NJ Waiters July 2015 (Results) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
SemperLegal

Silver

NJ Waiters July 2015 (Results)

Post by SemperLegal » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:32 am

Hey, didn't see this thread. I have no news yet, but wanted a place for us to read the tea leaves. My guess is the day before Halloween.

I has anyone heard anything from C&F or the Board since the exam?
Last edited by SemperLegal on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Re: NJ Waiters July 2015 (no news yet)

Post by Danger Zone » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:40 am

Radio silence
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PepsiMinimum

New

Post by PepsiMinimum » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:43 am

Didn't they say mid November?

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:37 pm

SemperLegal wrote:Hey, didn't see this thread. I have no news yet, but wanted a place for us to read the tea leaves. My guess is the day before Halloween.

Yes. You work directly with a c&F attorney who requests docs from you. I've found the c&f process in NJ more unstructured than PA. The c&f attorney basically just requests docs from you that s/he "believes" the character board would like to see. But some of the requests are repetitive from what was already submitted and burdensome to some degree.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:13 pm

LSATclincher wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:Hey, didn't see this thread. I have no news yet, but wanted a place for us to read the tea leaves. My guess is the day before Halloween.

Yes. You work directly with a c&F attorney who requests docs from you. I've found the c&f process in NJ more unstructured than PA. The c&f attorney basically just requests docs from you that s/he "believes" the character board would like to see. But some of the requests are repetitive from what was already submitted and burdensome to some degree.
When does that process start?
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
LSATclincher wrote:

When does that process start?
I heard nothing until the end of August.

dh2010

New

Post by dh2010 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:51 pm

I haven't heard anything from anyone and I submitted my application and all relevant disclosure documents very quickly after the application was available. I hope that's not a bad sign!

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:34 pm

PepsiMinimum wrote:Didn't they say mid November?
Apparently it's very inconsistent between years, but last year it was the end of October

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:35 pm

P.s. Trying to keep the parenthetical in the title to prevent those moments of terror I get when someone bumps the ny thread. Will try to update periodically.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dat209

New

Post by dat209 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:35 pm

There was a freon leak at the building where the NJBoBE is located that resulted in the building being closed for almost a week. (see https://www.njbarexams.org/news.action?id=1040 and http://www.njlawjournal.com/id=12027385 ... 0913153409)

That might make it take a little longer for these results to come out.

TheTraveler

New

Post by TheTraveler » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Today I received an email from the character and fitness committee regarding some errors in my application. At the very least that means they are currently reviewing files.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:03 pm

I've gotten two CLE emails now in the past week. Did I pass?
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whyyy

New

Post by Whyyy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:25 pm

TheTraveler wrote:Today I received an email from the character and fitness committee regarding some errors in my application. At the very least that means they are currently reviewing files.
What errors did you have on your application?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Whyyy

New

Post by Whyyy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Danger Zone wrote:I've gotten two CLE emails now in the past week. Did I pass?
Have you gotten CLE emails in the past or did you just start receiving them?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Whyyy wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:I've gotten two CLE emails now in the past week. Did I pass?
Have you gotten CLE emails in the past or did you just start receiving them?
Just started
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTraveler

New

Post by TheTraveler » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Whyyy wrote:
TheTraveler wrote:Today I received an email from the character and fitness committee regarding some errors in my application. At the very least that means they are currently reviewing files.
Typos. I inadvertently input 2012 instead of 2013. Stuff like that. Email asked me to amend my application.

Whyyy

New

Post by Whyyy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:41 pm

TheTraveler wrote:
Whyyy wrote:
Typos. I inadvertently input 2012 instead of 2013. Stuff like that. Email asked me to amend my application.
Thanks! :)

Have you also received CLE emails?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

500pearl

New

Post by 500pearl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:27 am

friend who took new jersey exam also received email from the assigned reviewing lawyer to clarify an incident in application (this friend received no CLE emails to date)

bartaker15

New

Post by bartaker15 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Anybody heard anything? Starting to get anxious. I see on the website it says results should be out around November 15th, but last year it was right around Halloween.

dietcoke0

Silver

Post by dietcoke0 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:45 pm

To those who have had docs requested, there are two extremely minor things I forgot to get docs for way back when that are so minor (I was adopted before I was a teenager, so my last name changed, and some small school thing that I thought qualified under a prompt) that I disclosed, but never got the supporting docs (honestly, I don't know if I could). When were your requests, cause I don't want to be delayed any longer, and NY's stupid C&F on the backside is daunting. I looked at NY Bar Exam site, and it says that they will request deficiencies, so my guess is they don't need them, since it's nothing to do with my C&F, but more who I am, which I assume the background check takes care of.

superbloom

Bronze

Post by superbloom » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Question that you almost certainly wouldn't be able to answer:

Do they grade first, and then C&F? That is, if people are getting notices, does that mean they passed? Maybe they don't bother with applicants who fail right? Right?

I got a deficiency notice regarding my Drivers Abstract (that was sent in error). Can I read into this, or am I suffering from bar exam-induced insanity?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dietcoke0

Silver

Post by dietcoke0 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:56 pm

My assumption is they do C&F up front, because they require all that in June, and then work out C&F issues while grading. I couldn't imagine them waiting until after results are in, and a new batch of applicants coming up to do C&F.

And did you just now get that deficiency?

superbloom

Bronze

Post by superbloom » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:02 pm

No this was two weeks ago.

Maybe it had something to do with submitted the wrong NJ Drivers Abstract back in May, then corrected it later. Maybe they didn't look at the correct one initially.

dietcoke0

Silver

Post by dietcoke0 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:07 pm

superbloom wrote:No this was two weeks ago.

Maybe it had something to do with submitted the wrong NJ Drivers Abstract back in May, then corrected it later. Maybe they didn't look at the correct one initially.
Interesting. I hate reading the damn tea leaves with this bar crap. Just give me my MBE score and I'll know how to feel by that. Ugh.

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:19 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:
superbloom wrote:No this was two weeks ago.

Interesting. I hate reading the damn tea leaves with this bar crap. Just give me my MBE score and I'll know how to feel by that. Ugh.
Do not read into it too much. I received an email from the C&F person in Sept, and I submitted the docs she requested. She came back and requested even more items from me stating something along the lines of "we understand this may be a burden for you so if you want to wait until you get your results to retrieve the info, we understand."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”