MD Bar Exam- July 2015- Thoughts Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
secondtimer87

New

Re: MD Bar Exam- July 2015- Thoughts

Post by secondtimer87 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:04 am

gr8scOtt! wrote:My account is now showing "You do not have a valid petition to show" but my seat number is still there, and my application still shows all green checks. :|

You have to click submit petition and pretend like you're filing a new one, if it let's you save, and then has all red check marks, you failed, if you get errors that say you can't save or correct errors and the green checkmarks remain, you passed.

gr8scOtt!

Bronze

Post by gr8scOtt! » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:15 am

Ok, it's telling me that I am not allowed to submit a new petition. This is so stressful. :|

ShowMe

New

Post by ShowMe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:18 am

gr8scOtt! wrote:Ok, it's telling me that I am not allowed to submit a new petition. This is so stressful. :|
My green checks have stayed green checks and have NOT turned into red x's. I was told that I can't submit a new petition and to contact SLBE. Hopefully this is a good sign for us. Is there any soul out there with a red x?

ShowMe

New

Post by ShowMe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:19 am

secondtimer87 wrote:
gr8scOtt! wrote:My account is now showing "You do not have a valid petition to show" but my seat number is still there, and my application still shows all green checks. :|

You have to click submit petition and pretend like you're filing a new one, if it let's you save, and then has all red check marks, you failed, if you get errors that say you can't save or correct errors and the green checkmarks remain, you passed.
Hate to keep pressing the issue, but what time in the morning did you check last year? Was it this early?

capricious

New

Post by capricious » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:23 am

You can check now. The system updated at 12 am last night. Over at all4jds.com, people have posted their results. I also have green checks, can't save a new petition, and have no valid petition to show. Others at all4jds have reported red xs and green checks. Try saving a new petition, you don't have to submit it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ShowMe

New

Post by ShowMe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:33 am

capricious wrote:You can check now. The system updated at 12 am last night. Over at all4jds.com, people have posted their results. I also have green checks, can't save a new petition, and have no valid petition to show. Others at all4jds have reported red xs and green checks. Try saving a new petition, you don't have to submit it.
Same thing here! Do you still have your seat number? Because I do.

secondtimer87

New

Post by secondtimer87 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:39 am

ShowMe wrote:
secondtimer87 wrote:

Hate to keep pressing the issue, but what time in the morning did you check last year? Was it this early?

Last year I failed, at 12am last night the server updated, if you failed after clicking submit petition or save petition everything turned to red checkmarks. Same this year except this year shows green so I am hoping that means pass.

capricious

New

Post by capricious » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:41 am

I still have my seat number. I think they leave it up so you can check the results when they come out at 4:30 pm.

scareddawg

New

Post by scareddawg » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:14 am

ShowMe wrote:
gr8scOtt! wrote:Ok, it's telling me that I am not allowed to submit a new petition. This is so stressful. :|
My green checks have stayed green checks and have NOT turned into red x's. I was told that I can't submit a new petition and to contact SLBE. Hopefully this is a good sign for us. Is there any soul out there with a red x?
Same! I do have the save button which scared the hell out of me but when I went to save the error message came saying I cannot submit a new petition and I was told to contact SBLE. My Application page has no retake on it and the green arrows remain despite having a save button. My status still says no valid petition.

Another note: I tried to submit the petition earlier this week (without having a save button until today) and after hitting submit I got a yellow exclamation point, today it turned into a green check.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Poe kitty

New

Post by Poe kitty » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:20 am

scareddawg wrote:
ShowMe wrote:
Same! I do have the save button which scared the hell out of me but when I went to save the error message came saying I cannot submit a new petition and I was told to contact SBLE. My Application page has no retake on it and the green arrows remain despite having a save button. My status still says no valid petition.

Another note: I tried to submit the petition earlier this week (without having a save button until today) and after hitting submit I got a yellow exclamation point, today it turned into a green check.
I tried to submit, got the you can't save/edit button, hit ok and now I see all green checks BUT a yellow exclamation mark at the submit button. Previously this week, it was just all green checks. Anyone else still seeing the yellow exclamation mark?

daveaa

New

Post by daveaa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:23 am

Has anyone tried the glitch recently? Earlier today it was giving me the "you have already submitted" in red, and then (after about 8:00 am) it's giving me the same message but in blue with a blue circle with an i in it. There's now a yellow exclamation mark next to "submit petition" and I can't "save" my original petition (though I could earlier). Still have my seat number under my status.

Poe kitty

New

Post by Poe kitty » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:24 am

Also, I don't see the save button, still have my seat number, and my status still says petition accepted. It seems like I have a mix of what other people are saying.

