Cali bar exam and working Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
waxecstatic

Bronze

Cali bar exam and working

Post by waxecstatic » Tue May 17, 2016 9:26 pm

I took and passed the Massachusetts bar exam for July 2015. I have decided tho that I'm not really feeling living out here any longer having lived out here all my life and would like to go to the west coast. I haven't signed up for Cali yet but I'm thinking about taking it in July. There'd be virtually no pressure (my biggest impediment to passing) and I just feel as though the risk is worth it. I'm working right now but only doing doc review. Would it be possible to study for the cali bar and work? Anyone done this?

Thanks.

simonlin

New

Re: Cali bar exam and working

Post by simonlin » Wed May 18, 2016 4:19 pm

It's totally doable. I followed this, with some slight variations, and passed the first time in February 2016 (http://blakemasters.com/post/3711346829 ... -100-hours).

I got my law degree in Canada and studied in the evenings while working full-time. This was my first US bar exam.

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Post by gaddockteeg » Thu May 19, 2016 1:55 pm

simonlin wrote:It's totally doable. I followed this, with some slight variations, and passed the first time in February 2016 (http://blakemasters.com/post/3711346829 ... -100-hours).

I got my law degree in Canada and studied in the evenings while working full-time. This was my first US bar exam.
Nice, when did you start studying? I'm considering this for another state. Current big law associate with limited time, don't want to take any time off aside from actually taking the exam.

simonlin

New

Post by simonlin » Thu May 19, 2016 3:30 pm

I gathered the materials I believe I needed prior to applying to write the bar.

I started the day after I applied to take the California Bar. I believe I applied on the last day before they started charging a "late fee".

I mostly studied in the evenings for about 2 hours and the biggest chunk of time was during the Christmas holidays.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”