The waiting game. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
trustmouse83

Bronze

The waiting game.

Post by trustmouse83 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:47 am

So now, we all play the waiting game.
How is everyone filling their days?

I personally took NY, and the 2013 July administration results were sent out on the 30th October.
Given that there were even less candidates this year, I wonder if the results will come any earlier.

I've been through this before, and I remember hearing that one of the jurisdictions (I can't remember which) releases the national MBE mean score with their results in the near future, so I guess that will be interesting to see given that the consensus is that this MBE was pretty far out there.

starryski

Bronze

Re: The waiting game.

Post by starryski » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:27 pm

working at a law firm. it sucks. im stressed about work im stressed about the results. been drinking 10xs more.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:14 pm

starryski wrote:working at a law firm. it sucks. im stressed about work im stressed about the results. been drinking 10xs more.
me too. fml :(

bmonroe

New

Post by bmonroe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:12 pm

I personally think that it's a bit to early to play the waiting game. The fact that we have to wait until the end of the year is stressful enough. I also like having hair and being in good health and I refuse to give that up! Lol. Stress kills. We should go live life and make up for all that time we spent studying . Then come October we can start the waiting game.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:43 pm

bmonroe wrote:I personally think that it's a bit to early to play the waiting game. The fact that we have to wait until the end of the year is stressful enough. I also like having hair and being in good health and I refuse to give that up! Lol. Stress kills. We should go live life and make up for all that time we spent studying . Then come October we can start the waiting game.
I don't really think of it in terms that stress me out anymore. I'm eager to get results, but I'm definitely to the point where "it is what it is." I honestly don't think I could have studied any more or any differently, so I won't have any regrets either way. I put everything on the table and I'll either be sworn in or try again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bmonroe

New

Post by bmonroe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:58 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
bmonroe wrote:I personally think that it's a bit to early to play the waiting game. The fact that we have to wait until the end of the year is stressful enough. I also like having hair and being in good health and I refuse to give that up! Lol. Stress kills. We should go live life and make up for all that time we spent studying . Then come October we can start the waiting game.
I don't really think of it in terms that stress me out anymore. I'm eager to get results, but I'm definitely to the point where "it is what it is." I honestly don't think I could have studied any more or any differently, so I won't have any regrets either way. I put everything on the table and I'll either be sworn in or try again.
I agree ! I gave it my all! Hopefully I get out of it what I put into it.

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:37 am

Yeah, well said, I feel the same.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:41 pm

bmonroe wrote: I agree ! I gave it my all! Hopefully I get out of it what I put into it.
Are you a CBXer or do you get your results earlier?

anon180

New

Post by anon180 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Honestly it finally kicked in for me. I didn't think it about it at all after getting home from the exam (albeit I thought about the exam the whole ride home) but it wasn't until today that the "oh gee I wonder how I did" thoughts kicked in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bmonroe

New

Post by bmonroe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:24 am

robinhoodOO wrote:
bmonroe wrote: I agree ! I gave it my all! Hopefully I get out of it what I put into it.
NY EXAM. End of October/Early November for results . So I have a while. :roll:

petepilsh

New

Post by petepilsh » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:33 pm

What makes the people who are waiting for their results really stress and become anxious is when some of the other states start to release their results and you watch the posting on these forums. Some states release them in September and that makes waiting until November very long.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:47 am

bmonroe wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
NY EXAM. End of October/Early November for results . So I have a while. :roll:
Interesting NY doesn't have a set date :?