Hedgehog25

New

Post by Hedgehog25 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:25 am

daveaa wrote:Has anyone tried the glitch recently? Earlier today it was giving me the "you have already submitted" in red, and then (after about 8:00 am) it's giving me the same message but in blue with a blue circle with an i in it. There's now a yellow exclamation mark next to "submit petition" and I can't "save" my original petition (though I could earlier). Still have my seat number under my status.

Same for me. Don't know what this means. Still all green checks otherwise however.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

daveaa

New

Post by daveaa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:27 am

Poe kitty wrote:Also, I don't see the save button, still have my seat number, and my status still says petition accepted. It seems like I have a mix of what other people are saying.
What's up with your check marks? Yellow exclamation point anywhere?

peachielovesyou

New

Post by peachielovesyou » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:27 am

I have all green checks, but after pressing submit, it still has a yellow exclamation mark (I've been trying the submit thing for a couple weeks, so the yellow exclamation mark has. When I try to submit it says "For the completion of your application, you should provide the following details.
Petition has already been submitted."

It also will not let me save a new application (although I can choose Feb 2016 or July 2016 from the drop down menu).

I also still have my seat number, and under my status, it says "petition accepted."

I'm really nervous that this seems to be a different thing than others are showing (but am hoping the absence of red x's is a good thing)...

daveaa

New

Post by daveaa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:31 am

peachielovesyou wrote:I have all green checks, but after pressing submit, it still has a yellow exclamation mark (I've been trying the submit thing for a couple weeks, so the yellow exclamation mark has. When I try to submit it says "For the completion of your application, you should provide the following details.

It also will not let me save a new application (although I can choose Feb 2016 or July 2016 from the drop down menu).

I also still have my seat number, and under my status, it says "petition accepted."

I'm really nervous that this seems to be a different thing than others are showing (but am hoping the absence of red x's is a good thing)...

I think you're describing exactly what I'm experiencing. Until this morning at about 8:00 am it was all green checks, even next to submit petition.

capricious

New

Post by capricious » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:32 am

peachielovesyou wrote:I have all green checks, but after pressing submit, it still has a yellow exclamation mark (I've been trying the submit thing for a couple weeks, so the yellow exclamation mark has. When I try to submit it says "For the completion of your application, you should provide the following details.

Are you filling out the whole page, including the selections at the bottom, before you try to save the petition?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ShowMe

New

Post by ShowMe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:33 am

My status changed from 'no valid petition' to 'petition accepted' at 9:00 am when I checked. I previously had a 'save application' option, but that is no longer there (i.e. I cannot save the petition). Also, the petition remains "(ORIGINAL)" and I do not have green checks.

Hedgehog25

New

Post by Hedgehog25 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:34 am

daveaa wrote:

I think you're describing exactly what I'm experiencing. Until this morning at about 8:00 am it was all green checks, even next to submit petition.
This is my experience too.

daveaa

New

Post by daveaa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:36 am

ShowMe wrote:My status changed from 'no valid petition' to 'petition accepted' at 9:00 am when I checked. I previously had a 'save application' option, but that is no longer there (i.e. I cannot save the petition). Also, the petition remains "(ORIGINAL)" and I do not have green checks.
No green checks anywhere at all?

capricious

New

Post by capricious » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:38 am

Mine has switched back! I had "no valid petition" and wasn't allowed to save the petition at 6 am this morning (even though the button was there). Now it's switched back to what had been there since taking the bar. Just says "petition accepted" and when I go into the petition, there's no save button anymore.
Last edited by capricious on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ShowMe

New

Post by ShowMe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:38 am

daveaa wrote:
ShowMe wrote:My status changed from 'no valid petition' to 'petition accepted' at 9:00 am when I checked. I previously had a 'save application' option, but that is no longer there (i.e. I cannot save the petition). Also, the petition remains "(ORIGINAL)" and I do not have green checks.

Still have all green checks

secondtimer87

New

Post by secondtimer87 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:38 am

Second year around in this guys,

The ones of you who were lucky enough to be awake early and click submit -- if it turned red = you failed, if it stayed green and told you application can't be submitted contact blah blah -= you passed. They "fixed" the glitch an hour later last year as well after people started calling and asking if it means anything. They tell you it means nothing, but I know of myself and 3 others with red marks who failed and 2 others without who passed in July 2014.

daveaa

New

Post by daveaa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:40 am

ShowMe wrote:
daveaa wrote:

Still have all green checks

Have you done the resubmit thing? Green check next to "submit petition" even after that?

daveaa

New

Post by daveaa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:41 am

secondtimer87 wrote:Second year around in this guys,

The ones of you who were lucky enough to be awake early and click submit -- if it turned red = you failed, if it stayed green and told you application can't be submitted contact blah blah -= you passed. They "fixed" the glitch an hour later last year as well after people started calling and asking if it means anything. They tell you it means nothing, but I know of myself and 3 others with red marks who failed and 2 others without who passed in July 2014.
Good God I hope you're right. This yellow exclamation mark is freaking me out.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”