Panicking Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
blaze1306

Bronze

Re: Panicking

Post by blaze1306 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:22 am

There have been so many deadlines in this crazy career. LSAT, fist day of class, first final, last final and now the UBE bar exam. This wont be the end of those stressful deadlines but hopefully the beginning of a new chapter. Countdown=11 days.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:55 pm

blaze1306 wrote:There have been so many deadlines in this crazy career. LSAT, fist day of class, first final, last final and now the UBE bar exam. This wont be the end of those stressful deadlines but hopefully the beginning of a new chapter. Countdown=11 days.
Good luck! Its like your final final!

ironbmike

Bronze

Post by ironbmike » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:01 pm

10 days! I don't feel ready!

teabreeze

New

Post by teabreeze » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:00 pm

ironbmike wrote:10 days! I don't feel ready!
Right there with you man.

I had a moment of self-hate this morning when I could not stop getting mbe questions wrong.

Gotta look at the forest, though. And keep working hard and smart til the end.

HonestAdvice

Bronze

Post by HonestAdvice » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:28 pm

I didn't get to study much due to work, moving and some personal crap. The day before the bar, I recorded myself reading every law onto a buncha CD's, and played them all as I drove 8 hours to the test center. It was really helpful for memorizing, and how I memorized everything. My AC was broken so I had to open the windows and blast the CD's. I had thought my mic was broken so had yelled each law at the top of my lungs when recording, but it turned out the mic was fine. So all the other cars heard me blasting an audibly stressed out man yelling random laws, and I got a lot of wtf looks like I was on my way to pull a Columbine and a trooper tailed me for like 40 miles, but it was really effective and something I'd recommend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:05 pm

It was easy to study weeks ago....now that we are only a few days away why am I finding it hard to motivate myself? I have put in work since February studying almost everyday now why cant I get my self in gear and finish strong?

ironbmike

Bronze

Post by ironbmike » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:53 pm

HonestAdvice wrote:I didn't get to study much due to work, moving and some personal crap. The day before the bar, I recorded myself reading every law onto a buncha CD's, and played them all as I drove 8 hours to the test center. It was really helpful for memorizing, and how I memorized everything. My AC was broken so I had to open the windows and blast the CD's. I had thought my mic was broken so had yelled each law at the top of my lungs when recording, but it turned out the mic was fine. So all the other cars heard me blasting an audibly stressed out man yelling random laws, and I got a lot of wtf looks like I was on my way to pull a Columbine and a trooper tailed me for like 40 miles, but it was really effective and something I'd recommend.
lmao :lol: What software did you use to record? I've got a long drive too, and I might want to do this.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:49 am

blaze1306 wrote:It was easy to study weeks ago....now that we are only a few days away why am I finding it hard to motivate myself? I have put in work since February studying almost everyday now why cant I get my self in gear and finish strong?
have you taken a personal day at all? I know people suggested that you do that, but I can't remember if you did.

Even if you did, take another day, or half day at least. You have 9 days. You have at least 200 hours before the bar exam. Take a few of those to just veg out and do something that relaxes you. If you're finding motivation hard, it may be burn out.

0lol

New

Post by 0lol » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:50 am

ugh i hate MEMORIZING all these BS non-MBE subjects

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:44 am

rcharter1978 wrote:
blaze1306 wrote:It was easy to study weeks ago....now that we are only a few days away why am I finding it hard to motivate myself? I have put in work since February studying almost everyday now why cant I get my self in gear and finish strong?
have you taken a personal day at all? I know people suggested that you do that, but I can't remember if you did.

Even if you did, take another day, or half day at least. You have 9 days. You have at least 200 hours before the bar exam. Take a few of those to just veg out and do something that relaxes you. If you're finding motivation hard, it may be burn out.
I feel like that's all I'm doing is taking time off...I know its not true, it just seems like every waking hour I could be studying. I also know the empirical evidence shows constant studying does NOT yield results. Studying with breaks and allowing the brain to absorb the information is a good learning technique I guess I am just frustrated and ready to do something, anything ...even if it is fail lets get on with it!

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:08 pm

blaze1306 wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

I feel like that's all I'm doing is taking time off...I know its not true, it just seems like every waking hour I could be studying. I also know the empirical evidence shows constant studying does NOT yield results. Studying with breaks and allowing the brain to absorb the information is a good learning technique I guess I am just frustrated and ready to do something, anything ...even if it is fail lets get on with it!
Yep! I remember that feeling. I think you are likely too hard on yourself, do what you can. I personally think you should take a full day off, but it really seems like you don't want to, and I know how that feels with 9 days going in.

