MA BAR EXAM WAITING Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
aperfectmap

New

Re: MA BAR EXAM WAITING

Post by aperfectmap » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:35 pm

Passed in the Hartford, CT area. (Got my results Saturday but was out of town until this morning). 174 MBE (155 raw BarBri midterm), 180 essays. Think I overdid the studying a little but happy to be done nonetheless.

despina

Bronze

Post by despina » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:37 pm

aperfectmap wrote:Passed in the Hartford, CT area. (Got my results Saturday but was out of town until this morning). 174 MBE (155 raw BarBri midterm), 180 essays. Think I overdid the studying a little but happy to be done nonetheless.
Dayum, congrats!

jamesm722

New

Post by jamesm722 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:48 pm

so are the names going to be published at midnight or whenever they feel like it tomorrow?

jamesm722

New

Post by jamesm722 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Still didn't get any mail, but checked the website and passed. Pretty happy because I didn't spend a single minute studying for MA and only studied for NY. Also, my computer crashed and I had to handwrite 4 essays and only had a total of 20 minutes for the last 2 essays. Hoping it means my MBE is solid

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mavsstar10

New

Post by Mavsstar10 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but the list only consists of those passing the written section?

YouAreBeautiful

New

Post by YouAreBeautiful » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Mavsstar10 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but the list only consists of those passing the written section?
The list includes everyone who passed the Massachusetts Bar Exam based on their scores from the MBE and the Essays. If a name is not on the list, that person did not pass the bar exam.

Mavsstar10

New

Post by Mavsstar10 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 pm

YouAreBeautiful wrote:
Mavsstar10 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but the list only consists of those passing the written section?
The list includes everyone who passed the Massachusetts Bar Exam based on their scores from the MBE and the Essays. If a name is not on the list, that person did not pass the bar exam.

So what does this mean... "The applicants listed below have passed the written portion of the July 2015 bar examination, which is one part of the necessary qualifications for admission to the Massachusetts Bar. If no objection is made, they may be recommended to the Supreme Judicial Court for admission"

YouAreBeautiful

New

Post by YouAreBeautiful » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:18 pm

Mavsstar10 wrote:
YouAreBeautiful wrote:

So what does this mean... "The applicants listed below have passed the written portion of the July 2015 bar examination, which is one part of the necessary qualifications for admission to the Massachusetts Bar. If no objection is made, they may be recommended to the Supreme Judicial Court for admission"
The second part is the character and fitness. If not objection is made to the character or fitness of an applicant who has passed the bar examination he or she may be sworn in to the Massachusetts Bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mrs_featherbottom

New

Post by mrs_featherbottom » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Did anyone else get a notice about their admission date? I got that today but still haven't gotten the initial letter with my score...

jamesm722

New

Post by jamesm722 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Did everyone get their ceremony letter? I haven't received mine and I was told that we are supposed to RSVP by Monday. I'm just going to call tomorrow I guess.

ionoiforgot

New

Post by ionoiforgot » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:14 pm

For those waiting on the letter on what day they're being sworn in:

The SJC assumes you will attend the date listed. You only have to respond IF you:

(1) have change of address
(2) will NOT attend and want instead to swear in via alternative process
(3) will NOT bring the allotted 4 guests [so they can try to get more space available/out]
(4) want your bar card to not say "year of our Lord" and just say instead "year of"

Hope that helps.
See y'all at the swearing in! [I got 19th (Thursday)]

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”