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:34 am

What NY like to do is to put a post up on the Bole site 24 hours before the results are released to tell everyone that the results will be released in 24 hours!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

starryski

Bronze

Post by starryski » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:02 am

why am i here?!

derklink

New

Post by derklink » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:05 pm

Just one more week until MO results. I am anxious...I should be sending out multiple job applications a day but I feel paralyzed, only surf the internet all day and can't stop thinking about failing. This sucks!

infynyti

New

Post by infynyti » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:39 pm

derklink wrote:Just one more week until MO results. I am anxious...I should be sending out multiple job applications a day but I feel paralyzed, only surf the internet all day and can't stop thinking about failing. This sucks!
Same here. I work at a firm but the work feels meaningless because I feel uncertain about the results. I studied as hard as I could, starting with weekends in May and June, and the entire month of July, every day, morning to night. I did one thousand MBE questions. I'm repeating the test so if I don't make it this time, I'm not sure what to do.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm working already so that keeps my mind off of it sometimes. However, every time my boss or someone else mentions how they can't wait until I get my results back, I feel my stomach flip. I'm usually okay when I get home, but it's tough that everyone at my office don't even consider the fact that I could be retaking.

The good (or extremely horrible) thing is that I should get my results within the next month or so--maybe even earlier.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ineptimusprime

Bronze

Post by ineptimusprime » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:50 am

The money is nice, but working at a firm doing law stuff without results makes it hard to keep the test out of mind (at least for me). Lots of anxiety about billing hours and the bar...

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:51 am

ineptimusprime wrote:The money is nice, but working at a firm doing law stuff without results makes it hard to keep the test out of mind (at least for me). Lots of anxiety about billing hours and the bar...
I hear you there! I am so worried that if I failed, I will have to move my stuff out of my office. That will be humiliating.

ineptimusprime

Bronze

Post by ineptimusprime » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:58 am

lawdutch2015 wrote: I hear you there! I am so worried that if I failed, I will have to move my stuff out of my office. That will be humiliating.
Haha, I'm planning on putting some stuff in my car the night before--just in case.

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
lawdutch2015 wrote: I hear you there! I am so worried that if I failed, I will have to move my stuff out of my office. That will be humiliating.
Haha, I'm planning on putting some stuff in my car the night before--just in case.
GENIUS.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ohiobumpkin

Silver

Post by Ohiobumpkin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:04 am

I honestly have been able to keep my mind off the bar exam pretty well. I have a job, spouse, dog, and various forms of entertainment to take my mind off of "how did I do?", "I wonder if I passed?" type thoughts. Nice thing is that my state directly tells us exactly when the scores will be released, so there is no guessing when scores will come out. Only crappy thing is that the set-in-stone date is an absurdly long time to wait.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Ohiobumpkin wrote:Only crappy thing is that the set-in-stone date is an absurdly long time to wait.
Yup; same here. CBX is officially released November 20 at 6 PM PST. Might as well give us a mini 3 months doom's day clock when we walk out of the testing room.

derklink

New

Post by derklink » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:56 pm

lawdutch2015 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:The money is nice, but working at a firm doing law stuff without results makes it hard to keep the test out of mind (at least for me). Lots of anxiety about billing hours and the bar...
I hear you there! I am so worried that if I failed, I will have to move my stuff out of my office. That will be humiliating.
I've been there. Took the bar in Germany and was doing an internship at a top law firm, working my ass off, with prospects of getting hired. Failed the bar, had to tell the partners. Most humiliating thing ever, walked out like a beat up dog. Passed the bar the second time (which is also your last chance in Germany), contacted my former bosses about my application and got flat out ignored. Well, in hindsight I was happy to not work there because I've heard the firm turned into a bad place to work at.

BBPorter

New

Post by BBPorter » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:59 pm

zot1 wrote:I'm working already so that keeps my mind off of it sometimes. However, every time my boss or someone else mentions how they can't wait until I get my results back, I feel my stomach flip. I'm usually okay when I get home, but it's tough that everyone at my office don't even consider the fact that I could be retaking.
Preach. I work at the DA's office so I run into judges all the time who say things like that, as well as all of our attorneys and staff. Somehow they all "know" that I will pass [insert personal war story with their own bar exam here]. Hopefully that's because they all know the bar examiners here in Oregon personally and they tipped them off that because my bubbles were so neatly filled with such lawyerly excellence that they didn't even bother to grade my MBE.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”