Maryland bar prep company for out-of-state first time taker? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
CAteacherguy

New

Maryland bar prep company for out-of-state first time taker?

Post by CAteacherguy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm a 3L from California planning to take the Maryland bar in July and I would like to decide which bar prep company I'm going with in the next few days. I'm a fairly good law school test taker, but I am slightly concerned that I haven't learned any Maryland law in law school. I'm mostly considering Themis and Barbri, but I am also curious about Shermer. I will likely be living in either DC or Silver Spring (i.e., not close enough to go to in-person classes in Baltimore) while I prep for the exam.

3|ink

Platinum

Re: Maryland bar prep company for out-of-state first time taker?

Post by 3|ink » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:37 am

I wouldn't take any bar prep class that doesn't stream at 2x.

kateebee

New

Re: Maryland bar prep company for out-of-state first time taker?

Post by kateebee » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Shemer has incredible stats for the Maryland exam. I didn't use them but I would probably recommend it to an out-of-state taker based on their MD-centric course. I took Themis. It wasn't fabulous but it was okay and the price was good. Let you know in a few days if I passed, haha.

ETA: Passed with 152 scaled on the MBE after completing just about 80% of the course. Still would give Themis only slightly more than a lukewarm review.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”