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Exactly 7 days... :oops:

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:18 pm

blaze1306 wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

This. If anything honestly this week I've slowed down. Doing about 75-100 MBE questions, 6-8 essays, and a few flashcards, and I feel like I'm retaining new information so much better. I've obviously not passed the bar, but I feel calmer than I did 2 weeks ago. Last night I even went to a last minute concert and was feeling really crazy for going, but I left at 7:30 and realized I'd done BarBri's plan plus some extra MBE's already. The last 2-3 weeks I was pulling consistent 10-12 hour days (I realize a lot of people are consistently doing a lot more than that on a "slow day," tbh!). This week I've been trying to re-set my sleep schedule, go on a few walks when the weather is cooler, and generally center myself. This could be terrible advice, but it really does feel like the info creeping in is getting better. For me, the essays have also been a really effective way to learn the law. I don't outline, I write them all out, and probably 1/2-1/3 time do it open book and practice writing out the laws to the MEE subjects specifically.

I hope this works out for me ... it feels like a way to combat a bit of my burnout while still being productive. It also feels like what I just wrote is kind of a long justification so hopefully the first part is true :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:25 pm

rmhco wrote:
blaze1306 wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

This. If anything honestly this week I've slowed down. Doing about 75-100 MBE questions, 6-8 essays, and a few flashcards, and I feel like I'm retaining new information so much better. I've obviously not passed the bar, but I feel calmer than I did 2 weeks ago. Last night I even went to a last minute concert and was feeling really crazy for going, but I left at 7:30 and realized I'd done BarBri's plan plus some extra MBE's already. The last 2-3 weeks I was pulling consistent 10-12 hour days (I realize a lot of people are consistently doing a lot more than that on a "slow day," tbh!). This week I've been trying to re-set my sleep schedule, go on a few walks when the weather is cooler, and generally center myself. This could be terrible advice, but it really does feel like the info creeping in is getting better. For me, the essays have also been a really effective way to learn the law. I don't outline, I write them all out, and probably 1/2-1/3 time do it open book and practice writing out the laws to the MEE subjects specifically.

I hope this works out for me ... it feels like a way to combat a bit of my burnout while still being productive. It also feels like what I just wrote is kind of a long justification so hopefully the first part is true :lol:

I cant do the 10-12 hour days, I work and have a family. But I have been studying almost everyday since February...slow and steady. Just like a lot of people I feel really good about some subjects and terrified by others, but like you the learning part is over. Now I do 100 mbe everyday and go over essay topics and trusting the enormous time I have put in already. I don't know how these other people do the long cram sessions, that never works for me. I feel lucky I started so early, I hope it pays off.

HonestAdvice

Bronze

Post by HonestAdvice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:44 pm

ironbmike wrote:
HonestAdvice wrote:I didn't get to study much due to work, moving and some personal crap. The day before the bar, I recorded myself reading every law onto a buncha CD's, and played them all as I drove 8 hours to the test center. It was really helpful for memorizing, and how I memorized everything. My AC was broken so I had to open the windows and blast the CD's. I had thought my mic was broken so had yelled each law at the top of my lungs when recording, but it turned out the mic was fine. So all the other cars heard me blasting an audibly stressed out man yelling random laws, and I got a lot of wtf looks like I was on my way to pull a Columbine and a trooper tailed me for like 40 miles, but it was really effective and something I'd recommend.
lmao :lol: What software did you use to record? I've got a long drive too, and I might want to do this.
Garage band. I was staying with family at the time, and my 10 y/o niece who is something of a child prodigy wanted attention so was testing me a lot that final week. Her memory is much better than mine so I shit you not - she'd probably pass, but my family wasn't too pleased when I was off in Thailand and she was explaining the felony murder rule to every person she saw.

lawschoolwoohoo

Bronze

Post by lawschoolwoohoo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Completely panicking. I've been getting 80% or above on all adaptibars, at least 65% on all barbri question sets (139/200 on Barbri MSE, 64/100 on Barbri Refresher), done the vast majority of the barbri essay book (will have done all essays by close of day Friday), practiced about 8 MPTs, yet still am so scared I am going to fail. I don't know what else to do and am completely burning out. GA pass rate has been so low recently, I have no idea how I'm going to pass.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:41 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote:Completely panicking. I've been getting 80% or above on all adaptibars, at least 65% on all barbri question sets (139/200 on Barbri MSE, 64/100 on Barbri Refresher), done the vast majority of the barbri essay book (will have done all essays by close of day Friday), practiced about 8 MPTs, yet still am so scared I am going to fail. I don't know what else to do and am completely burning out. GA pass rate has been so low recently, I have no idea how I'm going to pass.
Breathe. You are not going to fail. I have similar status to you (besides lower on Adaptibar) and I too have the same fears so I have been working on rational thinking. We have not underperformed on any assignment thus far as prep finishes up - why would we on game day? The only logical reason would be that we mentally freak ourselves out. Luckily, we have complete control over our ability to stay calm. we need to do exactly what we have been doing (and are clearly more than capable of doing) just one more time on those two days. Ball is in our court. You can't be any more prepared. Do what you clearly know how to do, the rest will fall into place.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:44 pm

Well the panicking is over and all that's left is acceptance. What ever happens...happens I have put in the work hopefully it pays off.

Lets do this "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”