Vermont Bar Preparation Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Pinks_Lawyer

New

Vermont Bar Preparation

Post by Pinks_Lawyer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi All

Just got approved from the Vermont Board to apply to sit for the bar, need some advise if its too short of a time to sit for the July or February bar next year. Also with experience which study plan should I follow (Kaplan or Barbri etc). Finally I am looking for help to find material to understand the scope of material I need to study and am hitting a dead end. I live in a different state or would have walked up to the bar association and asked these questions. I appreciate the support. Thanks
Last edited by Pinks_Lawyer on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Re: Vermont Bar Preperation

Post by kellyfrost » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Pinks_Lawyer wrote:Hi All

Just got approved from the Vermont Board to apply to sit for the bar, need some advise if its too short of a time to sit for the July or February bar next year. Also with experience which study plan should I follow (Kaplan or Barbri etc). Finally I am looking for help to find material to understand the scope of material I need to study and am hitting a dead end. I live in a different state or would have walked up to the bar association and asked these questions. I appreciate the support. Thanks
Not sure. Wish I could be of more help.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinks_Lawyer

New

Re: Vermont Bar Preparation

Post by Pinks_Lawyer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:41 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
Pinks_Lawyer wrote:Hi All

Not sure. Wish I could be of more help.
No Worries Kelly, I appreciate the prompt response though. Thanks
Last edited by Pinks_Lawyer on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VTgrrrrl

New

Post by VTgrrrrl » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:59 pm

The July 2016 exam will be the UBE, so there will be no VT specific essays as in the past. That said, I used Barbri (our only choice for VT material) and Adaptibar and passed the July 2015 exam. However, your you should look in a UBE specific forum to see what others think is the best for that exam. Oh, and can you correct the spelling of 'preparation' in the forum title? :wink:

Pinks_Lawyer

New

Post by Pinks_Lawyer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:23 pm

VTgrrrrl wrote:The July 2016 exam will be the UBE, so there will be no VT specific essays as in the past. That said, I used Barbri (our only choice for VT material) and Adaptibar and passed the July 2015 exam. However, your you should look in a UBE specific forum to see what others think is the best for that exam. Oh, and can you correct the spelling of 'preparation' in the forum title? :wink:
First and foremost, thank you for correcting me. This is what happens when you rely a bit too much on auto correct. Please excuse me in advance, if some of my questions come across as obvious or dumb, but as I said I am new to the process and any advise is better than where I currently stand.

1. If one passes the UBE, does that provide you the bar license to VT bar or you also need the MBE.
2. If I use the Barbri material, should I attend a training class or the books are enough to start?
3. Can I use previous editions of Barbri and Adaptibar if I cant afford the new ones?
4. As of now as I don't understand the amount of material I need to study, is it possible to cover the entire study material for the UBE for this July or should I aim for February. I know this is a grey area question, so advise what you can.
5. What is a good source for purchasing the books?

I think these are all I can think as of now, I appreciate the support in answering them. Thanks

Note:- I will search the UBE specific forum right now and see what I can find. Is it generic for all states or specific to states? Come to think of it, I should dig further. I will follow up once I browse further.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pinks_Lawyer

New

Post by Pinks_Lawyer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Pinks_Lawyer wrote:
VTgrrrrl wrote:The July 2016 exam will be the UBE, so there will be no VT specific essays as in the past. That said, I used Barbri (our only choice for VT material) and Adaptibar and passed the July 2015 exam. However, your you should look in a UBE specific forum to see what others think is the best for that exam. Oh, and can you correct the spelling of 'preparation' in the forum title? :wink:
First and foremost, thank you for correcting me. This is what happens when you rely a bit too much on auto correct. Please excuse me in advance, if some of my questions come across as obvious or dumb, but as I said I am new to the process and any advise is better than where I currently stand.

1. If one passes the UBE, does that provide you the bar license to VT bar or you also need the MBE.
2. If I use the Barbri material, should I attend a training class or the books are enough to start?
3. Can I use previous editions of Barbri and Adaptibar if I cant afford the new ones?
4. As of now as I don't understand the amount of material I need to study, is it possible to cover the entire study material for the UBE for this July or should I aim for February. I know this is a grey area question, so advise what you can.
5. What is a good source for purchasing the books?

I think these are all I can think as of now, I appreciate the support in answering them. Thanks

Note:- I will search the UBE specific forum right now and see what I can find. Is it generic for all states or specific to states? Come to think of it, I should dig further. I will follow up once I browse further.
Would you be kind enough to point out which is the UBE specific forum, I have found a few, but I don't think any of them are the correct one (the one that matters). Thanks in advance

VTgrrrrl

New

Post by VTgrrrrl » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Maybe this link will help: http://www.ncbex.org/exams/ube/

1. For Vermont, all you will need is the UBE. You should thoroughly read the materials on the Vermont Judiciary website though: https://www.vermontjudiciary.org/LC/bbe.aspx
2. I can't offer an opinion on the Barbri training classes. I used the online video option for classes.
3. Again, I don't feel qualified to answer whether you could use previous editions of the study materials.
4. Most people don't start studying until after their typical law school graduation, which is next month. You should have enough study time to sit for July provided studying is your sole focus.
5. Usually one purchases the books from the study company itself.

I hope that is somewhat helpful. As for UBE forums, I haven't looked, so there may well not be any. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”