Pennsylvania C&F Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
caveman2

Bronze

Pennsylvania C&F

Post by caveman2 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Can anyone share any personal stories about C&F limbo in Pennsylvania? I passed the bar but have not cleared C&F yet; my score envelope said my investigation was still pending. I called Tracy, my C&F investigator lady, and she said my file had been bumped to the "next level" where they are essentially deciding if I'm going to have to have a hearing or not. I asked how long it would take to hear from them about that, and she said it could be "awhile." I said how long is awhile, a couple of months? She said "Could be, there's just no way to know." Scores were released April 8, so I'm pushing two months now waiting to hear about this. Has anyone been in this similar situation or known someone who has? PLEASE share any knowledge you have about this process and how long it takes, and in what situations this "next level" of C&F people require you to have or not have a hearing. I'm just getting so frustrated and depressed with the waiting and not knowing anything or what I should expect. I've had to take a stupid part time cashier job in the meantime to get by, and I'm feeling really low about my life right now.

psu2016

Bronze

Re: Pennsylvania C&F

Post by psu2016 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Sorry I don' t have better news, but a friend of mine got caught in PA CF limbo and wasn't barred until October of the next year (i.e. passed in July 2014, barred October 2015).

caveman2

Bronze

Post by caveman2 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:43 pm

psu2016 wrote:Sorry I don' t have better news, but a friend of mine got caught in PA CF limbo and wasn't barred until October of the next year (i.e. passed in July 2014, barred October 2015).
I'm assuming your friend ended up having a hearing?

psu2016

Bronze

Post by psu2016 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Yeah, he did. And it took a while, but I am not sure of the entire timeline. All I know is he was waiting tables for over a year, extremely unhappy about, never found a job, and left the state to go to something not relevant to law after all that.

caveman2

Bronze

Post by caveman2 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:17 pm

psu2016 wrote:Yeah, he did. And it took a while, but I am not sure of the entire timeline. All I know is he was waiting tables for over a year, extremely unhappy about, never found a job, and left the state to go to something not relevant to law after all that.
What was his C&F issue, if you can share that?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Mon May 30, 2016 3:33 pm

caveman2 wrote:Can anyone share any personal stories about C&F limbo in Pennsylvania? I passed the bar but have not cleared C&F yet; my score envelope said my investigation was still pending. I called Tracy, my C&F investigator lady, and she said my file had been bumped to the "next level" where they are essentially deciding if I'm going to have to have a hearing or not. I asked how long it would take to hear from them about that, and she said it could be "awhile." I said how long is awhile, a couple of months? She said "Could be, there's just no way to know." Scores were released April 8, so I'm pushing two months now waiting to hear about this. Has anyone been in this similar situation or known someone who has? PLEASE share any knowledge you have about this process and how long it takes, and in what situations this "next level" of C&F people require you to have or not have a hearing. I'm just getting so frustrated and depressed with the waiting and not knowing anything or what I should expect. I've had to take a stupid part time cashier job in the meantime to get by, and I'm feeling really low about my life right now.
Are you more worried about the timeframe and how long it will take, or are you worried that your "issue" will keep you from being barred?
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caveman2

Bronze

Post by caveman2 » Mon May 30, 2016 6:28 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
caveman2 wrote:Can anyone share any personal stories about C&F limbo in Pennsylvania? I passed the bar but have not cleared C&F yet; my score envelope said my investigation was still pending. I called Tracy, my C&F investigator lady, and she said my file had been bumped to the "next level" where they are essentially deciding if I'm going to have to have a hearing or not. I asked how long it would take to hear from them about that, and she said it could be "awhile." I said how long is awhile, a couple of months? She said "Could be, there's just no way to know." Scores were released April 8, so I'm pushing two months now waiting to hear about this. Has anyone been in this similar situation or known someone who has? PLEASE share any knowledge you have about this process and how long it takes, and in what situations this "next level" of C&F people require you to have or not have a hearing. I'm just getting so frustrated and depressed with the waiting and not knowing anything or what I should expect. I've had to take a stupid part time cashier job in the meantime to get by, and I'm feeling really low about my life right now.
Are you more worried about the timeframe and how long it will take, or are you worried that your "issue" will keep you from being barred?
Both. I submitted a lot of good supplementary materials with my application, plus it's been over 4 years since my misbehavior, so I'm hopeful I won't end up having to have a hearing. But I'm concerned that even if that's the case, it's still taking them forever to clear me.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Mon May 30, 2016 8:22 pm

I hope your situation is resolved and doesn't require a hearing. However, if it does, do you plan on hiring a "character and fitness" attorney to assist you with the process and any appeals?

If so, it might be a good idea to start searching for one and talking to one about your situation sooner rather than later.

There is a lot of info on here about Californa CF attorneys and the process. Not sure about PA.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caveman2

Bronze

Post by caveman2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:14 am

kellyfrost wrote:I hope your situation is resolved and doesn't require a hearing. However, if it does, do you plan on hiring a "character and fitness" attorney to assist you with the process and any appeals?

If so, it might be a good idea to start searching for one and talking to one about your situation sooner rather than later.

There is a lot of info on here about Californa CF attorneys and the process. Not sure about PA.
Yes, I am going to hire an attorney if necessary.

MarkPALAW

New

Post by MarkPALAW » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:19 pm

How did everything go for you? Are you barred in PA? If so, could you share what the experience was like if you needed a hearing?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”