the hell I should do. It seems like some of the answers are contradicting themselves, though that obviously can't be the case.
What averages are people focusing on? The overall average contains all of my errors from literally the first week of bar prep, so I've been trying to focus on looking at my daily/weekly averages now to get a better feel for how I'm doing. Which averages are you referring to?

squiggle

Bronze

Post by squiggle » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 pm

rmhco wrote:
Remember that Adaptibar is "adaptive," so you will start getting harder questions in areas that you're scoring high. So 52% doesn't mean 52% overall. It likely means 52% on some difficult questions in areas that you've already shown some mastery. I had the same thing happen to me, and, after looking more closely at the later questions, I realized that these question were harder than the earlier ones in that topic.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:29 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:
rmhco wrote:
What averages are people focusing on? The overall average contains all of my errors from literally the first week of bar prep, so I've been trying to focus on looking at my daily/weekly averages now to get a better feel for how I'm doing. Which averages are you referring to?
I only started using AdaptiBar in the last week or two, after I finished all the BarBri substantive lectures on the MBE topics. Last week my average was 70%, this week it's 59%. I feel extremely fucked.

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:30 pm

squiggle wrote:
rmhco wrote:
Remember that Adaptibar is "adaptive," so you will start getting harder questions in areas that you're scoring high. So 52% doesn't mean 52% overall. It likely means 52% on some difficult questions in areas that you've already shown some mastery. I had the same thing happen to me, and, after looking more closely at the later questions, I realized that these question were harder than the earlier ones in that topic.
Thank you - I for sure feel like I'm getting harder questions in some of the areas I've done well in -- Torts & Con Law specifically. In Civ Pro and Property, which are my weakest subjects, I've been consistently getting questions that have 30-40% correct. To be fair, some with 70%-something correct that I also miss, however!!

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:32 pm

mvp99 wrote:
Rahviveh wrote:
musashino wrote:Holy crap, what's wrong with you guys? :D

I'm at 75.4% and I thought I was a monster lol. Some of you are scoring 80%+? :shock: I mean.. I have an 86% on Torts...

That's essentially an auto-pass in some jurisdictions (most 50% MBE jx's, i think) regardless of how badly you do on the other half of the test.
I did a set of 100 today and got 88%. That got me to 1050. My last 350 have Been at 80%. However I have not touched civpro yet. Gonna start those tomorrow.

Also,,pretty sure 70% raw is auto pass for the ube
well.. yesterday Adaptibar decided again to test me with 20/50 really hard question (40% less) and my session average dropped to 68%.. is Adaptibar testing my weak areas?
I ended up going back to 77% last night. I had way too many difficult questions back to back.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:17 pm

I realize that a ton (and probably a large majority of people) pass without using Adaptibar...but everyday I question more and more how its possible. I've learned a TON of rules in Adaptibar that Barbri never touched, so much so that I feel like I'm studying an entire course of material from barbi and entire course of material from Adaptibar that Barbri never covered. Does anyone feel like this? I did well on Barbi's Simulated MBE and am religiously answering and reviewing all of Adaptibar's questions and still feel uncertain that I will pass, but I'm frustrated because I feel like had I never looked into Adaptibar I would be feeling confident right now based solely on Barbri instead of doubting because of Adaptibar averages..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

supervik80

New

Post by supervik80 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:40 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:I realize that a ton (and probably a large majority of people) pass without using Adaptibar...but everyday I question more and more how its possible. I've learned a TON of rules in Adaptibar that Barbri never touched, so much so that I feel like I'm studying an entire course of material from barbi and entire course of material from Adaptibar that Barbri never covered. Does anyone feel like this? I did well on Barbi's Simulated MBE and am religiously answering and reviewing all of Adaptibar's questions and still feel uncertain that I will pass, but I'm frustrated because I feel like had I never looked into Adaptibar I would be feeling confident right now based solely on Barbri instead of doubting because of Adaptibar averages..
This is my second bar exam. I passed california without adaptibar, and I'm now studying for virginia with adaptibar.

I think Barbri's goal in all of their prep is not to make you perfect, but to make you an average bar taker. By being an average bar taker, in most jurisdictions you will pass the bar. So in terms of their MBE coverage, they are trying to get you to roughly a 140 scaled. Adaptibar on the other hand, by virtue of its adaptive technology, is seeking to go for mastery of the MBE topics. Mastery is not required for the bar exam.

WheatThins

Bronze

Post by WheatThins » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Has anyone taken the oldest adaptibar exam, 2006 I think? I just took it and it was significantly easier than the barbri simulated mbe and the practice questions. Ended up with a score way way above any other practice test. Hoping that its reflective of where I'm at, but not very confident in the old tests.

