Adaptibar if using Themis? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

Should I use Adaptibar if I already signed up for Themis?

Yes, use both
46%
No, you don't need both
54%

Total votes: 13

bobbypin

Bronze

Adaptibar if using Themis?

Post by bobbypin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:41 am

I am taking the July 2016 bar exam. I have already paid for Themis. But now, I'm wondering if I need Adaptibar too.

Thoughts?

K Rock

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar if using Themis?

Post by K Rock » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:44 am

bobbypin wrote:I am taking the July 2016 bar exam. I have already paid for Themis. But now, I'm wondering if I need Adaptibar too.

Thoughts?
Dude you don't need to start studying until May. Why are you worrying about this now? You can literally pick up Adaptibar any time.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:08 pm

If you do all of Themis MBE questions you'll do well over 2,200 - so no to the adaptibar unless you're literally trying to do 3,000+ questions or something.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:40 pm

I passed a UBE exam (50% MBE 50% essays and MPT grade) and did not use adaptibar. I passed. I do not regret not spending the money on it.

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Themis and Adaptibar both license real NCBE questions, so with Adaptibar you'll be paying for a bunch of questions you already have access to in Themis (although apparently Themis will modify some of them). I know this because a friend who did Themis had seen a LOT of the same questions I saw in Adaptibar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anon sequitur

Silver

Post by anon sequitur » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:51 am

Above poster is correct. I got both Themis and Adaptibar (I had a use it or lose it stipend, so I bought a few things that I didn't really need, just in case).

Themis Adaptibar has a much nicer layout and gives you much more flexibility on how you want to practice your questions. However, their Civ Pro questions were not good (Themis's were, in retrospect, not that great, either, but better). And their explanations were not as complete as Themis' (though for the explanations that Themis makes seem to get worse and worse the further you get into the course). But the biggest issue is that you'd end up duplicating a lot of questions, since they both draw from NCBE retired question bank, except for with Civ Pro.

If I had to take the bar again and pay out of pocket, I'd probably just do Adaptibar and not Themis. If I were doing the bar for the first time, I'd do Themis and not bother with Adaptibar.
Last edited by anon sequitur on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

K Rock

Bronze

Post by K Rock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:06 am

anon sequitur wrote: Themis has a much nicer layout and gives you much more flexibility on how you want to practice your questions. However, their Civ Pro questions were not good (Themis's were, in retrospect, not that great, either, but better). And their explanations were not as complete as Themis' (though for the explanations that Themis makes seem to get worse and worse the further you get into the course). But the biggest issue is that you'd end up duplicating a lot of questions, since they both draw from NCBE retired question bank, except for with Civ Pro.
You mean Adaptibar has a nicer layout?? This paragraph doesn't make sense.

anon sequitur

Silver

Post by anon sequitur » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:11 am

K Rock wrote:
anon sequitur wrote: Themis has a much nicer layout and gives you much more flexibility on how you want to practice your questions. However, their Civ Pro questions were not good (Themis's were, in retrospect, not that great, either, but better). And their explanations were not as complete as Themis' (though for the explanations that Themis makes seem to get worse and worse the further you get into the course). But the biggest issue is that you'd end up duplicating a lot of questions, since they both draw from NCBE retired question bank, except for with Civ Pro.
You mean Adaptibar has a nicer layout?? This paragraph doesn't make sense.
Fixed. Shouldn't post without caffeine.

IamIn

Bronze

Post by IamIn » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:12 pm

I bought both Themis and Adaptibar and had no time to do Adaptibar. I probably a total of 200 Adaptibar questions. I don't think the Adaptibar's layout was nicer, and I did not like their explanations.
I liked though to do Adaptibar questions on my phone when I was away from my computer and had 10-15 minutes to spare.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”