NJ Waiters July 2015 (Results) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hermione0901

New

Re: NJ Waiters July 2015 (no news yet)

Post by hermione0901 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Question for those who passed: if we get sworn in, like, tomorrow, are we good to practice law without supervision? Or do we still need someone else there until we get our actual attorney ID numbers?

chestnutbrowncanary

New

Post by chestnutbrowncanary » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:56 pm

111aaa wrote:Failed, 125.2 MBE score and 132.6 essay scores for a combined score of 129. Disappointed, but I survived learning that I failed New York so I'll survive this news as well.
wait how do you know your scores?

cmblack

New

Post by cmblack » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:01 pm

hermione0901 wrote:Question for those who passed: if we get sworn in, like, tomorrow, are we good to practice law without supervision? Or do we still need someone else there until we get our actual attorney ID numbers?
I would check what your letter of admission says. I know in PA we technically weren't supposed to do anything or sign anything until we had our numbers - but a lot of judges in my courthouse were fine with you appearing (as long as your weren't a solo prac). I would err on the side of caution though.

That said, PA gave me my number two days after I sent my stuff in, and NJ has sucked this far, so I would expect your number, if you swear in today, by February at the earliest.

111aaa

New

Post by 111aaa » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:03 pm

chestnutbrowncanary wrote:
111aaa wrote:Failed, 125.2 MBE score and 132.6 essay scores for a combined score of 129. Disappointed, but I survived learning that I failed New York so I'll survive this news as well.
wait how do you know your scores?
It says it if you fail.

Hardworkpays

New

Post by Hardworkpays » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Long time lurker... Passed NJ after 8 years working in the corporate world. Had to relearn all of the subjects on my own with online lectures. Studied for 6 months straight. 8-10 hours a day. Adaptibar was very helpful. Didn't pass NY but will retake it. To all those who failed keep working hard it will happen. I failed the bar twice after law school and left the field. I have a new vigor for law and I'm feeling great after passing NJ. Keep working hard and it will pay off!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ricking1288

New

Post by ricking1288 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Passed!

bartkr

New

Post by bartkr » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Hardworkpays wrote:Long time lurker... Passed NJ after 8 years working in the corporate world. Had to relearn all of the subjects on my own with online lectures. Studied for 6 months straight. 8-10 hours a day. Adaptibar was very helpful. Didn't pass NY but will retake it. To all those who failed keep working hard it will happen. I failed the bar twice after law school and left the field. I have a new vigor for law and I'm feeling great after passing NJ. Keep working hard and it will pay off!!!!
This is inspiring! Awesome job, best of luck to you!

Hardworkpays

New

Post by Hardworkpays » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Thanks bartkr! Same to you!

rogismom

New

Post by rogismom » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Woooo passed! Last name B. Applicant ID 166**.

C&F done

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Passed all parts. No email.

SemperLegal

Silver

Re: NJ Waiters July 2015 (Results)

Post by SemperLegal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:51 pm

Sworn.

abergavenny

New

Post by abergavenny » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Passed. 141.4 MBE from NY. Cleared for admission. So glad both NY and NJ is cleared up. Last name O.

JudgeFred

New

Post by JudgeFred » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:03 pm

The final big "F-U" from Jersey - I officially never got an e-mail saying my results were up. Who else?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:49 pm

So if our C&F did not go through, and there are no items that the C&F committee is missing, what exactly does this mean? Have they not even looked at our C&F application? Are we going to have to jump through the hoops of a C&F hearing?

Additionally, are you folks who didn't get through C&F and have no missing docs just sitting back and waiting for correspondence at this point (website says we should wait two weeks if nothing is listed)? Or rather, are you emailing your reviewer tonight to see whats up?

boringlisa

New

Post by boringlisa » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:02 pm

First time taker. English as second language. Passed both NY and NJ with 139.1 MBE. Wohooo!

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Kage3212 wrote:So if our C&F did not go through, and there are no items that the C&F committee is missing, what exactly does this mean? Have they not even looked at our C&F application? Are we going to have to jump through the hoops of a C&F hearing?

Additionally, are you folks who didn't get through C&F and have no missing docs just sitting back and waiting for correspondence at this point (website says we should wait two weeks if nothing is listed)? Or rather, are you emailing your reviewer tonight to see whats up?
I messaged through the user home page
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Kage3212 wrote:So if our C&F did not go through, and there are no items that the C&F committee is missing, what exactly does this mean? Have they not even looked at our C&F application? Are we going to have to jump through the hoops of a C&F hearing?

I recall seeing in an old thread that people who are held get a more specific letter in a few days.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SA2014

New

Post by SA2014 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:22 pm

Sooo, spoke with a lady at BOBE. The procedure is to take the Oath, then send it in to BOBE to be scanned, wait a week or so until they update the system webpage to add our names as admitted attorneys. We're missing something. Aren't there are attorney registration fees to be paid? or does that come way later? Can't imagine NJ giving up the chance to soak us for license fees.

bartkr

New

Post by bartkr » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:51 pm

For those of you that have C&F pending, did you receive a notice saying so? I haven't received any communication so just want to make sure I'm all set. I got a letter saying register for the ceremony so I'm assuming thats all I have to do.

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:18 am

SA2014 wrote:Sooo, spoke with a lady at BOBE. The procedure is to take the Oath, then send it in to BOBE to be scanned, wait a week or so until they update the system webpage to add our names as admitted attorneys. We're missing something. Aren't there are attorney registration fees to be paid? or does that come way later? Can't imagine NJ giving up the chance to soak us for license fees.
A lot of fees are waived for this and next year, but when we go online a few weeks post oath, there's a place to pay fees etc.

Mostly, our fees this year were included in bar app, people who don't pass end up paying for nothing

Cscottrun

New

Post by Cscottrun » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:53 am

Is there a public list like NY?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hotsauce23

New

Post by hotsauce23 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Cscottrun wrote:Is there a public list like NY?
eventually

hotsauce23

New

Post by hotsauce23 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:12 pm

received character cert day after results...

AuroraMarija

New

Post by AuroraMarija » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:31 am

So I passed NJ this time around... took it last July and February and failed. I was so excited and relieved that I passed, the feeling was indescribable.

But I had a different person for character and fitness this time, and just before the results came out they emailed me a letter with c&f issues I had to take care of.
One was something that hadn't been asked for before, either of the other 2 times.
My abstract is uploaded, has been for a while, and shows that my license was suspended(DMV lost some medical paperwork then tried to blame me and the doctor and suspended me). The abstract also shows that it's reinstated and I'm in good standing.
Went to the DMV for some letter my reviewer wants and they all looked at me like I'm crazy and said the abstract is enough and there is no letter they can provide.
So now I passed, but I'm still stuck in limbo. Emailed my reviewer as soon as I left the DMV last week, but they have ignored me and not replied to my questions about what to do now that the DMV said what they asked for does not exist..
I really don't want to miss the ceremony for getting sworn in, but I guess it's going to be a while, if ever, before I get sworn in. I really don't know what to do.

AuroraMarija

New

Post by AuroraMarija » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:43 am

Also, to those who failed, don't give up yet.
This time I did things a little differently. Along with my bar program I used Adaptibar, PMBR(an online MBE program from Kaplan), and some flashcards and it helped a lot. Just analyse what your weaknesses were, everyone is different, and change your studying to reflect that, get supplemental materials if you need to-as others have said too, they help. You'll get this as long as you believe you can do it and don't give up.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”