The waiting game. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
zot1

Gold

Re: The waiting game.

Post by zot1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:00 pm

BBPorter wrote:
zot1 wrote:I'm working already so that keeps my mind off of it sometimes. However, every time my boss or someone else mentions how they can't wait until I get my results back, I feel my stomach flip. I'm usually okay when I get home, but it's tough that everyone at my office don't even consider the fact that I could be retaking.
Preach. I work at the DA's office so I run into judges all the time who say things like that, as well as all of our attorneys and staff. Somehow they all "know" that I will pass [insert personal war story with their own bar exam here]. Hopefully that's because they all know the bar examiners here in Oregon personally and they tipped them off that because my bubbles were so neatly filled with such lawyerly excellence that they didn't even bother to grade my MBE.
I, of course, hate the fact that you're in the same situation. But to be honest (and selfish AF), it's nice to know I'm not the only one going through it again.

Just today we were asked to designate counsel on a matter and was asked, "did you get your results yet?" again. Honestly when I get the results and if I pass, I would notify right away. Well, I would let them know if I didn't pass too because I have to.

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:12 am

Thou SHALL pass!

anon180

New

Post by anon180 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:32 pm

trustmouse83 wrote:Thou SHALL pass!
I take it in this scenario my license is "my precious" ? I'd pick a funny emotiocon to reflect my appreciation for your clever humor, but honestly the thought of NOT knowing right now.................. :oops:

That being said, for July in most states, "The odds are forever in your favor". (not as clever, but one cant trump Gandalf)

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:44 pm

anon180 wrote:
I take it in this scenario my license is "my precious" ? I'd pick a funny emotiocon to reflect my appreciation for your clever humor, but honestly the thought of NOT knowing right now.................. :oops:

That being said, for July in most states, "The odds are forever in your favor". (not as clever, but one cant trump Gandalf)
But Gandalf said, "You shall not pass."

:(

anon180

New

Post by anon180 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:18 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
anon180 wrote:

But Gandalf said, "You shall not pass."

:(
I know, thus why it was so clever for the poster to do the twist. My twist was weaker. Mine was just removing the "shall" with "will". I feel like an MPRE proctor now.............. :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:29 pm

anon180 wrote:I feel like an MPRE proctor now.............. :|
The most loathsome of all proctors...

anon180

New

Post by anon180 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:34 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
Mine was a retired Korean War Veteran who could barely stay awake and his wife that seemed more like his evil abusive nurse. They were so unprepared that they actually had to read the instructions to findout if I was allowed to go to the bathroom during the exam (DURING exam while I was losing time-and at risk of losing more in other places too, if you catch the drift... :o ) But my pants survived (much to the pleasure of those sitting mere inches from me) and I still left with a huge chunk of time on the exam, because its the MPRE and you almost have to try to fail. Honestly I read online that some people fail it, but don't know anyone personally who did. I think that NJ has the right idea. If you take a PR class and pass it, good. At least there the teachers are awake and let you poop.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:26 pm

anon180 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
Mine was a retired Korean War Veteran who could barely stay awake and his wife that seemed more like his evil abusive nurse. They were so unprepared that they actually had to read the instructions to findout if I was allowed to go to the bathroom during the exam (DURING exam while I was losing time-and at risk of losing more in other places too, if you catch the drift... :o ) But my pants survived (much to the pleasure of those sitting mere inches from me) and I still left with a huge chunk of time on the exam, because its the MPRE and you almost have to try to fail. Honestly I read online that some people fail it, but don't know anyone personally who did. I think that NJ has the right idea. If you take a PR class and pass it, good. At least there the teachers are awake and let you poop.
Wow; that sounds brutal...My experience was nothing like that. I got up to pee twice and finished at the halfway point. Apparently there were 2 disbarred attorneys retaking it (1 guy was like 75 years old).

I've read of people passing the Bar and failing the MPRE. Not sure how this is possible unless you simply don't study anything.

I also know a couple of people who told me they had passed the MPRE, but then they were seen taking it again (too ashamed to admit they bombed it the first time, I guess--haha).

anon180

New

Post by anon180 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Yeah, it kind of sucked. But like you said, its pretty easy to pass the MPRE. I'd hate to think of that same situation happening to someone mid MBE though. THAT would suck! :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”