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Is Adaptibar screwing with me now too or am I fucked? Went from mid-70's to freaking 52% today, terrified I've just forgotten how to apply everything

WheatThins

Bronze

Post by WheatThins » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:22 pm

rmhco wrote:Is Adaptibar screwing with me now too or am I fucked? Went from mid-70's to freaking 52% today, terrified I've just forgotten how to apply everything
Just chill. I have been getting low scores on adaptibar, and then went back and retook one of the old 100 question exams I took in June and was getting questions right. If you're in the mid 70s, you're totally fine here.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:19 pm

rmhco wrote:Is Adaptibar screwing with me now too or am I fucked? Went from mid-70's to freaking 52% today, terrified I've just forgotten how to apply everything

Yeah it's annoying me. It spits really hard questions at you repeatedly toward the end. Just remember that while you may have just 30 contracts questions on adaptive - more than 20 of them were likely above average difficulty. You have 28 contract questions on game day. Not all of those (or even the majority) are going to be 10/10 difficulty

The last set of property questions I did I swear I got 10 questions in a row where less than half got the question. Focus on your average in the past performance table, that's what counts

resipsajob

New

Post by resipsajob » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Note, as I have experienced firsthand, sometimes the Past Performance Table will screw with your head as well. I suspect it is owing to the adaptive-aspect of the way it spits questions at you. I have spent the last few days agonizing over this turn of events:

http://i.imgur.com/A0CzK8T.jpg

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:41 pm

resipsajob wrote:Note, as I have experienced firsthand, sometimes the Past Performance Table will screw with your head as well. I suspect it is owing to the adaptive-aspect of the way it spits questions at you. I have spent the last few days agonizing over this turn of events:

Ughhh I don't want to see that on mine, but remember their Civ Pro questions are unreliable and the rest of your scores are pretty consistently passing!!

resipsajob

New

Post by resipsajob » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:05 pm

rmhco wrote:
resipsajob wrote:Note, as I have experienced firsthand, sometimes the Past Performance Table will screw with your head as well. I suspect it is owing to the adaptive-aspect of the way it spits questions at you. I have spent the last few days agonizing over this turn of events:

Ughhh I don't want to see that on mine, but remember their Civ Pro questions are unreliable and the rest of your scores are pretty consistently passing!!
Yeah the Civ Pro score is a bit skewed, somewhere in there I stopped doing their questions entirely. Only did a handful.

Kind of wish the bar exam was on 7/10, though. :lol:

Edit: And I'm at 80% for my last 200. Still feel pretty shaky owing to that early-July dip, but am hoping that most of it can be blamed on getting harder questions. Of the 3 exams I took, my scores were 82%, 85% and 86%. So even if my Civ Pro is shaky, I'm hoping I have enough cushion.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JoeySkoko

New

Post by JoeySkoko » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:33 pm

resipsajob wrote:
Edit: And I'm at 80% for my last 200. Still feel pretty shaky owing to that early-July dip, but am hoping that most of it can be blamed on getting harder questions. Of the 3 exams I took, my scores were 82%, 85% and 86%. So even if my Civ Pro is shaky, I'm hoping I have enough cushion.
dude, relax, you're going to kill it with those stats.

resipsajob

New

Post by resipsajob » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:38 pm

JoeySkoko wrote:
resipsajob wrote:
dude, relax, you're going to kill it with those stats.
Thanks, I'm sure you've been in the position though. There are a thousand reasons why the stats aren't a true representation, from "yes, but you're trending down" to the always-helpful "that was a fluke" excuse.

That said, a "dude, relax" is helpful. Thanks again.

Sorry to hijack the thread. My chief aim was just to say to anyone else experiencing the sudden onslaught of difficult questions that I'm hitting the same thing.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:45 pm

can I ask, are you using Barbri also? if so how do your stats compare? I don't know what to make of Adaptibar %s. I'm JUST at a 70% overall which is not good...but I was above 80th percentile on the Barbri Simulated MBE..its frustrating because I got to Adaptibar with the thought process of "Barbri is impossible and I'll see better scores on this"...and now Adaptibar has just caused me to doubt..I don't know why I have such a discrepancy but I feel like I don't have a sense of where I actually stand.

JoeySkoko

New

Post by JoeySkoko » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:48 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:

can I ask, are you using Barbri also? if so how do your stats compare? I don't know what to make of Adaptibar %s. I'm JUST at a 70% overall which is not good...but I was above 80th percentile on the Barbri Simulated MBE..its frustrating because I got to Adaptibar with the thought process of "Barbri is impossible and I'll see better scores on this"...and now Adaptibar has just caused me to doubt..I don't know why I have such a discrepancy but I feel like I don't have a sense of where I actually stand.
Im doing both.

I average 74% on Adaptibar, and got a 145 on the simulated BarBri exam. I only got about 63/100 on the Refresher though, and I am not doing the Full day final exam.

I don't think Adaptibar is as easy compared to BarBri as people say. That said the "average" is apparently 63% nationally?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”